Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Honestly think most people have based these views of the decisions based on it being Mike Dean making them. He completely f***ed us over against Wolves, but I don't think there was a great deal wrong to complain about on Saturday.

Even the 3 neutrals on Goals on Sunday (one of them Darren Bent) said NUFC were hard done by on Saturday.

Hard done by, probably, but not to the level that people are going on about it on here. Just read some of the posts following yours.

We were hard done by no doubt about it. The pen that they got you rarely see given this season, by the same token we could have had 2 pens but they would both have been softish as well imo. Also they should have had a player sent off if the referee really wanted to enforce the letter of the law. The blatant back pass was another bad decision. All fairly marginal which can go either way (except the back pass which was obvious) but every single one of them went against us. Anyway it's done now and we ended up coming away with another crucial point.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly the state of officiating in this country has gone downhill massively these last few years, seems like every weekend there are several awful decisions in multiple games atm.

Clearly a wrong decision, but you could see how it happened. In real time, it didn't look offside because the attacker was moving away from the goal at the same time as the defender was moving towards it, and they crossed before he headed the ball. With the linesman unsighted by another player, the problem was compounded.

Yes, it was a decision that VAR could have comfortably reversed, but if Cardiff go down, one thing I won't miss is Neil Warnock and his self-righteous rants.

I can only come to the conclusion that some of the dreadful decisions this season are deliberate so we all think VAR is a step forward.  Not sure why warnock is calling for it tho, it’s not going to be in the championship

Mike Dean makes 100 Reds, surprised we are not top of his list.  I never knew this little fact either -18 years after his first Premier League dismissal (Nolberto Solano of Newcastle).

Teams Dean has shown most red cards to

Teams                     Red cards

Chelsea                       9

Manchester City               9

Newcastle United       7

Arsenal                       6

Stoke City                       5

Tottenham                       5

West Brom               5

Birmingham               4

Charlton                       4

Manchester United     4

Sunderland             4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47795794

That first page is so spookily correct  :lol:

Aye spooky the same Mike Dean didn’t give David Luiz a Red for being last man against us or suggest Pickford should be sent off(Mike Dean was 4th official). YET he gave Yedlin a Red against us for it :icon_scratch:

Spooky the same Mike Dean who gave a penalty against us/Fernandez in his last match for much less than what Bennett did to Lukaku in the box last night AND much less than what Boly did to the jaw of Perez in the box.

Spooky more like corrupt when you actually compare :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think we should mention when refs have particularly good matches and I thought Stuart Atwell was pretty much spot on with all of the big calls today, both fortunately and unfortunately.

I think we should mention when refs have particularly good matches and I thought Stuart Atwell was pretty much spot on with all of the big calls today, both fortunately and unfortunately.

Yeah, was going to mention this. First time this season though.

:thup: yep

Guest neesy111

What about the blatent foul on Almiron that led to the pen ffs, clear as day.

Every fucking game man just about.

Wasn't blatant at all, the palace player gets to the ball.