Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Apparently they want to sign Nicolas Pepe and Werner as well. There is going to be some pace in that attack if they sign those players.

I seem to remember years ago like with Aubameyang and Lacazette we didn't want to sign Pepe for £20 million because he was too expensive, but could now be sold by Lille for £70 million.  :lol:

Apparently they want to sign Nicolas Pepe and Werner as well. There is going to be some pace in that attack if they sign those players.

I seem to remember years ago like with Aubameyang and Lacazette we didn't want to sign Pepe for £20 million because he was too expensive, but could now be sold by Lille for £70 million.  :lol:

Aye the list of players Graham Carr advised us to get at a fraction of their now worth is scary when you look back.

Even Thauvin has gone on to be worth a crazy amount now.

Graham Carr could have made the club hundreds of millions with those 3 Lacazette, Aubameyang, Pepe.

Which could have generated the club the amount of money to be able to consistently challenge to be the best of the rest for years and potentially put the club on a financial footing to challenge the Top 6.

I think people underestimate the importance of the money we made on the two main Graham Carr signings of Wijnaldum and Sissoko.

The money we made from those two gave the club a lifeline to be able to have the financial footing to come back up.

Has a Premier League club ever gone down and been able to make the amount we were able to for assets Graham Carr gave us in Wijnaldum and Sissoko?

I remember when he advised the club to buy Van Dijk from Groningen then Celtic ended up picking him up for £2.6million.

And that Pepe deal was cheap too Graham Carr advised us to pay the £7million for him from Angers instead Lille picked him up for the £7million and he is now worth £70million :lol:

I didn't know Pepe was available for as low as £7 million when in Angers I thought they wanted £20 million. I don't the mind the club wanting to buy young talent, but you really have to push the boat out to make it successful.

It's just interesting to me as Chinese money being invested outside of China is looked very badly upon these days. but i guess since its a public company and not state owned...

Leicester are one of five Premier League clubs showing an interest in Fulham strikerAleksandar Mitrovic, according to the Leicester Mercury.

With Shinji Okazaki set to leave at the end of his contract and Islam Slimani out of favour, Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers wants competition in attack for Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho.

Spurs, West Ham, Everton and Southampton are also reportedly on the trail of Mitrovic following Fulham's relegation to the Championship.

• 3 weeks later...

Man Utd fans should be delighted with that news.  They wont.

I would sell him and pay Herrera what he wants and then sign a CB and RB with the funds.

I would be expecting £120-150m for Pogba off Real Madrid.

It's funny that people want to sign Pogba. He's good and all, but surely there are similar players without so much risk attached.

Agree, Zidane seems to like him though and I guess he'll make back what he cost in marketing, etc.