Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Guest Howaythetoon

A very limited footballer yet despite Santon clearly being a better footballer, Dummett seems somewhat more assured and more safe if you like, in defence and in attack.

I see no one wants to mentioned Elmo taking him apart a few times as well as his awful attempt of defending that almost cost us a goal in the first half. (Willo didn't help with his zero attempt to block a cross).

Below average game today, would like Haidara to have a few games.

Dummett has played two games and we've won both with a more than decent contribution from him, it should be his shirt to lose. It seems to me some people don't want to give Dummett a chance because they've got such hope/expectations of Haidara. I've seen nowt much from Haidara so far really, if anything I am more comfortable with Dummett in the team from what I've seen so far. I am not saying one is better than the other either, you can't drop Dummett for Haidara now though.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Both of our fullbacks got an assist today. Don't remember the last time it happened

Thought he had a good game tbh. Difficult job to be a full back these days as they have to be good at everything, anywhere else on the pitch players get let off because they aren't expected to be good at certain aspect of the game but a full back is rated by their defensive and offensive attributes.

He strikes me as someone who just lacks a little bit of self belief on the ball in open play. I think with more game time and confidence there could be a player there.

:thup:

My viewing of Saturday was that he maybe doesn't yet have the confidence to play his way out of trouble enough; he did it on a few occasions very well but often shifted it away from the player closing him down for the smash down the line.

He looks like a capable defender and has a good touch and cross IMO. I'd like to think we'd see the thwacking down the line decrease as he gets more games.

I think he's had a decent attempt at goal in almost every game he's played for us and seems like more of a threat than Santon; he seems to have that knack of popping up when there's a chance on that Santon lacks.

He needs lessons from Williamson. He took years to learn how to pass 5 yards, now does it alot better

What nonsense, man.

Oh bite me. You really are a douche, arent you? Nothing about you seems likeable at all. I picture a 70 year old man sitting on a porch with 15 cats surround him.

That was a tongue in cheek comment. I didnt think anyone would take that literally.

• 3 weeks later...

Very solid defensively again, IMO.

First half an hour he must have booted the ball down the line about ten times, and then seemed to cut it out after that. He's gradually finding his feet.