Lee Charnley

Dave

My own theory, probably shared by many others, is that they've sounded a few people out and got a positive response from them indicating they're interested. They've followed it up by discussing the role they see for the new head coach and they've all run a mile leaving them with no choice but to pretend they're 'waiting' until Summer to buy a bit more time. Give it to Carver and cross their fingers he doesn't relegate the club until them come up with someone spineless enough to become a patsy and if they still can't find anyone then Carver will get the gig permanently.

Has a caretaker manager ever been successful once appointed as manager?  It all went very quickly wrong for Roeder and Dinnis.  Usually there is the initial positive impact because the manager has been sacked but that is not the case here.

Has a caretaker manager ever been successful once appointed as manager?  It all went very quickly wrong for Roeder and Dinnis.  Usually there is the initial positive impact because the manager has been sacked but that is not the case here.

Charver hasn't been appointed manager full time at this point. He's still a caretaker officially despite his grovelling thanks to the hierarchy.

:smitten:

http://www.onelittlevoice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Chris-Hughton.jpg

Charver hasn't been appointed manager full time at this point. He's still a caretaker officially despite his grovelling thanks to the hierarchy.

If there is one positive to their shitty nature it's that they're likely just stringing him along with talk of possible permanent employment and we're in no real danger of it.

Except they have said they expect him to get top 10. If he does he won't be going anywhere. If he comes close say 13th I think they will stick with him. Sign him up to a new tighter 'head coach' contract and if he's a disaster terminate him for minimum compo, write another season off etc.

The club is in a state of permanent stasis. When was the last time they did anything right, like seriously on a big scale?

If there is one positive to their shitty nature it's that they're likely just stringing him along with talk of possible permanent employment and we're in no real danger of it.

Based on what? Even when we appointed Keegan it was when he was on his knees and then when he got ideas above his station he was forced to leave. Charver is far more compliant so may well be ideal as Pardew's PR replacement.

Based on what? Even when we appointed Keegan it was when he was on his knees and then when he got ideas above his station he was forced to leave. Charver is far more compliant so may well be ideal as Pardew's PR replacement.

Based on hope, you miserable turd. :lol:

edit: also they lie to everyone, all the time, so why not lie to Carver?

Except they have said they expect him to get top 10. If he does he won't be going anywhere. If he comes close say 13th I think they will stick with him. Sign him up to a new tighter 'head coach' contract and if he's a disaster terminate him for minimum compo, write another season off etc.

The club is in a state of permanent stasis. When was the last time they did anything right, like seriously on a big scale?

:lol: might as well keep going with it. "If he gets close to getting close to getting top 10, I think they'll keep him."

All just a whole lot of speculation built on more speculation that only serves to get people worked up.

"Impressed" with Charver so far according to the Chronicle. I know we have low standards but that is a pretty poor statement to make.

What is there to be impressed with? Losing the lead 3 times against Burnley at home? Losing two out of his three games at the healm.

Fuckin white wash. If people continue to attend games after this then there's really no hope for us.

:lol: might as well keep going with it. "If he gets close to getting close to getting top 10, I think they'll keep him."

All just a whole lot of speculation built on more speculation that only serves to get people worked up.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Admittedly I think it's quite easy to forecast what's going to happen but I'm no less doomed.  :lol:

3 things could potentially happen.

1. Carver gets the gig full time

2. Club is for sale and Ashley doesn't want to tie the new owners into a manager they dont want (highly unlikely)

3. The club have sorted a new manager but cant or wont sign him until the new season.

Hope you have all been listening to Colin Murray this morning on TalkSport. Very good again :thup:

He really gets us doesn't he?

Bang on the money these last few month.

Did you hear the bit earlier in the programme when they were talking about Lance Armstrong and a book that he has been heavily influenced by.  Des Kelly listed some of the principles.  I think Ashley must have read the same book as it was a pretty accurate description of how we are being run.

"Impressed" with Charver so far according to the Chronicle. I know we have low standards but that is a pretty poor statement to make.

Really?

I hope we get humiliated every game the remainder of the way, and just manage to eek out a few very unimpressive wins to keep us up.

Stupid idiots.

Got a 2 day assessment centre for a job, just found out it's 4th-5th March and in Lincoln so I'll miss the Man Utd game. Most seasons previous I'd have been pretty pissed off about this kind of turn of events which typically hapen to me. Now I'm just thinking it's less expense, hassle and sitting in the cold watching them put shitloads of goals past us. Club wants to write off the rest of the season? fine- so can I.

Apart from the s/t money which admittedly they already have.

Just for those in any doubt how our transfer policy works Douglas clarified it further on Total Sport tonight. The most striking point being if they sell player A then they will require the new head coach to be patient until they replace him. This patience which LC spoke of in his statement last week could take 3 transfer windows or more until the club get the right deal.  Imagine KK selling Andy Cole and standing on the steps saying telling us we are replacing him with Les Ferdinand but not for another 18 months as £6m for a player of his age isn't the right deal for the club :lol:

Just for those in any doubt how our transfer policy works Douglas clarified it further on Total Sport tonight. The most striking point being if they sell player A then they will require the new head coach to be patient until they replace him. This patience which LC spoke of in his statement last week could take 3 transfer windows or more until the club get the right deal.  Imagine KK selling Andy Cole and standing on the steps saying telling us we are replacing him with Les Ferdinand but not for another 18 months as £6m for a player of his age isn't the right deal for the club :lol:

Have that many hardcore fans really walked out on the club  :sad:

Absolutely galling man