Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest neesy111

How have the other free transfer, frequently injured strikers (Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge) been getting on this season?

Welbeck has been as bad as Carroll looking at his stats for injuries.  Sturridge is doingok tbf, 4 league goals.

Still be getting his £25K a week so he won't give a fuck. Bit like at West Ham where it was said a lot of his injuries were dubious.  He also missed a lot of training sessions because he had to go to his grandmothers funeral, I think he had a lot of Grandmothers

I'm sure Carroll isn't happy he's injured. That doesn't change the fact that he is injured or that he has been frequently injured for long spells throughout his playing career. A £30K a week basic salary with pay as you play bonuses is an amazing deal for him given his injury record.

Well tbf even if he doesn't play another minute he'll have been worth the 30k or whatever a week it is, he did contribute to a few points and  that's worth the 1-2 million he'll have cost. Compare that to some fees and it's quite clearly been value for money in isolation.

The issue is that it's part of a wider problem at the club of avoiding actually trying to get the best team possible and his presence comes at the expense of a better option.

He’s still making £20-25k a week. Landed on his feet coming here. £1m pretty much regardless of whether he was fit.

I doubt thee are many experienced PL players earning less than £25K. Even Shortstuff is looking at £20k per week. It's just the going rate.

And how much would you demand if a PL club wanted you for 10-15 games per season?

I don’t know why the club went there? Can’t blame Carroll in this, no other Premier League club would have given him a deal, he might have dropped a division and maybe got half of that as a basic if someone was daft enough to gamble on him.

And how much would you demand if a PL club wanted you for 10-15 games per season?

I don’t know why the club went there? Can’t blame Carroll in this, no other Premier League club would have given him a deal, he might have dropped a division and maybe got half of that as a basic if someone was daft enough to gamble on him.

Well it wasn't for footballing reasons, of that we can be certain, because no decision is taken for footballing reasons.

I keep thinking about if you got Carroll and Siem de Jong together, would they combined have enough working parts to form an actual functional player?

It's a puzzler. Can't decide whether adding Marcelino to the mix would help... probably would. At least the Frankenstein would now have legs. Blind and fingerless, but could run... canny.

By all accounts a lovely local lad that loves the club.

Would we like a swimming pool, Rondon, a word class manger? Yes. Is it realistic? Still yes. But here's Carroll instead.

He's one of our own you know.