Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

Only just got around to watching 'Diego Maradona'. Absolutely brilliant. Love seeing old footage, especially simple things like him in personal training, stuff we probably wouldn't ordinarily see.

His life in Naples must have been crazy from the moment he stepped off the plane.

I think he's my favourite player of all time.

It’s brilliant - loved it - thought I was.quite clued up on wor Diego but this added a few extra details to my memory bank - shame they turned on him after 1990

They way they turned on him after 1990 was ridiculous. He was playing for his country FFS. What's he meant to do, miss on purpose? :lol:

I thought the way they framed that was strange.  Fair enough if that's really the reason he was turned on, however it seemed to me his main crime was trying to convince Napoli fans to support Argentina in the run-up to the match :lol:

Yeah didn’t understand that - especially from the city of Napoli - let’s just forget what he did in the previous 5 years or so for you - you were a nothing club before he arrived

Thought Ciro Ferrara came out of it well - really liked him when he was at Juve

Neapolitans did not turn on him - I think that bit was badly portrayed in the documentary. He's obviously still deified to this day.

Only just got around to watching 'Diego Maradona'. Absolutely brilliant. Love seeing old footage, especially simple things like him in personal training, stuff we probably wouldn't ordinarily see.

His life in Naples must have been crazy from the moment he stepped off the plane.

I think he's my favourite player of all time.

It’s brilliant - loved it - thought I was.quite clued up on wor Diego but this added a few extra details to my memory bank - shame they turned on him after 1990

They way they turned on him after 1990 was ridiculous. He was playing for his country FFS. What's he meant to do, miss on purpose? :lol:

I thought the way they framed that was strange.  Fair enough if that's really the reason he was turned on, however it seemed to me his main crime was trying to convince Napoli fans to support Argentina in the run-up to the match :lol:

Yeah didn’t understand that - especially from the city of Napoli - let’s just forget what he did in the previous 5 years or so for you - you were a nothing club before he arrived

Thought Ciro Ferrara came out of it well - really liked him when he was at Juve

Neapolitans did not turn on him - I think that bit was badly portrayed in the documentary. He's obviously still deified to this day.

I recall at the time they turned on him.

Guest chopey

No more retro matches at 3pm from the Newcastle website, no staff in to sort it out would you believe

Tonight at 11

Gary Lineker presents highlights from three classic Premier League matches, as chosen by some of the regular expert analysts that appear on the show. This week's selection includes the memorable encounter from April 1996 between Liverpool and Newcastle United at Anfield, as chosen by Alan Shearer

Shame Shearer couldn't pick a game we didn't lose

n

Tonight at 11

Gary Lineker presents highlights from three classic Premier League matches, as chosen by some of the regular expert analysts that appear on the show. This week's selection includes the memorable encounter from April 1996 between Liverpool and Newcastle United at Anfield, as chosen by Alan Shearer

Shame Shearer couldn't pick a game we didn't lose

First match, on now, Newcastle 5-0 Man U.  Man we were good.

On the BBC Iplayer is a MOTD World Cup rewind.5 cracking games from the past with the added bonus of David Coleman commentary on the Scotland vs Holland 78 game. And David Icke commentating on the last game.

Watching the Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix and it's class.

Don't like Mourinho but love it when he speaks about 'Mr Robson'. Also didn't realise Ronaldo's English was so good

Jermain Jenas on 'Match of their day' last night. One of his picks of his top games was the win away at the SOS when Dabizas scored that header in front of the toon fans. Said he had underestimated the rivalry and was surprised by the atmosphere that hit him as he walked out. I didn't know that was his debut as a 19 year old.

Jermain Jenas on 'Match of their day' last night. One of his picks of his top games was the win away at the SOS when Dabizas scored that header in front of the toon fans. Said he had underestimated the rivalry and was surprised by the atmosphere that hit him as he walked out. I didn't know that was his debut as a 19 year old.

He was class that game. His first 18 months here he was brilliant.