Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He's shite, constantly had Colo or Anita covering him because he was constantly out of position. Always gets caught out when he does go forward because he has absolutely no pace to get back, that also effects him defensively because he can't keep up with any winger. He has two options everytime he has the ball; pass back to keeper or hoof it up the line. He's fucking shite and I genuinely hate him. Haidara is a better LB and should have been starting but this once again just highlights how inept Pardew is. Never stays on his feet when he should and always goes for the slide which just makes him look like an absolute mug like Nasri proved today. He's a liability in the side and I'd love to see him shipped to League Two where the useless cunt belongs.

I think I can live with an adequate LB, like. At least until Santon gets back.

Dummett is more solid defensively but overall Haidara is better. Hopefully we only used Dummett today because the opposition was Man City.

Dummett is more solid defensively but overall Haidara is better. Hopefully we only used Dummett today because the opposition was Man City.

He's not though, its like when Raylor was LB, always has to have another player babysitting him because he's too shit to play his own position.

:lol: Bizarre time to say it. He didn't set the world on fire today but his performance was totally adequate.

The trouble is he never exceeds that level.

Neither does Haidara, or Santon about 5 or 6 times out of 10. Dummett's arguably the best defender out of the three, even if he's easily the worst with the ball and going forwards.

Going forward he is guaranteed to lose the ball. Every time. He made one good defensive challenge today that I can remember and he caused that situation by losing it. If Haidara isn't better defensively, which I don't agree with, he at least would lose it less often and hence wouldn't have to defend as much as Dummet does. Send him out on loan when Santon's back.

You know a player is bad on the ball when they make Mike Williamson look composed.

Pardew's wet dream of a player. Won't try anything risky just hoofs it aimlessly. He's so shit, makes me so angry  :lol:

The guy done nothing today, literally nothing. Colo was having to come along and sweep everything away in the first half, in the 2nd half Colback dropped deeper than he should in order to cover him. All our players did his job except for him.

I'm quite confused at how many people seem to think Haidara's better because Dummett's only 'average' like. :lol:

He's better technically and physically and actually has potential but neither are good defenders at this point.

Until proven otherwise Santon is by far the best LB at the club.

I'm quite confused at how many people seem to think Haidara's better because Dummett's only 'average' like. :lol:

It's the thing that does my head in the most on this forum.

Santon's form was patchy and he's not pulled on a Newcastle shirt for five months or so, whilst Dummett has posted some decent, some shocking, some poor, but mostly adequate, just-par displays. And the sum of this is people lauding Haidara as some sort of left-back saviour, despite him showing absolutely nowt in our shirt. I could have put some canny crosses in versus 9 knackared Stoke players for frigs sake.

Dummett did okay today, 'senior pros' Gouffran and Sissoko were far worse than him and once again, he's being dug out and called shite whilst everyone nails their colours to the Good Ship Haidara despite very little evidence to suggest he'll make it.

Guest firetotheworks

He looks to be a very safety first, if in doubt, pass backwards, all graft, bang average, no real talent left back. He played alright, but I'd still play Haidara ahead of him because

1. He's a better footballer

That's it.

Haidara is a better footballer, but he doesn't seem to be able to defend whatsoever and for that reason I wouldn't want him in the team. He's absolutely crying out for a season in the Championship.

Watching Dummett and Haidara, it's pretty clear Haidara has more about him. Dummett may be the more consistent defender at this point, but I have no doubt Haidara will be the better fullback, if given the chance.

It's the thing that does my head in the most on this forum.

Santon's form was patchy and he's not pulled on a Newcastle shirt for five months or so, whilst Dummett has posted some decent, some shocking, some poor, but mostly adequate, just-par displays. And the sum of this is people lauding Haidara as some sort of left-back saviour, despite him showing absolutely nowt in our shirt. I could have put some canny crosses in versus 9 knackared Stoke players for frigs sake.

Dummett did okay today, 'senior pros' Gouffran and Sissoko were far worse than him and once again, he's being dug out and called shite whilst everyone nails their colours to the Good Ship Haidara despite very little evidence to suggest he'll make it.

:thup:

No one is saying Haidara is a LB saviour ffs :lol:

Love a bit of hyperbole to drive home a point though, it's just he's better than Dummett and they are all we have at the moment.

Dummett has nothing, at least Haidara has shown flashes of ability, physical traits and pace in his limited game time.

I'd rather invest in said potential while Santon is out than play the Taylor of CBs who offers sod all.

He's far better at going forward and contributing to an attacking philosophy. If his sole remit was to sit back and defend he could probably do that as well but that's not the reason he was brought here I suspect.

If investing in potential is going to cost us goals down that side I'd rather not.

Well, given that I want Pardew out ASAP, I'd be happy for it to happen, but from the perspective of wanting us to win games, stick with the most solid defender till Santon gets back. Haidara should be out on loan the second that happens.

I'm quite confused why you have written off Haidara based on the little we've seen of him.

If his sole remit was to sit back and defend he could probably do that

I'd love to know what you're basing that on. Apart from one match in the Europa League, he's looked shaky as fuck defensively IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

That's bollocks tbf. People are nailing Dummett unfairly, but I don't see anyone 'lauding Haidera' unless you mean that you think that thinking Haidera would offer more than a player that has had 'some decent, some poor, but mostly adequate, just par displays' as lauding.

All three of our left backs are shite in their own way. Dummett's a better defender than Haidera but that's not to say that Dummett's good defensively, I personally just prefer Haidera because going forward he plays forward and I'll take any opportunity to watch attacking football in this shower of shit team setup.

I'm quite confused why you have written off Haidara based on the little we've seen of him.

I haven't. I've said in time with games on loan somewhere Haidara could be a good player.

If I had my way we'd get rid of Dummett, Haidara and Santon but that's not going to happen so I'd rather give Haidara his chance. Dummett's had his and is worse than shit, Santon is patchy as fuck can have some excellent games but can also be god awful. Haidara hasn't had a good chance in the side yet so we can't judge him yet.

I haven't. I've said in time with games on loan somewhere Haidara could be a good player.

Fair enough.