Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Like this lad, really want him to do well.

Didn’t realise Alan Thompson was his uncle, either.

I heard that, so is it the same Alan Thompson who used to play for us in Ardiles' team of teenagers back in the old second division?

I think it’s the one who used to play for Bolton and was a coach here once too. Could be wrong.

That's the same one. Broke his neck in a car crash while a youth team player for us.

Longstaff had some lovely moments today in which he'd turn under pressure into space, retain ball and distribute it out wide or forward. Really pleasing to see versus a swarming press.

Was really impressed by his ability to do this.  Always seemed to be able to create a bit of space for himself.

Longstaff had some lovely moments today in which he'd turn under pressure into space, retain ball and distribute it out wide or forward. Really pleasing to see versus a swarming press.

Was really impressed by his ability to do this.  Always seemed to be able to create a bit of space for himself.

I think Longstaff and Ki together would have a calming effect on the team as both seems to create the space for themself instead of just hoof it up the pitch and hope for the best.

Exited to get to see them play together.

Longstaff and Ki are both not very great tacklers, IMO. We need a proper holding midfielder next to a more creative one with our current crop. Ki and Longstaff are competing for the same shirt. They probably only play together if we are down and chasing a game.

Diame needs to be in the team.

Aye, someone else’s.

Been one of our best players since promotion and still criminally underrated by some fans.

Apart from the last 4-5 months of last season (which he was incredible) he’s been fucking hopeless.

I doubt he’ll be playing for us next season, unless we go down.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Diame needs to be in the team.

Aye, someone else’s.

Been one of our best players since promotion and still criminally underrated by some fans.

Apart from the last 4-5 months of last season (which he was incredible) he’s been fucking hopeless.

I doubt he’ll be playing for us next season, unless we go down.

Agreed

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Just had bit craic with him earlier. Thanked him for becoming a beacon of light in amongst the darkest of drudgery.

Did you tell him how much you hate Rafa but refuse to say who you think should replace him?

Just had bit craic with him earlier. Thanked him for becoming a beacon of light in amongst the darkest of drudgery.

Did you tell him how much you hate Rafa but refuse to say who you think should replace him?

I didn't think that discussing the managers inane tactics was an apt subject. But, I'll remember for next time.