Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He should have been playing centre half since about October once it was clear he could do a decent job there. He was for a while then for some reason he was out again and back to LB while we fucked Santon off.

He's been better at CB & FB than MYM ever was for us if we are to be honest.

Get outta here with that. Not at CB anyway, at FB maybe. Not knocking how much progress Dummett has made, don't gemme wrong. He's come leaps and bounds.

Nah, unequivocally incorrect.

If we're being honest here you should check Cabella's height.

I agree with this, in terms of consistency. MYM had far more potential though, and would have allowed us to play a more continental style if we had any ambition of doing so.

Dummett needs to add an offensive element to his game in order to play at a left back.  I don't doubt his defensive capabilities for a second, he is a very sound defender, but you cannot play at full back without being able to contribute to a least one of possession, playmaking, assists etc.  So if I were Dummett, I'd spend the whole summer practicing crossing a ball from deep.  If he had the capacity to cross a ball effectively, I'd be more than happy to have him as first choice.

As I said 6 months ago, he's already the best in the squad at 'defending'. But ultimately he's not good enough on the ball to be a left back, although he's Tony Pulis' wet dream at the position.

Would definitely keep him as back up centre half, if the funds are available, never thought I'd say this but he starts ahead of Willo, Taylor and Sackless Colo for me. We need to scrap the idea he's any sort of LB though.

Watch him play left back last game with willo and colo in the middle :lol:

You just know it is going to happen.

I want to see Williamson up front. See how he likes receiving 800 long balls a game and not being able to just head it back the way it came. I want him to cry and beg to be subbed. Then I want to see HBA watching this on TV and seeing a grin start to form on his face. Then the centre circle falls away to become a cavernous entrance to hell and he starts to melt into the hole, screaming, as thousands of footballs are cannoned into his degenerating body at 100s of miles an hour, kicked by (more) evil clones of himself. The centre circle goes back to normal and Carver brings Armstrong on for the last 9 minutes and tells everyone not to pass to him.

• 1 month later...