Worst ever Newcastle midfielder?

Carl Cort.  He scored 1 in 2 for us in his first season, absolutely nowhere near.

Played 22 games in 4 years.

Ability wise though nowhere near the worst. 6 goals in his first 13 appearances before his injury nightmares started.

Rob McDonald definitely in that era he was just absolute garbage.  Most hated for me is Michael Owen

Remember Andrea's Anderson desperately trying not to score away at liverpool.  Kind of fell over and it went in. Haman got sent off for us if I remember rightly and I was sat behind Lionel Perez. Think it was boxing day

Rob McDonald definitely in that era he was just absolute garbage.  Most hated for me is Michael Owen

Remember Andrea's Anderson desperately trying not to score away at liverpool.  Kind of fell over and it went in. Haman got sent off for us if I remember rightly and I was sat behind Lionel Perez. Think it was boxing day

I thought that I had a memory of Andersson scoring a goal where he fell over and in the process knocked the ball over the keeper with his knee. I can't find it though, and the Liverpool 4-2 from December 1998 only has him scoring a decent goal after rounding the keeper.

I thought that I had a memory of Andersson scoring a goal where he fell over and in the process knocked the ball over the keeper with his knee. I can't find it though, and the Liverpool 4-2 from December 1998 only has him scoring a decent goal after rounding the keeper.

Went to that one. Think we were 2-0 up.

My approximate worst to least worst of the worst from the time I've been watching Newcastle:

1. Lamine Diatta

2. Sol Campbell

3. Ronny Johnsen

4. Cacapa

5. Paul Huntington

6. Dave Edgar

7. Peter Ramage

8. Marcelino

9. Steven Caldwell

10. Moke Williamson

11. Jean-Alain Boumsong

12. Oguchi Onyewu

13. David Rozehnal

14. Craig Moore

15. Steven Taylor

16. Titus Bramble

Sure I've left someone obvious out. There's so much crap to choose from the last 20 years  :lol:

The first 4 on that list shouldn’t be anywhere near like. In their prime they’re probably the best 4 on the list. Not their fault we signed them out of desperation when they were finished.

If we had them during their prime they obviously wouldn't be on the list, but for us the gig was up and Newcastle was only a last desperate pay day for them as much as they were desperate signings by us. Not their fault we signed them, but that doesn't make them any better or worse than what they actually were for us.

Guest neesy111

I'd also have Yanga Mbiwa on that list. I know he was popular but I thought he was rank.

Don't you mean weirdo.

Good shout. He had one absolutely ridiculous good performance against....spurs? Assisted pretty good as a make-shift full back a couple of times but other than that failed to impress.

Worst overall in my recent memory/lifetime is probably Riviere.  Absolutely useless. 

Ability wise when we had him, Kuqi is up there.  Played like he'd had a couple of hip ops and chronic arthritis. 

Most disliked and biggest waste of money is Owen.  Didn't like the signing from the get go and I detest the little rat.

Going back to strikers, has to be Frank Pingel. No redeeming features whatever. Equally out of his depth was Mike Larnach. Watched him on his debut at home to Liverpool I think, and he looked reasonably lively and have vague memories of him putting a half chance just wide and thought that there might be something there. Nope, absolutely shocking in every other game . Think it was 15 without scoring before we peddled him back to Clydebank or wherever.

I'm amazed anyone can even remember Diatta actually playing for us.

On paper he was a bad signing but he barely played at all for us to be deemed our worst ever defender unless he had a particularly bad 2 games which I've forgotten about

I'm amazed anyone can even remember Diatta actually playing for us.

On paper he was a bad signing but he barely played at all for us to be deemed our worst ever defender unless he had a particularly bad 2 games which I've forgotten about

yeah i cant remember that at all

Worst overall in my recent memory/lifetime is probably Riviere.  Absolutely useless. 

Ability wise when we had him, Kuqi is up there.  Played like he'd had a couple of hip ops and chronic arthritis. 

Most disliked and biggest waste of money is Owen.  Didn't like the signing from the get go and I detest the little rat.

i'm struggling to remember anyone worse than riviere in my lifetime - i wanted him to succeed so badly as well, always thought when he came on that it could have been his day and it would all change for him but he let me down so many times

on a level though i would put Guivarch, JDT and Andersson

Owen scored some decent goals for us but was injured far too much