Worst ever Newcastle midfielder?

Guest neesy111

Still pisses me off that under Robson - Woodgate aside - we never went out and got ourselves a quality pair of centre halves.

All the more remarkable we made the CL tbh.

Would've been fine if we signed Distin. :(

Rob McDonald definitely in that era he was just absolute garbage.  Most hated for me is Michael Owen

Remember Andrea's Anderson desperately trying not to score away at liverpool.  Kind of fell over and it went in. Haman got sent off for us if I remember rightly and I was sat behind Lionel Perez. Think it was boxing day

I thought that I had a memory of Andersson scoring a goal where he fell over and in the process knocked the ball over the keeper with his knee. I can't find it though, and the Liverpool 4-2 from December 1998 only has him scoring a decent goal after rounding the keeper.

Went to that one. Think we were 2-0 up.

Andersson went round the keeper then fell for no reason.  Somehow he managed to score more luck than skill though

My approximate worst to least worst of the worst from the time I've been watching Newcastle:

1. Lamine Diatta

2. Sol Campbell

3. Ronny Johnsen

4. Cacapa

5. Paul Huntington

6. Dave Edgar

7. Peter Ramage

8. Marcelino

9. Steven Caldwell

10. Moke Williamson

11. Jean-Alain Boumsong

12. Oguchi Onyewu

13. David Rozehnal

14. Craig Moore

15. Steven Taylor

16. Titus Bramble

Sure I've left someone obvious out. There's so much crap to choose from the last 20 years  :lol:

Andy O'Brien. Worse than Bramble at least.

Still pisses me off that under Robson - Woodgate aside - we never went out and got ourselves a quality pair of centre halves.

Word.

Aye 👍

It seemed like we were always waiting for Titus to apparently mature and cut out the concentration lapses to fulfill his potential.  Obviously never happened.

Aye 👍

It seemed like were always waiting for Titus to apparently mature and cut out the concentration lapses to fulfill his potential.  Obviously never happened.

Wouldn’t give Distin the same wage as Robert, instead paid £2m more for Bramble.

Given he was good for about 12 years after, that was one of his biggest mistakes. Would have been worth every penny.

Guest neesy111

Aye 👍

It seemed like were always waiting for Titus to apparently mature and cut out the concentration lapses to fulfill his potential.  Obviously never happened.

Wouldn’t give Distin the same wage as Robert, instead paid £2m more for Bramble.

Given he was good for about 12 years after, that was one of his biggest mistakes. Would have been worth every penny.

Robson made quite a few iffy/bad buys.  We struck the jackpot with Bellamy, Robert and Jenas in 01/02 but season before and season after weren't as successful.

Aye 👍

Didn’t he get relegated about 6 times?

Aye 👍

Aye, definitely the one that got away from that era.  Him and Woodgate would’ve been a formidable partnership if it had happened!

Aye 👍

Aye, definitely the one that got away from that era.  Him and Woodgate would’ve been a formidable partnership if it had happened!

Think we were linked with him again a couple of times too (one the January we signed Boumsong). £4m could have set us up for the next decade in that position.