Football governance

Nobody

The epitome of an irrelevant football club.

So basically he's saying the league structure is fucked so lets accept removing actual competition from Football so that Football clubs (of which the entire point is competition) can survive.  Fucking tosser.

Just get more and more angry with everything i read on this. EFL clubs love it? Of course they do its free money to cover up years of incompetent financial mismanagement. Good on the shankly trust and FA, those behind this plot should be shot.

I'm not sure I completely understand how the current system is forcing lower league clubs to go broke to be honest. As far as I'm aware overspending is endemic down there and it's down to mismanagement and poor regulation. Poor business fundamentals and the pandemic are killing them, this would be killing them even if they were getting a bigger slice of the premier leagues money.

Absolutely, if they'd received 25% of the current PL TV deal a few years ago, they'd all have raised their revenues by the same amount in a attempt to compete with each other and the PL clubs.  So they'd still be right on the profit/loss line now and still fucked by the sudden drop in income.

It's a non-starter surely?

The only worry would be that a set of less extreme proposals have already been drawn up, and all this nonsense will make the next proposals look more attractive in comparison.

Although large sections of the media do seem to be behind this - they don't have to give it so much attention and support but they are.

So, reducing the Premier League from 20 to 18 teams - Project Big Picture. The bad news is... it doesn't work. But... look, big picture, so what? Maybe we shouldn't be in the football business at all, maybe we should look at human rights or global warming. I mean, these are just ideas, but... where's the humanity? I suppose that's what I want to ask you today, if anything. Where is the humanity?

this idea is so fucking preposterous it's gonna go through in the end isn't it :lol:

Nah, its beyond me how they expect 14 PL clubs to agree to it

idk man, this is 2020!  not in its current format but i could see them getting their way by offering some small crumb to the other PL dumb fucks who'll take it without thinking of the future repercussions

i've lost faith in anything good ever happening again though, so there's that