Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

Thought it'd be nice if we had a thread for football programmes, especially now it's WC time and there are lots of interesting things about.

I noticed tonight (1 June) there are:

BBC3, 20:00 - The World Cup's Most Shocking Moments

Richard Bacon and guest presenter Peter Crouch look back on the 50 greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup, covering the last six tournaments and including moments such as Maradona's `Hand of God', Zinedine's Zidane's headbutt and England's penalty pain. Featuring accounts from people who were there.

More4, 22:00 - The Power of the Game

As well as following the qualification campaigns of South Africa, Iran and the USA for the 2006 World Cup, Michael Apted looks at the difficulties Iranian women supporters face in watching football matches live, how apartheid still affects the sport in South Africa and how the Americans are trying to overcome apathy to football, or soccer as they know it, at home.

Thought it'd be nice if we had a thread for football programmes, especially now it's WC time and there are lots of interesting things about.

I noticed tonight (1 June) there are:

BBC3, 20:00 - The World Cup's Most Shocking Moments

Richard Bacon and guest presenter Peter Crouch look back on the 50 greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup, covering the last six tournaments and including moments such as Maradona's `Hand of God', Zinedine's Zidane's headbutt and England's penalty pain. Featuring accounts from people who were there.

More4, 22:00 - The Power of the Game

As well as following the qualification campaigns of South Africa, Iran and the USA for the 2006 World Cup, Michael Apted looks at the difficulties Iranian women supporters face in watching football matches live, how apartheid still affects the sport in South Africa and how the Americans are trying to overcome apathy to football, or soccer as they know it, at home.

I think there's the offical world cup 2006 film stiaght after that.

Crouchy is possibly my favourite footballer comedy wise, always make's me laugh :lol:

Yeah i like him aswell, he is funny and doesn't seem to be a typical footballer who is rapped up in his own self importance and he actually has a personality.

Guest Ice__Mag

Just been watching the england v argentina game from 2002. Butt had a stormer, didn't put a foot wrong!

Crouchy is possibly my favourite footballer comedy wise, always make's me laugh :lol:

Yeah i like him aswell, he is funny and doesn't seem to be a typical footballer who is rapped up in his own self importance and he actually has a personality.

:thup:

Seems a very sound bloke.

"What would you be if you weren't a footballer?"

Crouch: "Probably a virgin"

:lol:

Guest Heneage

I'd seen the More4 piece before.

In all honesty it left me with a real dislike for Landon Donovan, I appreciate he may have since changed but he came across as incredibly lazy and arrogant. He openly claims was happy to play in MLS over Germany, which is fine, but the fact he so openly claimed he would have made it, and been a success. It was almost like he just didn't want to put the work in, which is sad, he seems to have enjoyed his time at Everton, and I can see him trying to get back to Europe post World Cup.

:lol: :lol:

He actually say that?  That's ace.

:lol: :lol:

He actually say that?  That's ace.

Aye, not on the show last night but in an interview a few year ago. :lol: