Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Even without Wilson, we've got enough quality to score goals, it's all about the system. Stick to Jones' system and we have half a chance.

My concern (see above) is we are conceding far too many goals and look like we are going to whenever a team attacks our goal. It’s ok scoring goals, but, do we have the players to score 2, 3 or more to keep churning out results. Our defensive formation is very poor no matter which players are in position. The system currently is certainly not providing a good defensive platform.

Even without Wilson, we've got enough quality to score goals, it's all about the system. Stick to Jones' system and we have half a chance.

O0 Fulham messed up not beating Burnley that was huge,Unless they can get a system in place that gets mitro firing they are gone 100%

My concern (see above) is we are conceding far too many goals and look like we are going to whenever a team attacks our goal. It’s ok scoring goals, but, do we have the players to score 2, 3 or more to keep churning out results. Our defensive formation is very poor no matter which players are in position. The system currently is certainly not providing a good defensive platform.

Neither was Bruce's ultra defensive surrender system. Best try to score, you don't win a game if you don't.

Neither was Bruce's ultra defensive surrender system. Best try to score, you don't win a game if you don't.

Didn’t say it was, but, this one isn’t either. With Wilson missing we don’t have the players to score enough goals to win games. I think we’re down either way as Jones was not the solution to the problem a proper manager was.

Didn’t say it was, but, this one isn’t either. With Wilson missing we don’t have the players to score enough goals to win games. I think we’re down either way as Jones was not the solution to the problem a proper manager was.

Fair point that  O0

I have feeling that in a few weeks time we're going to be 4/5 points from safety, Momentum is swinging well away from us, everyone bar Sheff Utd and WBA looks like they can get a result.

We have no fight, are showing no fight certainly without Wilson and with Bruce still blundering along we're doomed.

Fair point that  O0

I have feeling that in a few weeks time we're going to be 4/5 points from safety, Momentum is swinging well away from us, everyone bar Sheff Utd and WBA looks like they can get a result.

We have no fight, are showing no fight certainly without Wilson and with Bruce still blundering along we're doomed.

Yeah I agree

Are you unhappy with this? ???

I mean, let’s be honest you are not getting a takeover. Why on earth would someone NOT be happy seeing Mike Ashley burn to the ground? You really think anything will get better as long as this regime is in charge... hello ???

I mean, let’s be honest you are not getting a takeover. Why on earth would someone NOT be happy seeing Mike Ashley burn to the ground? You really think anything will get better as long as this regime is in charge... hello ???

I couldn't give a F*** if the club did a sunderland under Ashley and i can't see that being to far off,The takeover is Fuc*ed and so is the club i'll crack open the beers if we sink

We are in danger of a huge shift in this club.

This feels different this time, if we go down we will crash and burn imho, no money to spend, no gaurantee the squad will stick together, Bruce could stay on, I agree with another poster that would be me fully done with this club.This is a very real scenario folks, very real. Very sad .

The obvious solution is to bring Dubravka back in and then once fit Fed comes in to partner Lascelles. Full backs are a problem, need Manquillo back

Yes I'm unhappy. In case there is still a takeover on the cards.

The obvious solution is to bring Dubravka back in and then once fit Fed comes in to partner Lascelles. Full backs are a problem, need Manquillo back

Dubravka has to come in. Problem is it does not matter which players come in, we still concede too many goals. The real solution is a total change in manager, but, that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

The form guide makes for interesting reading over the last five games:

Southampton - 1 point

Burnley - 6 points

Brighton - 8 points

Newcastle - 6 points

Fulham - 8 points

West Brom - 3 points

Sheffield United - 3 points

So it's much of a much really. Us, West Brom and Brighton have had to play two of the 'big six' too.

Also have to hope that Fulham peak too soon. Every year there'll be a team who puts together a run of form but sometimes it comes too early - maybe facing Spurs, Liverpool and Man City consecutively can end that.

I was thinking this yesterday. Probably clutching. They’ve had a really really good run and they’re still 3 points behind. If we win a couple of games in the next few, they lose and the points gap looks big again it’ll be a huge mental hurdle for them to overcome. We need to do our bit and get some wins though.

Also have to hope that Fulham peak too soon. Every year there'll be a team who puts together a run of form but sometimes it comes too early - maybe facing Spurs, Liverpool and Man City consecutively can end that.

I was thinking this yesterday. Probably clutching. They’ve had a really really good run and they’re still 3 points behind. If we win a couple of games in the next few, they lose and the points gap looks big again it’ll be a huge mental hurdle for them to overcome. We need to do our bit and get some wins though.

Our season will go a long way to being decided in the next 4-5 games. If we somehow pull out some results and Fulham drop some points in the tougher fixtures we may just pull clear. Conversely if they continue to do well and we struggle it’s goodnight Irene

We are going down, it's written in stone. We deserve it too, big time (not us fans though). We are a house on fire where the firefighters aren't bothered to do anything about it, and haven't been for ages.

We are going down, it's written in stone. We deserve it too, big time (not us fans though). We are a house on fire where the firefighters aren't bothered to do anything about it, and haven't been for ages.

Well summed up. Same mistakes, time and again, is it any surprise we are where we are with the ludicrous decisions that are made 🤷‍♂️

So easy to stay up too. It's comical how a club can be this mismanaged, it's almost surreal :lol:

A proper empty fucking shell.

It’s genuinely mental.

I think that’s part of the reason pundits have such a difficult time. On the pitch there are 11 players and it kind of looks like a football club, and some of their opinions can apply to.

But in reality it has broken so many of the principles and premises that usually apply, that it’s futile to try and assess it as if it’s a football club in the normal sense.

I mean, our approach to avoiding a £100m relegation is Graeme Jones and an Arsenal loanee. Makes no sense at all.