Lee Charnley

Dave

He's a fucking patsy like the rest of them. He's got the owner to splash out what he dragged in earlier in the year. Nobody has any intention of real investment, which the £130 mill or whatever the 2 years TV money add up to, would provide. So we're still a shoestring budget club despite having a hefty wadge from Sky, and people want to be happy about that?

Fuck that.

To be fair you can only judge him on this window in terms of his recruitment, there's no no dening that he has done well.

He's got some promising players on the cheap and done it all relatively early in the window. I'm all for hating the regime, but the guy has done well in his current post so far.

He just needs to convince Ashley to get rid of Pardew and maybe sell up!

Although he is no doubt complicit in proceedings (as he would lose his job if not) surely he has done quite well to sign 7 players? I can't remember a window when we signed so many before. Charnley is not the problem - it is his boss who has seemingly only given him funds from player sales to reinvest.

Giving him credit also stems from this idea that football transfers are so incredibly difficult to conduct. They're really not, as evidenced by the amount that are done every year, by every club in the world. The concept of giving some background money man kudos for something really tough didn't exist until this mob rocked up.

It's a line they peddle when they're not at risk of impending doom and therefore don't want to spend any money, and some people are daft enough to fall for it.

We had to invest for sure, but I still can't believe that if Kinnear was still involved we would have signed all the players we have. For that I am simply relieved.

Me too. Chucky could be anything but we have made good signings with Cabella, De Jong and Janmaat. JFK would no doubt have ballsed these up.

Giving him credit also stems from this idea that football transfers are so incredibly difficult to conduct. They're really not, as evidenced by the amount that are done every year, by every club in the world. The concept of giving some background money man kudos for something really tough didn't exist until this mob rocked up.

It's a line they peddle when they're not at risk of impending doom and therefore don't want to spend any money, and some people are daft enough to fall for it.

We are signing good players by the sounds of it. I doubt many would collectively swap our new signings for those from most other clubs this summer.

We are signing good players by the sounds of it. I doubt many would collectively swap our new signings for those from most other clubs this summer.

Most other clubs hadn't neglected their squad like we had.

This is why they find it so easy to sell players in January, because after five months getting battered every week, they can sign in summer instead and everyone queues up to wank them off, like they've done us a favour.

Like giving credit to someone for doing a big shop after they've let the kids starve for a month.

On the "good players" point, aye ok, let's see how good they are after a year with the cunt. If they're anything like Moussa Sissoko, most people will say they're shit.

This is why they find it so easy to sell players in January, because after five months getting battered every week, they can sign in summer instead and everyone queues up to w*** them off, like they've done us a favour.

Like giving credit to someone for doing a big shop after they've let the kids starve for a month.

On the "good players" point, aye ok, let's see how good they are after a year with the c***. If they're anything like Moussa Sissoko, most people will say they're s***.

:lol:

It's definitely a messed up situation.

I'm just relieved, because even though we had to buy this summer. I still didn't necessarily trust them to.

Definitely not a cause for celebrating them that's for sure.

This is why they find it so easy to sell players in January, because after five months getting battered every week, they can sign in summer instead and everyone queues up to wank them off, like they've done us a favour.

Like giving credit to someone doing a big shop after they've let the kids starve for a month.

On the "good players" point, aye ok, let's see how good they are after a year with the cunt. If they're anything like Moussa Sissoko, most people will say they're shit.

All this is about Ashley and Pardew though. The person we're talking about is the one who goes in and gets the best price he can for our targets based on the finances allocated.

As none of us have any idea what the f*** he's actually done on a day to day basis since joining the club, I fail to see how we can pass judgement.

I haven't got a clue what my wife does on a daily basis, I still know she's a shit wife.

We actually signed a replacement before selling Debuchy, and have brought 7 in so far that all have potential. Its a good start and no matter what you think about the fuckers at least we are trying to fix our attacking issues. We need a few more bit the squad is looking decent with a few young players coming in, although Pardcunt will ruin them all

As none of us have any idea what the f*** he's actually done on a day to day basis since joining the club, I fail to see how we can pass judgement.

I haven't got a clue what my wife does on a daily basis, I still know she's a s*** wife.

:lol:

So we're to applaud a guy whose only remit was to be better and more sensical as a general human being than JFK because he succeeded in doing so? I really think the tea lady would have done a better job than JFK.

I don't commend people for doing what they are supposed to do. It's his job to run the club and get deals done. He's got some deals done, cool. He still has a shit ton of work to do to repair any faith we have in the club. He needs to get a new sponsor who pays the going rate, convince Mike Ashley to actually spend the money this club makes, he needs to negotiate a better kit deal, he needs to keep players here who are good, he needs to not just sell players for shit fees. He has a lot to do. Fucking applauding someone for doing what they are supposed to do is small time mentality.

If he personally worked on getting Pardew sacked, brought in a new top manager, fixed the shit PR, convinced Mike Ashley to spend some fucking cash, got us a new kit deal or a sponsor worthy of being associated with Newcastle United then sure, I'll tell him job well done.

He's not done the above yet so not getting an ounce of credit from me.