Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

In a better NUFC I think he would definitely have a place, the problem is we seem to need 2 CMs who are pretty much dedicated to defending. Or at least disciplined and mobile enough to not get caught out.

If Shelvey had Longstaff's engine he would be playing.

The crux of this is since we've got Lejeune and Schar who are both more than capable of playing a quality long pass or long ball, Shelvey is surplus to requirements and a luxury player. He doesn't bring anything else to the table. Push him further forward and you take away the one thing he can do.

If our first choice central defence included players like Dummett and Lascelles then there's an argument for him to play, but they're not, so there isn't.

Yup, as soon as Rafa switched to three at the back, Shevley became largely superfluous. I remember him spending a lot of the early season collecting the ball from the centre half's feet before hitting a long ball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Must be difficult to show restrain when someone is calling you bald cunt when you suffer from alopecia.

In all fairness he is a bald cunt and his response about telling the guy "go back to your council house peasant" proves it

I'd have lamped the baldy bastard for his arrogance alone

Must be difficult to show restrain when someone is calling you bald cunt when you suffer from alopecia.

In all fairness he is a bald cunt and his response about telling the guy "go back to your council house peasant" proves it

So after you had hurled insults at someone for having alopecia you would then get upset they insulted you back and lamp them for it. Seems like Colback logic.

Don't do yourself any favours do you.

Guest ManDoon

Must be difficult to show restrain when someone is calling you bald c*** when you suffer from alopecia.

Aye but what the fuck is he doing on pub crawl in morpeth?

"He is a lot different to Rafa," Shelvey told Sky Sports.

"With Rafa, you never knew what he was thinking. Personally, I would rather have someone who talks to you and you know what they are thinking."

"Steve has come in and changed the formation, and after two days we looked a lot more comfortable," Shelvey added. "I think we thoroughly deserved to win.

"When a new manager comes in training goes up a couple of notches and everyone is busy and looking to impress.

"He has made a massive difference. He is constantly talking to you and that is what you want."

What a complete dick Shelvey is. Slags off Rafa, claims Bruce has changed the formation although all he did was revert back to the way we played all last season under Rafa, and then claims Bruce has made a massive difference. Wanker.