Football governance

Nobody

People like Gary Neville are being really naive about this, maybe because he’s desperate, but he’s far from the only one. He seems to have it in his head that the rescue package for league clubs is the main part of the proposal and that the power grab is a side issue that can be negotiated.

People like Gary Neville are being really naive about this, maybe because he’s desperate, but he’s far from the only one. He seems to have it in his head that the rescue package for league clubs is the main part of the proposal and that the power grab is a side issue that can be negotiated.

He's stupid as fuck, as are many others.

Find it hard to believe that anybody ever thought the shameless power grab would just pass by as an essential facet of reforming English football.  Like literally the only way to make the rest of their genuine and munificent suggestions work is to also concentrate future decision making power into six clubs at the very top :lol:

He would be dead against it if it wasn't proposed by Man U.

He's not being naive at all sadly.  He's a part owner of Salford City who would probably benefit from the proposals.

Man Utd are in danger of being replaced by Wolves or Everton in the top four (or even us if a takeover goes through). I'm sure secretly Neville loves the idea of Man Utd being able to stop this happening via the Top 6 executive cartel.

It's just straight up blackmail. It's been mainly about money for some time now, but this is so brazen. I see there's a desire from the 'elite' (mainly that cunt Agnelli) to have UEFA competitions played on weekends, too. It makes you want it to all come crashing down even more so than you already did.

Here's Project Fookin huge picture....Same as big picture, but no additional power to the corrupt 6. Simply 25% of PL money goes to the lower leagues. Bet we'd get around 90 clubs signed up to that.

End of the day the EFL clubs will just piss away that money as well. Its like giving Jonny Decker £2 for some food and watch him buy a pint of John Smiths before your back is turned.

Guest neesy111

Do they not still need 14 PL clubs to agree to this for it to happen which definitely won't happen?

Yes and the FA have power to bloke the proposals of this scale.

Just get more and more angry with everything i read on this. EFL clubs love it? Of course they do its free money to cover up years of incompetent financial mismanagement. Good on the shankly trust and FA, those behind this plot should be shot.

The epitome of an irrelevant football club.

How predictable that he would voice support for a proposal seeking changes to the parachute payments structure, after Boro have used them all up

All these small time clubs who know they’ll never challenge the top 6 just see the extra income. Unfortunately even though we’ve been s*** for years, deep down we know with right backing we can challenge some day.

This proposal removes any dreams for fans of Leeds, Villa, Everton, Wolves and ourselves of ever challenging.

The sheer arrogance that these Yanks and Levy believe they have the right to decide who should own other clubs is beyond belief. It goes against competition rules in this country and is something even the government would have to look at intervening in.

Do these EFL chairman really believe the PL won’t just do a u turn at some point, what’s to stop the big 6 just deciding they no longer want to fund the EFL after a couple of years.

At this point it would be great if the govt or somebody bailed out the EFL, then this smokescreen of the big 6 caring about their welfare could be dispelled instantly.

Just get more and more angry with everything i read on this. EFL clubs love it? Of course they do its free money to cover up years of incompetent financial mismanagement. Good on the shankly trust and FA, those behind this plot should be shot.

I'm not sure I completely understand how the current system is forcing lower league clubs to go broke to be honest. As far as I'm aware overspending is endemic down there and it's down to mismanagement and poor regulation. Poor business fundamentals and the pandemic are killing them, this would be killing them even if they were getting a bigger slice of the premier leagues money.

I'm not sure I completely understand how the current system is forcing lower league clubs to go broke to be honest. As far as I'm aware overspending is endemic down there and it's down to mismanagement and poor regulation. Poor business fundamentals and the pandemic are killing them, this would be killing them even if they were getting a bigger slice of the premier leagues money.

Correct, particularly in the Championship where mismanagement is a norm as much spending more than 100% of revenue on wages.