Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speaking of Vardy, anyone see the altercation between him Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier when he was about to take the pen he missed? Moment he came on, Rose and Trippier ran up to him. Dunno if it got picked up anywhere or if they have previous.

Guest reefatoon

You just know for a fact that Ashley the thick cunt will be getting all his diabolical ideas about how to run the club by that little scrote Wise. You can just see the little twat telling him not to bother trying to keep Benitez, doing his best to fuck us up for the shits and giggles.

Guest godzilla

You just know for a fact that Ashley the thick c*** will be getting all his diabolical ideas about how to run the club by that little scrote Wise. You can just see the little t*** telling him not to bother trying to keep Benitez, doing his best to f*** us up for the s***s and giggles.

Rafas probably seen that photo and though fucking hell ge me out of here. Honestly Ashley is just an absolute prick and I'm certain he will be over the moon he is beng seen with Wise.

I have no problem with the club wanting to sign young players with resale value because most clubs have this strategy with clubs like Spurs and Dortmund having great success with this. However, there simply has to be flexibility especially when you look how well Rondon has done this with 8 goals and 5 assists that should be an easy deal because it makes football sense. Benitez has even said himself he has no problem working with young players, but they need to be his players and not shoving signings in his direction. We tried that with Thauvin under McClaren and it was a disaster. Thauvin is a very good player, but you are never going to get the full potential of a young player if he doesn't fit in with how the manager wants to play.

I don't believe Ashley wants to follow the Arsenal model under Wenger if he did then he should have no problem listening to Benitez's ideas regarding the academy. If Ashley wants to sign young players around the globe then you have to put money into the scouting system and pay the money required to sign the best young talent. I remember when we wanted to sign Aubameyang and Lacazette, but we wouldn't pay the money for them so they went elsewhere and have went on to be sold for big money. You can players like Perez for a bargain, but its rare these days such deals turn out to be a big success. If Ashley wants to follow the Arsenal model then fine, but its never going to work if Benitez or any other manager have a say on who they sign.

Surely Ashley wanting cheaper, more-sellable young players goes hand-in-hand with improving the academy - which can cheaply provides young players?

Aye but if you buy promising talent, with a reputation in another country, your resale options are greater than signing billy Caldwell from Bedlington.

Surely Ashley wanting cheaper, more-sellable young players goes hand-in-hand with improving the academy - which can cheaply provides young players?

Aye but if you buy promising talent, with a reputation in another country, your resale options are greater than signing billy Caldwell from Bedlington.

Well his greatest transfer success came from our academy - Andy Carroll. And he's probably dreaming of the day Sean Longstaff gets sold.

That would be the ultimate project for Rafa though. Not just buying average to good players and making them better, but actually developing youngsters from early stages.

Ajax used to have an amazing academy where senior players would leave and be replaced by younger lads who knew exactly what the football system was and what piece on the chess board they were.

Think that article is mostly bollocks though. There’s no new information in there, just assumptions off his previous form.

I think he’s very aware that his investment will be fucked without Rafa. It’ll be right into June before we know what will happen.