Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United - 14/09/19 - reaction from page 11

BlueStar

It was awful positioning from Schar for that goal, Neesy is right. He opened up the space for Salah. But we know that's one of his weaknesses and that's what we get. He has plenty of other massive strengths which we all love. No problem. Good player for us, playing against the very best under pressure he is going to make these kind of mistakes - if he didn't he wouldn't play for Newcastle United.

Pretty much. He's a fantastic player all around. A bit suss defensively at times, but that's okay. Still a massive plus for what he brings to the team.

Pause this on 7 seconds and tell me how it’s poor positioning? We’ve got two defenders tear arsing up Firmino’s backside, he’s watching Mane...it’s just a class flick that takes them all out. Shelvey doesn’t track the runner (Salah) and that was always going to be a goal.

The giant massive gap about 20 yards wide that Salah strolls into, it's not just him - it's others in the unit as well. The three centre backs become far too narrow and the gap to the full back is disgrace. Some other big mistakes in there than Schar's positioning mind. From the very start of the play the shape has gone, Schar is on a different line to his other two centre backs, and they never regain their proper shape.

These things are normal, you know. We are playing one of the best teams in the land and all their players and manager are far superior to ours.

I don’t mind Krafth but dropping Manquillo when he’d ended last season well is just weird.

I think Krafth will be decent when it's all said and done.

I like his energy and desire. Just needs to temper things a bit, very different league to what he has come from.

KaKa out matchday fishing again.

It's way too early. And this is one game against a top team with very difficult players on that side man. We'll see.

Weren't you one of those writing off Willems as fat and slow after Arsenal. Just give it a rest. Your type are never right about half of your claims every player is rubbish.

To early for what? For how many games have you seen him play?

Krafth isn’t good enough for the Premier League.

I've seen him play three premier league games. Same as everyone else.

I’ve seen him play for Östers IF, Helsingborg, Bologna, Amiens and the Swedish national team. From what I have seen and know about Krafth he’s not good enough for Nufc.

Okay, well we'll all get to see how he pans out actually playing in the premier league.

He's making mistakes at the moment, but I don't see a complete disaster at all. I like his energy and desire. Just my opinion.

Could have certainly done without being thrown straight into the team so early too, especially with Manquillo available. No idea what that's about.

Our manager isn't very good.

See we're still happy to have the enormous gap between the midfield and forwards. Basically sit you're midfield on top of your back five, leave Almiron as some sort of box to box headless chicken with Joelinton like the rest of us wondering what the fuck he's supposed to do.

It's no wonder a fullback scored today and our second best chance fell again to a fullback, because on occasions they are the only attacking outlet.

Pure shit to sit through.

It's not good to watch, but I'm not sure we'd do any better if we pressed higher up the pitch. If you do that, you need players who can score goals because you will be a lot more open to counters.

No shame in that today, against probably the best team in Europe, on current form. Attsu started really brightly, but faded in the 2nd half. Thought Joelinton battled really well, but suffered from a lack of support. Almiron needs to play off him and not where he feels like it!

It was awful positioning from Schar for that goal, Neesy is right. He opened up the space for Salah. But we know that's one of his weaknesses and that's what we get. He has plenty of other massive strengths which we all love. No problem. Good player for us, playing against the very best under pressure he is going to make these kind of mistakes - if he didn't he wouldn't play for Newcastle United.

Pretty much. He's a fantastic player all around. A bit suss defensively at times, but that's okay. Still a massive plus for what he brings to the team.

Pause this on 7 seconds and tell me how it’s poor positioning? We’ve got two defenders tear arsing up Firmino’s backside, he’s watching Mane...it’s just a class flick that takes them all out. Shelvey doesn’t track the runner (Salah) and that was always going to be a goal.

The giant massive gap about 20 yards wide that Salah strolls into, it's not just him - it's others in the unit as well. The three centre backs become far too narrow and the gap to the full back is disgrace. Some other big mistakes in there than Schar's positioning mind. From the very start of the play the shape has gone, Schar is on a different line to his other two centre backs, and they never regain their proper shape.

These things are normal, you know. We are playing one of the best teams in the land and all their players and manager are far superior to ours.

There’s nowt wrong with the positioning man. :lol:

No tracking from the midfielders...you could question Manquillo not tucking in a bit more but it happened at such high speed between two class players, sometimes you just have to accept it’s a great goal.

As if there's any point dissecting a defeat like this. Liverpool never got out of second gear. We aren't a PL team and won't be for as long as the owner we've been saddled with decides to remain uncompetitive. Fuck knows there isn't even a point in this very post.

Good post :lol:👍🏻

As if there's any point dissecting a defeat like this. Liverpool never got out of second gear. We aren't a PL team and won't be for as long as the owner we've been saddled with decides to remain uncompetitive. Fuck knows there isn't even a point in this very post.

Good post :lol:👍🏻

Was thinking just that. :lol:

No tracking from the midfielders...you could question Manquillo not tucking in a bit more but it happened at such high speed between two class players, sometimes you just have to accept it’s a great goal.

He's out of position from the very start of that clip - the three centre backs should be operating on the same line - this isn't exclusively his fault but we never recover from it in this passage of play. He's ahead of his colleagues and the wrong side of Liverpool player and we never properly recover the shape.

These things happen a fair few times in a game, especially against a side as good as this and in this instance we got punished for it and I'm sure it will be something they will be working on on the training ground, they certainly would be under Rafa. Mistakes are a massive part of the game, especially at this level, but seemingly proper analysis and critique isn't welcome on here or rather you are not allowed to criticise golden boy Schar because he's great on the ball and scores great goals.

I don’t mind Krafth but dropping Manquillo when he’d ended last season well is just weird.

I think Krafth will be decent when it's all said and done.

I like his energy and desire. Just needs to temper things a bit, very different league to what he has come from.

KaKa out matchday fishing again.

It's way too early. And this is one game against a top team with very difficult players on that side man. We'll see.

Weren't you one of those writing off Willems as fat and slow after Arsenal. Just give it a rest. Your type are never right about half of your claims every player is rubbish.

To early for what? For how many games have you seen him play?

Krafth isn’t good enough for the Premier League.

I've seen him play three premier league games. Same as everyone else.

I’ve seen him play for Östers IF, Helsingborg, Bologna, Amiens and the Swedish national team. From what I have seen and know about Krafth he’s not good enough for Nufc.

Okay, well we'll all get to see how he pans out actually playing in the premier league.

He's making mistakes at the moment, but I don't see a complete disaster at all. I like his energy and desire. Just my opinion.

Could have certainly done without being thrown straight into the team so early too, especially with Manquillo available. No idea what that's about.

Thing is, Kaka, i'd have bags of energy and desire if I was playing for NUFC but I still wouldn't pick myself as first choice right back.

Energy and desire need to be allied with quality and talent otherwise you're basically looking at Carver's 'run faster, jump higher' bollocks.

Really don’t agree. At the start of the clip he’s following Mane right side of the box. Ball gets played into the middle so between 2-5 seconds he’s following Mane in as he’s the goal threat. I’m really not sure what else is expected of him here other than to keep Mane in check.

He's out of position from the very start of that clip - the three centre backs should be operating on the same line - this isn't exclusively his fault but we never recover from it in this passage of play. He's ahead of his colleagues and the wrong side of Liverpool player and we never properly recover the shape.

These things happen a fair few times in a game, especially against a side as good as this and in this instance we got punished for it and I'm sure it will be something they will be working on on the training ground, they certainly would be under Rafa. Mistakes are a massive part of the game, especially at this level, but seemingly proper analysis and critique isn't welcome on here or rather you are not allowed to criticise golden boy Schar because he's great on the ball and scores great goals.

The 3 defenders aren't going to be in the same line at all times in a game, one of the advantages of 3 at the back is that they can take a few more risks. When Salah passes the ball to Firmino the 3 centre halves are in a good line which is when the line matters. Dummett leaves to press Firmino, Wijnaldum makes a move inside which Schar has to follow and the space is there for Salah. Manquillo should perhaps have come in a few yards but it all happens very quickly and is fantastic by Firmino

Really don’t agree. At the start of the clip he’s following Mane right side of the box. Ball gets played into the middle so between 2-5 seconds he’s following Mane in as he’s the goal threat. I’m really not sure what else is expected of him here other than to keep Mane in check.

To tuck in behind Wijnaldum, keep his position in line with the other two centre backs and not follow the man and be dragged too central and the unit should operate properly. Others also make mistakes here, it's a accumulation of a lot of little errors. It's not a big deal - we're talking Rafa levels of perfection here in being critical here. Like I said these things happen especially against a side as good as Liverpool. Me saying it was horrific position was probably hyperbole.

When was the last time we had the majority of the possession or tried to actually get on the ball and do something with it? Can you remember the last time we actually tried to impose ourselves on a game? Hardly ever the last few seasons I reckon.

Today 24% and one shot on target. Absolute waste of fucking time. Please get relegated

The 3 defenders aren't going to be in the same line at all times in a game, one of the advantages of 3 at the back is that they can take a few more risks. When Salah passes the ball to Firmino the 3 centre halves are in a good line which is when the line matters. Dummett leaves to press Firmino, Wijnaldum makes a move inside which Schar has to follow and the space is there for Salah. Manquillo should perhaps have come in a few yards but it all happens very quickly and is fantastic by Firmino

In a better position by then but still not perfect, and a little too narrow. But we are nitpicking here.

Forget about anything else, Shelvey should know Salah is going for a 1-2 and instead of blocking Salah off giving away a fairly safe free kick, he actually moves to avoid Salah. The move should have been stopped before it got going.

The 2nd goal was a disgrace, wtf was Atsu thinking and was Dub’s being a little cowardly?

Liverpool didn’t play well and though they might have been able to step it up we should feel we missed an opportunity here.