Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I get the Carrick comparisons but only inn the coolness and tempo way. Reminds me a little of Woodgate defensively in that he just edges opposition out rather than blockbuster challenges.

Got to wonder if Rafa would have used him if he wasn't forced  ?

I get the Carrick comparisons but only inn the coolness and tempo way. Reminds me a little of Woodgate defensively in that he just edges opposition out rather than blockbuster challenges.

Got to wonder if Rafa would have used him if he wasn't forced  ?

Who cares, sometimes life throws a curve ball and it turns out great, this was it, you get a chance and boom you take it....the likes of Armstrong didn’t and Rooney did.(granted one had more ability than the other)

Hes nee Jack Colback

Thank fuck.

Hope this puts to bed the knock the local lads myth. Colback was a bell and utter shit - Dummett is a nice lad and an athlete but has his limitations. In a larger squad he has a place. People love this lad and respect his attitude and application.

Guest alijmitchell

Love seeing this guy do his thing for us! He’s class and so great to have a midfielder come through the academy for once.

Nothing about him reminds me of Carrick. Not that he wasn't an immense player in his own right. He's just a different midfielder with a different style of play. Longstaff is more attack minded and would score/assist many more than Carrick did if he went on and fulfilled his potential.

Longstaff will be the first 100M English player in the next few years.

Nothing about him reminds me of Carrick. Not that he wasn't an immense player in his own right. He's just a different midfielder with a different style of play. Longstaff is more attack minded and would score/assist many more than Carrick did if he went on and fulfilled his potential.

Longstaff will be the first 100M English player in the next few years.

In terms of their composure on the ball, their ability to make space for themselves under pressure and their efficiency with the ball, they are very similar. I can see where the comparisons are coming from even if their playing styles are different.

Guest firetotheworks

The posts about how he has some better attributes than Michael Carrick would say aye, just a bit like. :lol: Similarly the ones about not needing Shelvey anymore.

He's been a revelation, I just think there's no rush, he looks like he has what it takes though.

His song selection is pretty rubbish like, we need to work on it.

We were short-staffed,

Now we're long-staffed

(To sit down, shut up/play up Pompey)

We trained him at John Spence

To batter your defence

Sean Longstaff

Woooaahhh

Sean Longstaff

Woooaahhh

The brimful of asha one is canny imo, dont think I've heard that used for a chant before and I prefer originality to changing the words to something everyone's singing

Was used by us for Joey Barton wasn’t it? Nutter instead of Geordie though.

The brimful of asha one is canny imo, dont think I've heard that used for a chant before and I prefer originality to changing the words to something everyone's singing

Was used by us for Joey Barton wasn’t it? Nutter instead of Geordie though.

Just realised that and thought I'd gotten away with it 😔