General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

My favourite ever away game!

One night in Rotterdam – inside Newcastle’s most dramatic Champions League win

https://theathletic.com/2186843/2020/11/12/newcastle-dyer-bellamy-feyenoord/?source=user_shared_article

One of the greatest and most exhausting trips ever from the day and night before in Amsterdam, to getting back to Amsterdam Central from Rotterdam in the early hours.

Remember drinking with Ajax fans on the day before from lunchtime, think they were playing Inter at home on the Tuesday night. Never felt so ill after drinking the local premium ales on the morning of match. Train to Rotterdam with some of Newcastle’s finest  :azn: and the local plod trying to stop us getting off at Rotterdam central. We made it down to Oudehaven where the bars were choca with Newcastle, then from nowhere we’re attacked by the mackem loving locals. Never been anywhere like the De Kuip with the cage and tunnel to get you into ground, probably only Millwall in this country compares.

On the pitch we were fucking outstanding, what a team Bellamy, Dyer, Robert, Viana and Shearer. Those are the type of nights I don’t see being repeated. Was one of them proper old school away days, where there was a real edge in the air, and our support was at its radgiest and mental best.

Happy days.

Yep. It’s not like they make more money or spend more money than us either. Even a Mike Ashley NUFC should be capable of what they’re doing, but a) he doesn’t give a shit and b) the manager is not good enough.

Exactly mate!

I'd love to hear our infrastructure compared to these! Joke really mind.

WTF!

https://theathletic.co.uk/2239156/2020/12/07/true-geordie-brian-davis/

n 2019, True Geordie was ninth on livefootballtickets.com’s list ranking money earned from football YouTube channels. Davis recouped $165,305 (£122,629) from views, more than either Real Madrid or Juventus, and that excludes his sponsorship deals and other revenue streams.

Davis says he has signed “six-figure deals” in the past and recent estimates place the 33-year-old’s net worth at $1.1 million (£820,000).

That is why he can afford to use a PR firm whose clients have included Tony Blair, and to own studio equipment so advanced it is worth hundreds of thousands of pounds. It is so well-equipped, in fact, that the FA rented it for a live cup draw.

“They redressed the studio,” McKenna says. “But we still got a few comments from people saying, ‘Why are the FA in True Geordie’s flat?’ When a little lad from Newcastle has a studio so good that the FA is renting it from you, that’s insane,” says Davis.

He is also earning enough to employ 15 people, which is why the production quality of The Kick Off is so high.

True Geordie obviously doing well for himself. Good on him. :thup:

Aye definitely - I was just gobsmacked by the numbers!

I've met him a few times on nights out as he's good pals with a mate and he's a smashing lad - bizarrely very quiet!

Is the Kick Off decent like? Never seen it

I like it. You won’t get  in depth tactical analysis like you might from say a Carragher or Neville, but you will have regular football fans giving honest fairly well informed opinions. Rory and Hugh are good additions to the show imo.

True Geordie obviously doing well for himself. Good on him. :thup:

Aye definitely - I was just gobsmacked by the numbers!

I've met him a few times on nights out as he's good pals with a mate and he's a smashing lad - bizarrely very quiet!

It's mad to think that he just started off by posting post-match rants when he was half-cut. Fair play. :thup:

Is the Kick Off decent like? Never seen it

I like it. You won’t get  in depth tactical analysis like you might from say a Carragher or Neville, but you will have regular football fans giving honest fairly well informed opinions. Rory and Hugh are good additions to the show imo.

Will give it a shot at weekend then. Cheers.