Should Hearts sack Craig Thomson?

GM

Suspended

Only a few days too late, and only after a number of sponsors threatened to pull the plug on thier funding.  Again, a decision not based on morals but finance.

Its not like Hearts need the money as well.

Why not?

Would have been interesting to see if he would have been sacked if that charity hadn't kicked up a  stink.

Broader question - should anyone on the sex offenders register by employed at all?

Depends on the circumstances for me. Quite a big can of worms that one!

Well exactly, but I don't see how being a footballer should be something this lad is excluded from. Especially not for what he's done.

Would have been interesting to see if he would have been sacked if that charity hadn't kicked up a  stink.

Broader question - should anyone on the sex offenders register by employed at all?

Depends on the circumstances for me. Quite a big can of worms that one!

Well exactly, but I don't see how being a footballer should be something this lad is excluded from. Especially not for what he's done.

Of course, shouldn't have anything to do with it. If what that article about him says is true then he should be sacked.

I just think it's far better to give him a chance to move on from this and have a normal life. Sacking him just doubles his punishment and might lead to far more problems in his life than he really deserves.

The courts have handed out their punishment - seems like what Hearts are doing is more for convenience and to appease outsiders than for any reasons of justice or worries about his future conduct.

the defender pleaded guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards two under-age girls.

The 20-year-old, was fined £4,000 and placed on the sex offenders' register for five years

Now, Im not sure about the actual specifics of the crime (I'm wary of media bias given it was from the daily mail) but there could be an argument that stubbing a cigar out in someones eye, and going to prison is worse than what this guy has done.

the defender pleaded guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards two under-age girls.

The 20-year-old, was fined £4,000 and placed on the sex offenders' register for five years

Now, Im not sure about the actual specifics of the crime (I'm wary of media bias given it was from the daily mail) but there could be an argument that stubbing a cigar out in someones eye, and going to prison is worse than what this guy has done.

Did you post that listening to I'm the leader of the gang?

Dunno about that like. Barton's got some issues controlling his anger but that can be sorted out. This lad is a full on nonce pirate and as someone said before it's difficult if not impossible to fix that shit. Chop his bollocks off and give him a job in an old people's home, that's as safe as he's going to get.

I thought he should of been sacked too. Now he seems to have cleaned his act up however that could be argued in favour of not sacking both.

Dunno about that like. Barton's got some issues controlling his anger but that can be sorted out. This lad is a full on nonce pirate and as someone said before it's difficult if not impossible to fix that s***. Chop his bollocks off and give him a job in an old people's home, that's as safe as he's going to get.

The judges deemed Barton's acts to be deserving of a custodial sentence, but not Thompson's.

Like I say, not going to defend either of these people given that they are both footballers in the public eye doing awful things, but perhaps the tabloids have made the acts done seem worse relative to his sentence.

He sent pictures of his cock to a 12 year old girl. The tabloids cannot realy make that sound better or worse tbh.

I don't realy know what sentance he 'should' have been given, but i'm guessing his life will be made worse enough with this been leaked into the public.

He sent pictures of his cock to a 12 year old girl. The tabloids cannot realy make that sound better or worse tbh.

I don't realy know what sentance he 'should' have been given, but i'm guessing his life will be made worse enough with this been leaked into the public.

Think you'll find they can! If they couldn't make things sound worse/more sensational they wouldn't exist.

"Craig Thompson sent pictures of his FLACID penis, desguised as a FRIENDLY ant eater, to a 12 year old girl"http://memebase.com/wp-content/themes/vip/cheezcommon2/ragecomic/packs/laugh/images/Laughing.png

"Craig Thompson sent pictures of his ERECT penis, dressed as a MENACING pirate, to a 12 year old girl"http://memebase.com/wp-content/themes/vip/cheezcommon2/ragecomic/packs/scared/images/HeckNo.png

?

Hearts have sacked Craig Thomson. Apparently he's joining Falkirk, and Thomson's said he can't wait to play with the Bairns. They've given him a choice of shirt number and he's said anything under 15 is fine with him.

"Craig Thompson sent pictures of his FLACID penis, desguised as a FRIENDLY ant eater, to a 12 year old girl"http://memebase.com/wp-content/themes/vip/cheezcommon2/ragecomic/packs/laugh/images/Laughing.png

"Craig Thompson sent pictures of his ERECT penis, dressed as a MENACING pirate, to a 12 year old girl"http://memebase.com/wp-content/themes/vip/cheezcommon2/ragecomic/packs/scared/images/HeckNo.png

?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Recoba

Scottish football is a total joke tbh

All the headlines surround controversy.  And not players fucking their sister in law or some brass, but shit like this or bullets in the post.

I was in Manchester during the UeFA cup final a few years ago. It was like a zombie film or a warzone. Never ever ever want them in English football.

If Thomson a man sent my daughter a pic of his cock I'd wage a hate campaign against him. Force him out the area.