Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Already sick of players not quickly pinging a ball over when he makes a run in behind.

it's an odd one now, though he's not the best midfielder for the team as a whole i'd say that shelvey would likely be the best midfielder to play with almiron by a mile

To me he looked like the only player who had any idea what to do in West Ham's half yesterday.

West Ham were better than us, we were shit. Almirón was probably the least shit and there is only so much you can do against such a solid defence when it doesn't work for the rest of the team.

Guest chopey

The two West Ham central defenders nullified Rondon so he had no knock downs to run on to and Perez had an off day, Richie was to busy defending to help him out so basically he had no service and when he did there were no runners to pass to

Guest covmag

He’s had 3 fucking games and already some have the knives out ffs.

He’s had 2 outstanding games, he’s a 20m player which is a very average footballer price in truth but some seem to want Messi for that money  :idiot2:

He’s had 2 outstanding games, he’s a 20m player which is a very average footballer price in truth but some seem to want Messi for that money  :idiot2:

i think anyone that isn't a raging fuckwit can see right from the off that any issues with almiron currently stem from our ability to get him involved in the right ways/areas...he seems to have the pace and attributes to be a success

Haven't bothered looking, but if true some of our fans are even thicker than I give them credit for.

Edit: had a look...is it just James?  :lol:

Am I missing something?  I don’t think he was even that bad yesterday, they’re just a better team than us and he (alongside Diame was our best player) struggled to make an impact.  He was always trying something though.

Guest covmag

Am I missing something?  I don’t think he was even that bad yesterday, they’re just a better team than us and he (alongside Diame was our best player) struggled to make an impact.  He was always trying something though.

The whole team struggled, just take it on the chin and beat the teams around us, that’s our level in truth.

However I thought we had something after the last 2 games because we were so dominant that we could go to the likes of West Ham and win.In truth we are well behind teams in the top half.we conceded 2 defendable goals and didn’t get steamrollered, the only plus in truth.This defending at the far post leads to nearly all our goals conceded and needs sorting out.

Shows how much work there is left to do on the squad that the same team was played yesterday despite the obvious fatigue of a number of players, and that putting Ritchie at right wing and bringing atsu on were the attacking changes to chase the game. We've got the bones of a half decent team, but need to upgrade a few first team positions and the back up. Only thing is £10m isn't enough to spend on attacking back up players these days, as Murphy and Muti shows. Not writing them off, but they mustn't have made enough of an impact to get in the team.

Guest alijmitchell

His positioning movement and decision making was poor yesterday especially in the first half.

When West Ham has us under pressure trying to get the second goal they were pressing Schar and Lejeune and Longstaff which left responsibility to Hayden and Lascelles to get the ball out.

However on occasion when trying to regain control of the posession they needed a short option towards the edge of our third. Almiron was one second there, the next he was already bursting forward, forcing Hayden and Lascelles to make riskier more speculative passes. Ultimately that failure to end West Ham’s dominance was down to Almiron’s decision making which in turn indirectly led to the second goal.

I’m sure he’ll improve this under Rafa’s tutelage, but if he doesn’t there is going to be a problem.

What the fuck is this utter shite.

Goal 1 - poor marking

Goal 2 - central defender making a sliding challenge in the box

Aye okay, Almiron's fault

His positioning movement and decision making was poor yesterday especially in the first half.

When West Ham has us under pressure trying to get the second goal they were pressing Schar and Lejeune and Longstaff which left responsibility to Hayden and Lascelles to get the ball out.

However on occasion when trying to regain control of the posession they needed a short option towards the edge of our third. Almiron was one second there, the next he was already bursting forward, forcing Hayden and Lascelles to make riskier more speculative passes. Ultimately that failure to end West Ham’s dominance was down to Almiron’s decision making which in turn indirectly led to the second goal.

I’m sure he’ll improve this under Rafa’s tutelage, but if he doesn’t there is going to be a problem.

g81RUeD.jpg

Is "bore off" still a thing?

Guest covmag

Seems to get ignored a lot when wanting the return pass, saw Ritchie a few times check his run and then pass it backwards.

Not noticed it tbf, however it’s been mentioned in all his games so it seems a Ritchie problem.Difficult to sort as it seems a habit Ritchie has got into rather than malice.

Seems to get ignored a lot when wanting the return pass, saw Ritchie a few times check his run and then pass it backwards.

The thing is he wants the ball all the time, which in itself is a great thing but other players have to exercise their better judgement if they don't feel it's right to pass to him in certain situations. If Almiron got the ball every time he wanted the ball he'd have 1000 touches every match.

He has literally played 4 games after coming from a much weaker league, he will need time to adapt and get used to this league but he is a much better option than anyone else in our team, no need to pass judgments on him now, keep it till next season.

His thinking seems really quick and he's 5 seconds ahead of Perez.  That miss by Perez early in the second half against West Ham just sums him up. Give him time to think and he's stuffed.  I would like to see Almirion playing as a number 10 off Rondon with an extra attacking midfield player for support.

Although he's been utter shite this season I actually think Kenedy at left wing back rather than Ritchie would benefit Almiron - Ritchie's instinct is to go down the line and cross the ball in. If you watch the games again, the times when Ritchie ignores Almiron are when he's asking for the ball down the line, where Ritchie himself wants to end up. Kenedy is more comfortable coming inside onto his 'weaker' foot and makes less linear, formulaic runs, so that flexibility of movement would probably see Almiron getting the ball more.

Having said all that, Rafa might want Ritchie to make those down the lines runs, in which case Almiron needs to find space elsewhere which will come in time.