Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

That's a damned extravagance. Absolutely taking the piss how class that is. We should thank our lucky stars that he's a worky ticket, because he'd have been nowhere near us if he wasn't. We wouldn't have even had the opportunity to be choosy beggars and think that we were better than the excitement of watching an unbelievable talent pulling things off that in all truth we hadn't seen since Beardsley in terms of raw skill on the ball and I don't know when we'll see again.

Everyone has their preference in terms of talent vs attitude, but teams like us don't have the very top players anymore and now attitude is the bedrock that gets you out of trouble and winning vital games, and maybe the talent is less apparent than say when we had Beardsley and Ginola, but if a team is good enough to accommodate the all out attacking player, which I believe we were with Cabaye, Ba, etc, a player that'll put defenders on their arse and negate any need to worry about defensive duties, because they're having to think about him, I'll take that all day every day over a dutiful player whose contribution is more defensive, which when he was at Newcastle was everyone that could play in his position. He was fucking magic.

Before he gets here....Dinho sod the feck off and let us fanboys have our moment  :lol:

He was the first one to post about the goal

Well then maybe i should have looked higher up and not been a prat  :lol:

Could it be the fact that he hasn't ran himself to the ground every day in training and in every match that enables him to still produce goals such as the one he scored on Saturday, at 32 years old, after 15 years of first team, top league football? I don't know much about the body and exercise, but I've always had it in my mind that you've got a certain mileage before you start losing explosiveness in your muscles? :lol: See a lot of rapid players whose main attribute was acceleration/pace turn pretty bad after turning 29-30-31 when they don't have that youthful athleticism anymore.

Probably more suited for the daft questions thread come to think of it.

Could it be the fact that he hasn't ran himself to the ground every day in training and in every match that enables him to still produce goals such as the one he scored on Saturday, at 32 years old, after 15 years of first team, top league football? I don't know much about the body and exercise, but I've always had it in my mind that you've got a certain mileage before you start losing explosiveness in your muscles? :lol: See a lot of rapid players whose main attribute was acceleration/pace turn pretty bad after turning 29-30-31 when they don't have that youthful athleticism anymore.

Messi barely moves when the other team has the ball, saves himself for when he has the chance to do something

Messi barely moves when the other team has the ball, saves himself for when he has the chance to do something

More like sheer laziness.

Then the cunt 25 seconds into that video would have be blaming Messi for the 4 goals we would have conceded, all because Messi was lounging about doing fuck all.