Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not sure why some people were ruling out the possibility they could go up. They were only 9 points from the top of the league before beating Wycombe now they are only 6 points off the top with a game in hand.

Its a tight league, its a s*** league and they might just peak at the right time.

Finally got round to watching Sunderland Til I Die. Fuck it's horrendous. It's probably done more damage to the image of the town and it's inhabitants that the Wearside Jack saga.

Why did Chris Coleman constantly wear a black armband too?

Lafferty reckons Sunderland is the biggest club he's played for in England and his time at Ibrox will help him settle with he Black Cats.

Speaking after confirming his move to the Stadium of Light, Laff said: "Rangers is probably one of the biggest clubs in the world and Sunderland is right up there as well; the fanbase, the size and structure of the club is equal to Rangers”

Guest Howaythetoon

Well I had my little man there tonight at the academy for the first time and he loved it, he was a little nervous to start with but his old team-mate goes so when he seen him he was buzzing. And I have to say the staff were great with us both, especially my boy. I had my Newcastle bobble hat on and my boy had his retro Toon kit on so there was some canny gentle mickey taking, but again they were amazing from the security to the coaches and the under 21/none senior groups.

The facilities are superb and we got shown around and even met some first team players, I wouldn’t have a clue who they were mind sorry :lol: It was boring for us parents as we can’t watch them at this age (6), but we were allowed to watch their under 10s play in the big ‘barn’ as they call it and man, seriously, my son has a long way to go and there is some amazing talent in the N.E.

I was massively impressed by the standard and the coaches, all young lads themselves and just the whole experience. My son again loved it and I thought it was a couple of weeks thing, but it’s not, it ends when they break up at school for the summer hols. I’m confident he’ll be kept on, but it’s up to him, the standard is high, but they aren’t looking for world-beaters and they want to develop each kid the same along the same ideals and principles.

Anyway... my (already) little superstar (to me)  :smitten:

6-D916090-2268-4-FAE-9-BDA-E61310-C3-F9-DD.jpg

729-D31-DC-39-C0-41-AF-9086-604-ECFA6-CCB0.jpg

6-BC4-F7-A9-7-F24-448-F-B77-B-3-ED7995-E7118.jpg

Adamo 7, remember the name  O0

As an aside, there are lots of kids there who are also at NUFC and Boro and pretty much everyone I’ve spoken to said SAFC is the best, NUFC is the worst and when it comes to the time they will have to choose, even the staunchest of a Geordies/Black & White’s pretty much said they’d pick SAFC any day of the week. That breaks my heart I won’t lie, and it’s not about facilities either, it’s about how they are with the kids, with parents, how the coaches are, what they do, and what they are all about. NUFC can spend millions on facilities, but you can’t just buy top people and NUFC will always have to buy top players as a result, because any top player we do produce, will not be by design...

Proud dad moment for me at least and it’s all my boy’s own doing, it’s his hard work, it’s his love of playing and learning, it’s his dream and there’s nowt he can’t achieve if he puts the effort and love in as he’s done since he first started kicking a ball about seriously over a year ago thanks to the WC in Russia. :thup: