FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

We’ll be robbed of football that summer unfortunately. But you’d think the quality will be higher with players mid-season.

How hot is it in Qatar during December? was thinking the temperature might make the football a bit shit like in South Africa but i have no idea what their weather is like in December.

I assume it’s still pretty miserable :lol:

Nee worry Mole, they’re gonna cool that shit down with fake clouds or whatever

15-25 degrees. No humidity. Pretty much perfect.

We’ll be robbed of football that summer unfortunately. But you’d think the quality will be higher with players mid-season.

How hot is it in Qatar during December? was thinking the temperature might make the football a bit shit like in South Africa but i have no idea what their weather is like in December.

I assume it’s still pretty miserable :lol:

Nee worry Mole, they’re gonna cool that shit down with fake clouds or whatever

15-25 degrees. No humidity. Pretty much perfect.

:thup:

8 years until the next proper World Cup :anguish:

Fucking ridiculous, they bid for a summer tournament. Once it became clear they couldn't fulfill that requirement it should've been moved elsewhere. Money talks though I guess.

Don't really get how the European leagues will run, unless they continue regardless. The international squads get together the month before it starts so oct-jan is what players are likely missing.

Aug-oct then a 3 month break and resume?

Jan- August? What about the following season.

On the upside either way we will be alright!

Fucking disgusts me that this is going to happen, there couldn’t be a more blatant case of corruption, it’s clear to everyone they didn’t even consider the bids or the countries during selection. I’d love a boycoutt tbh, or the European leagues forcing them to do it in summer.

The tournament itself will be fine. People always say world cups are going to be disasters and they generally aren't. The toughest thing will be deciding when leagues stop and resume. Countries need a few weeks to prepare beforehand and a few weeks to rest afterwards. Imagine how grim it would be winning the World Cup and then going back to playing Bournemouth or Levante away the following week

Fucking disgusts me that this is going to happen, there couldn’t be a more blatant case of corruption, it’s clear to everyone they didn’t even consider the bids or the countries during selection. I’d love a boycoutt tbh, or the European leagues forcing them to do it in summer.

Couldn't agree more. If they aren't prepared to host it when it should be hosted, then it should go to someone else.

:lol: The football in South Africa had nothing to do with the temperature. SA is fairly south anyway and the tournament was during the coldest season. Russia and Brazil were significantly warmer.

I still believe the Qatar World Cup will be a fantastic event. Supporters for every team in a very small area (easy for travel) in a country that will spare no expense (financial or other) to make the tournament great and expand their profile. The enjoyment will of course be tainted with the stench of corruption and the blood of slaves, but I have learned to accept this with FIFA and life in general. In 3.5 years when this starts, everyone will be watching and enjoying, just as they were for this disgraceful tournament in Russia everyone was telling me about only two months ago.

Couldn't agree more. If they aren't prepared to host it when it should be hosted, then it should go to someone else.

Why rule out every single country with this climate? Not every country has hospitable conditions during the same time as Europe or has leagues with the same schedule. Changing the date is just common sense.

:lol: The football in South Africa had nothing to do with the temperature. SA is fairly south anyway and the tournament was during the coldest season. Russia and Brazil were significantly warmer.

I still believe the Qatar World Cup will be a fantastic event. Supporters for every team in a very small area (easy for travel) in a country that will spare no expense (financial or other) to make the tournament great and expand their profile. The enjoyment will of course be tainted with the stench of corruption and the blood of slaves, but I have learned to accept this with FIFA and life in general. In 3.5 years when this starts, everyone will be watching and enjoying, just as they were for this disgraceful tournament in Russia everyone was telling me about only two months ago.

Why rule out every single country with this climate? Not every country has hospitable conditions during the same time as Europe or has leagues with the same schedule. Changing the date is just common sense.

So it's actually World Cup 2021? I assumed it was being put back rather than brought forward.

True although one route in to the country via one airport is going to be a logistical nightmare regardless of how big said airport is. Hotels will likely be insane too. Best tournaments, for me, are ones where all countries have as large a following as possible. At least 2026 will cater for this.

True although one route in to the country via one airport is going to be a logistical nightmare regardless of how big said airport is. Hotels will likely be insane too. Best tournaments, for me, are ones where all countries have as large a following as possible. At least 2026 will cater for this.

:thup: My biggest fear as well. Russia was a nightmare for hotels, going to be extremely interesting to see how Qatar manages it along with the logistics of airport as you mentioned.

:thup: My biggest fear as well. Russia was a nightmare for hotels, going to be extremely interesting to see how Qatar manages it along with the logistics of airport as you mentioned.

Currently 179 types of accommodation in Doha on TripAdv.

Although tbf they might just build massive new ones all over the gaff given money isn’t problematic. Although...uk.businessinsider.com/qatar-2022-world-cup-hotel-shortage-2016-3?r=US&IR=T

The fact that the stadiums were built by slave labour and thousands of their lives... no football culture... corrupt AF purchase... more money for FIFA... and we have this change in time which they said they wouldn't need. Honestly the time change is the least of the problems with it. FIFA is evil and this WC in particular is. Its all just too much. Ideally we would send everyone in FIFA to prison and give the 2022 WC to Australia or Morocco.

Brazil and other South American countries have managed with having to stop their league for the World Cup for decades, just get on with it.

Thats not the full picture though. For the most part the players in the South Americans countries at the world cup tend to play in Europe, in fact most players at the World Cup finals tend to play their football at European clubs.