FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

If anyone bumps into any Germans over the next week or two please don’t mention the VAR.

I’m there at the end of July visiting family :lol:

If England win it I may buy an England top with 66 on the back...

Looking at this new format from 2026 there is going to be some shit teams in the tournament

3 extra from Concacaf to go with the hosts

4 extra from Africa

3 from Asia

Will be some mis matches and teams only going for 2 games

Guest neesy111

There is zero chance of Argentina hosting a world cup, they've just been bailed out by the IMF.

There is zero chance of Argentina hosting a world cup, they've just been bailed out by the IMF.

Do such things matter? I always assumed getting the world cup meant you got given millions for doing it?

Guest neesy111

Do such things matter? I always assumed getting the world cup meant you got given millions for doing it?

Yes, massively.  Think you should read up on how little countries are given for hosting a world cup or Olympics for that matter.

This world cup is costing russia $15bn in new stadiums, they'll get like $2bn in payments from Fifa etc in total.  Argentina etc would need similar money to be spent, nevermind the infrastructure required.

Just look at how bad it was for Brazil:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/09/brazil-loses-big-at-world-cup-and-not-just-on-field.html

Yes, massively.  Think you should read up on how little countries are given for hosting a world cup or Olympics for that matter.

This world cup is costing russia $15bn in new stadiums, they'll get like $2bn in payments from Fifa etc in total.  Argentina etc would need similar money to be spent, nevermind the infrastructure required.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/09/brazil-loses-big-at-world-cup-and-not-just-on-field.html

:thup:

Hadn't realised how unbalanced it was. You would expect poorer countries to get a helping hand but the likes of Russia to pay their own way (to a degree).

Seems unfair on the poorer countries.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Hadn't realised how unbalanced it was. You would expect poorer countries to get a helping hand but the likes of Russia to pay their own way (to a degree).

Seems unfair on the poorer countries.

I think countries are mad for bidding to host these tournaments.

Brazil and South African economies have went down the pan as well in the last decade, could've spent their money more wisely.

• 2 weeks later...

We’ll be robbed of football that summer unfortunately. But you’d think the quality will be higher with players mid-season.

How hot is it in Qatar during December? was thinking the temperature might make the football a bit shit like in South Africa but i have no idea what their weather is like in December.

We’ll be robbed of football that summer unfortunately. But you’d think the quality will be higher with players mid-season.

How hot is it in Qatar during December? was thinking the temperature might make the football a bit shit like in South Africa but i have no idea what their weather is like in December.

I assume it’s still pretty miserable :lol:

Nee worry Mole, they’re gonna cool that shit down with fake clouds or whatever