Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

First time we went down we had players with a bit of character, the second time we had Rafa and his organisation.

If we do go down a third time we have nowhere near either of those things, we'll be well and truly fucked.

We’d still get £80-100m from Dubravka, ASM, Almiron, Wilson. The core of a good Championship team is still here and we’d spend £30-40m again on players to get us back up. Watford’s best players have pretty much all left and they’re still in the promotion hunt. Doubt Sheff Utd & WBA would be much of a threat. Think we’d still come up.

Who's the Boss?

Tony Danza?

It won’t be Bruce. He’ll get someone cheap enough to not cost too much but experienced enough to get us promoted.

It'll likely be Jones, I guess. I know he lifted things to a new level, but I don't think he guarantees promotion.

Bruce's record with us as a PL team against lower league sides over 90minutes:

Blackburn: undeserved 1-0 win at home, Brentford: deserved 1-0 defeat away

Oxford 0-0 h, Oxford 2-2 away, Rochdale 1-1 away, Rochdale 4-1 h, Newport 1-1 away, Morecambe 7-0 away

Without PL money, no 52k draw, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar, ASM and Almiron.

That's midtable in the championship form.

Bruce's record with us as a PL team against lower league sides over 90minutes:

Blackburn: undeserved 1-0 win at home, Brentford: deserved 1-0 defeat away

Oxford 0-0 h, Oxford 2-2 away, Rochdale 1-1 away, Rochdale 4-1 h, Newport 1-1 away, Morecambe 7-0 away

Without PL money, no 52k draw, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar, ASM and Almiron.

That's midtable in the championship form.

He left Aston Villa 12th in the Championship when he was sacked with the biggest wage and transfer spend so sounds about right

Just like his career in general though and his record with us, there's a narrative I've heard/read that he'd be good at that level for some reason. He could blag another crack. Though I do think if we get beat by Wolves even he'll be nervous about Monday morning phone calls.

What he did at Villa, the disdain the fans had for him and how that club has moved on so much since him, is never even touched on.

Just like his career in general though and his record with us, there's a narrative that he'd be good at that level for some reason.

What he did at Villa, the disdain the fans had for him and how that club has moved on so much since him, is never even touched on.

Last season I posted his managerial career season by season (can’t be arsed to look). Over a 20 year career his average league finish in the league ladder is between 20th & 21st. He’s horrendous.

By the way, Fulham are just the sort of team at the moment who are capable of getting something against Spurs and/or Liverpool the way things have been the last month. They’ve then got 4 mid-table sides with little to play for. On paper the fixtures look hard but it’d be no surprise if they win a few of their next 7.

Liverpool/Spurs has a similar sort of ring to the Chelsea/Everton double-header for Sunderland that helped send us down.

Ignore the pundits look at the bookies, Fulham are big favourites away to Palace next week I can't think of a Newcastle fixture in recent memory that we have been favourites

And Wolves are bigger favourites to beat us than are Fulham to beat Palace.  We will be the betting underdog in all the rest of our games this season except for Sheffield Utd. at home.

Did one of those predictor things and we finished 18th with 30pts.

Fulham eased to safety and Burnley pip 'us' by a point to finish 17th.

Struggling to see this turning around unless ASM plays individually brilliant and scores some worldies.

Down with Sheff Utd and West Brom, and we won't be bouncing straight back up either.

Struggling to see this turning around unless ASM plays individually brilliant and scores some worldies.

Down with Sheff Utd and West Brom, and we won't be bouncing straight back up either.

You'll think we'll only get 5 points from the next 13 games?  :undecided:

You'll think we'll only get 5 points from the next 13 games?  :undecided:

We've only got I think 8 in the last 11, something along those lines and we've lost the player involved in most of our goals.

Fulham aren’t exactly Bayern Munich, and they have a difficult run of games coming up soon as well. Our main issue is Bruce being so shit and the fact that it’s almost impossible for us to beat anyone without Wilson in the team.

Fulham aren’t exactly Bayern Munich, and they have a difficult run of games coming up soon as well. Our main issue is Bruce being so s*** and the fact that it’s almost impossible for us to beat anyone without Wilson in the team.

I stated on another thread earlier that equally as concerning (if not more) than Wilson being absent is the fact we leak goals for fun and look like doing it every time any opposition attacks. You can’t keep letting in 2 - 3 goals just about every game and expect to get consistent results.

We go into a period of massive games and I mean massive with goals being the ONLY thing that will save us .

We have..... Joe Linton, Andy Carroll  Dwight Gayle

And some think we will stay up  :lol:

Its happening

The problem is even when we look ok, we are still conceding really soft goals which is the hallmark sign of a relegation team.

Fulham on the other hand seem to have sorted this problem and look very difficult to beat. I think it will be between us and Burnley, with Burnley coming out on top.