Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace - 21/12/19

Disco

We're clearly riding some luck and Dubravka is having a very good spell. Can't see the luck in particular lasting.

I don't hate Bruce but also have no interest in watching any interviews with him. Soft spot for a fair few of the players (utterly pumped for Miggy  :lol:) so find it hard to turn off completely or celebrate losses.

Had we had this exact performance and result under Rafa everyone would be saying how much of a genius he is and you all know its 100% true.

I still dislike Bruce, understand ultimately hes a shite manager and we are going nowhere under him but I'm not going to pretend that the football was any better for large parts of last season either.

Somehow, and I dont understand how, the team are playing for him and he is picking up results, I don't expect it to last but we are doing extremely well on paper.

Lies. All. Lies.

What happens on the pitch isn’t really relevant to the Bruce discussion. The main point is that he’s a symbol of a pointless football club.

I take your point. But if he was underachieving (in terms of results/points) by as much as he’s overachieving at the moment, I’m not sure anyone would be saying that?