Nabil Bentaleb

joeyt

Reports on FB that Bentaleb flicked the V's at visiting fans today as he left the field. Can anyone confirm?

If he's done that then it's obviously because he was getting grief from the travelling fans. I swear we are turning into Sunderland. :lol:

Must say i was really not impressed with him when he was playing for Tottenham, surprised when i heard he became a really good player for Schalke but now seeing him again he's the same player i originally thought he was, he's a very basic midfielder and doesn't have much about him.

He’s not very good at all really. And he’s ahead of Matty and Hayden?

Seems like pure stubbornness from Steve Bruce not wanting to admit that he got it wrong with his loan signings.

I doubt HE got it wrong tbf. He probably knew as much about our January signings as he did our summer ones. The difference is, he's desperate to chuck in new players without having any idea what they bring to the table. Compare that to Rafa who would take months before introducing a new player unless they were onboard with how the team operated.

Bruce doesn't really know what his style is so he just chucks players in and sees what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

He seems to be getting a lot of grief from his performances, especially after last night. I quite like him though, he looks promising.

He’s made a lot of errors and clearly isn’t match fit or back to the speed of the English game yet but positionally he looks good and he wants to keep the ball moving rather than it getting bogged down.

More to the point I don’t think he’s as shit as people are making out and he might turn out to be a decent signing.

He's only been here 2 minutes and he's playing under the worst manager in the league. Give him a bit of time FFS!

You don't do well in the German top division if you're a shite player - we're far too quick to jump on players here. He's clearly being hoyed into the centre with no direction at all and we're expecting him to rip up trees. Diame was given dogs' abuse before he turned into a colossus under Rafa, he was well and truly written off as a pile of shite. I'm not suggesting Bentaleb will do the same because Bruce is a far cry from Rafa, but we just never seem to learn the lesson about the pitfalls of writing players off too early.

Might also be worth reading the Manquillo thread right now if you need another example.

Looks like a player who is devoid of confidence having played little to no football in a year. Wouldn't be playing if Bruce wasn't scared of getting told off for playing Longstaff.

Looks like a player who is devoid of confidence having played little to no football in a year.

Thats what happens when the clubs policy is to sign cheap; end up with crocks like Carroll or players like Bentaleb who havent played in months before of discipline issues. Was anyone else trying to sign him in January?