Newcastle United 1-0 Crystal Palace - 21/12/19

Disco

It's absolutely no different to many games last season mind.

Keep telling yourself that buddy :lol:

It was broadly the same IMO. But last year there was faith that there was a season long plan.

I miss Rafa as much as the next man, and trust me I "get it" but the football is a mirror image of the first half of last season, only with more points on the board, we didn't look remotely exciting to watch until the second half of the season.

I disagree completely.

Early last season we still didn't look so incompetent and unconvincing. We defended a lot more but at least looked convincing doing that.

In any case Bruce inherited the team from the end of last season swapping in Joelinton and Saint-Maximin  for Perez and Rondon. It's one thingto miss the goals the previous pairing had, but another to now not be able to pass the ball at all.

We are so terrible now it's a joke.

We were shite at the start of last season like, no amount of love for Rafa can change that. We had a spell before Christmas where the football was as bad as its been this season - Perez was getting booed, Rondon wasn't firing, Atsu was shite, the midfield couldn't pass water, there was a growing chunk of our fanbase who wanted Rafa out. We didn't really play well until January when Almiron came in and Longstaff forced his way into the side. None of that is really relevant to current performances and doest excuse Bruce's football as these good results are likely a short term thing, but it's untrue to pretend we were always brilliant under Rafa.