Relegation Candidates; who would you pinch?

Minhosa

Would take any of the following:

Max Aarons

Emi Buendia

Todd Cantwell

Jack Grealish

John McGinn

Abdoulaye Doucoure

Gerard Deulofeu

Felipe Anderson

David Brooks

Nathan Ake

Harry Wilson (I know he's on loan from Liverpool but still)

Pererya for me. Think he's great.

Aye, forgot about him.

In regards to Cantwell, he's the worst of the 3 boy band looking attacking midfielders in the PL (Grealish, Maddison and Cantwell) but given his age I think he's worth a punt. Would much rather have Aarons or Buendia from Norwich though.

if you're talking with a takeover in mind then very few of them indeed; established players i'd say grealish & doucore 100% and then i'd maybe only look to potential players like cantwell & arrons

no takeover then yeah most of those mentioned but would be totally irrelevant as we'd never sign them :lol:

if you're talking with a takeover in mind then very few of them indeed; established players i'd say grealish & doucore 100% and then i'd maybe only look to potential players like cantwell & arrons

no takeover then yeah most of those mentioned but would be totally irrelevant as we'd never sign them :lol:

Think we're all talking with takeover in mind, bit mental otherwise. No takeover and we'd be looking at players like fucking Elmohamady. :lol:

No one really knows for sure, but i imagine that the potential new owners want to hit the ground running. Obviously won't be world beaters over a day, or buy players that the top top teams are going all in for. What I imagine though is that they will try and raise a few eyebrows and make people around the footballing world to take notice. That won't be by signing too many players from the bottom teams. They want to make Newcastle an attractive brand again. Having said this, spending money for the sake of it won't guarantee success as we all know. Getting the signings right is the most important thing after signing a top class manager.

In terms of players I haven't seen mentioned, I have always been a fan of Michail Antonio. He would be a good squad player for anyone, imo. Lerma from Bournemouth is a player I believe to have potential. Declan Rice would be inflated, but is a good player. In a general sense, most of the fullbacks and centre-forwards would be good signings. Newcastle are very weak in those positions.

Possibly Aarons as a squad option and obviously I'd take Grealish, but should the takeover happen I'd hope we aim higher or at least level and get someone who isn't as much of a cunt.

King or Wilson are better than any of our strikers now too.

Depends who the owner is but Doucouré, Diop and Wilson are next level on what we have and could even play shit Bruceball.

Be a lot of scavengers lurking regardless of who goes down although given how little Norwich have spent they might not be too fucked.

Never been too impressed by Diop personally

Seen him have some genuinely good games but he’s playing as the only half decent defender in the 4 most of the time. Still learning too, only 23.

Aarons, Grealish and McGinn.

I'd be happy with another 10-15 players of those teams as squad players. That's not really what we need though. If we're going to have 200 mil to spend, we can raid the top Italian teams/Porto/Benfica/Ajax/Monaco/Lyon and such for some world class talent..

Possibly Aarons as a squad option and obviously I'd take Grealish, but should the takeover happen I'd hope we aim higher or at least level and get someone who isn't as much of a cunt.

King or Wilson are better than any of our strikers now too.

Can't believe this is the first time he's been mentioned. Would take him before almost everyone else discussed.