Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Just last night having this argument on Twitter (I know, I know) genuinely people believe we're in the SAME position as we were when Ashley took over and he's doing good:

And that we've leapfrogged team under Ashley:

These people deserve the club the way it is now.

argued with that same bloke as well about injuries.

He's an idiot that kid.....I had an argument with him when Perez was sold as he tried to say that Leiceter were no more ambitious as a club than NUFC!

Guest godzilla

Loads of the sheep on social media to the news that Shelvey and Ritchie are maybe getting their contracts extended are saying it's great. Neither would get anywhere near a top 10 team and are the perfect example of why this club will never progress. Obvious upgrades required for both these players (and a quite few others) yet Ashley takes the easy option as always, saving money; and looking at giving new contacts instead of the sensible thing in progressing the team. Bruce will think it's great what his master is doing and the sheep are following as always.

I've blocked the cretin now, he talks too much bollocks for me, however there's been another few Ashleyites crawl out the woodwork, claiming everything is bright and breezy. I think I've had enough Twitter for one day.

Mattoon[/member] These are the people that don't have an interest in success. All they want is to support a team that is in the Premier League.

I'm not sure if they're trolls, shills or just plain thick, literally every argument comes down to him saving us financially and we can only spend what we earn and also that our commercial income is about average for a PL team. No wider picture, no acknowledgement that we don't even try to compete, it's bizarre, like they live in a whole different world and completely ignore the evidence around them. I've done arguing with stupid, it's too tiring.

I was at Tynemouth market yesterday chatting to a bloke at one of the stalls - he sells old Newcastle match programmes among other things. He was laughing that my mate who was up from London looks a bit like Mike Ashley (he does amusingly).

We then got onto Mike Ashley........and he offered a staunch defence of him, saved the club financially, shouldn’t be down to him to put millions in. Then proceeded to tell me that I wasn’t a supporter given I’ve decided to stop going because I don’t believe there’s any true ambition nor do I want to put money into it. I politely disagreed and put my point across and he’s obviously entitled to his opinion but it was astonishing really.

Incredibly there are big Newcastle fans out there who think Ashley is class. Just look at Steve Bruce.

Michael Chopra: I wonder what Steve Bruce does in training, more players injured.

Alan Shearer in response: A good result and well done to Steve and the team.

In what world is this Shearer backing MA? We know Bruce and Shearer are pals. We know Shearer advised him against taking the job. Shearer has been calling out results and performances for what they are on face value each time. Is there more to this story like a back & forth? The Chronicle said it was "brutal shut down". I've seen Shearer shut down folks on twitter before, this seems far from it.

Shearer has criticized Mike Ashley's running of the club for ages. He still gets excited every time we score a goal or get a result, it's talked about or often shown on twitter many a time.

Don't know maybe, I just didn't find it all bad nor did I care about it - end of day, still Bruce, still Ashley. Hard to get too excited or upset anymore.

Michael Chopra: I wonder what Steve Bruce does in training, more players injured.

Alan Shearer in response: A good result and well done to Steve and the team.

In what world is this Shearer backing MA? We know Bruce and Shearer are pals. We know Shearer advised him against taking the job. Shearer has been calling out results and performances for what they are on face value each time. Is there more to this story like a back & forth? The Chronicle said it was "brutal shut down". I've seen Shearer shut down folks on twitter before, this seems far from it.

Shearer has criticized Mike Ashley's running of the club for ages. He still gets excited every time we score a goal or get a result, it's talked about or often shown on twitter many a time.

Don't know maybe, I just didn't find it all bad nor did I care about it - end of day, still Bruce, still Ashley. Hard to get too excited or upset anymore.

Maybe you don't understand how Twitter works. When you quote tweet someone (like Al did Chops) and post an opposite statement, you're dunking on them.

I read that and think "why wasn't Charnley sacked years ago" but then I remember that he's a willing patsy for Ashley that will obey his every command and gets paid about the same as a postman.