Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

After two failed bids, maybe these Americans will try for Newcastle. Sounds like they're aware of us.

Would be a bit wary of their intentions if they're after West Ham for that kind of cash (far more than its worth as a sporting club) .  But anyone's better than fat Mike I suppose.

Shows how badly Ashley has managed this club when even a team like West Ham is valued higher, not withstanding the London tax

The London tax is quite important for foreign buyers though, as most of them think everything revolves around London in the UK.

Actually, that is why I am still so keen on the PIF bid, they have the Reubens and Stavely on board, and they really put a value on Newcastle as a city and a football hub.

Al-Khulaifi looks dodgy as hell, it's his eyes I tell thee! Do they mean Jerome Falk, rather than Falakah? Or is there a FIFA rep called Falakah as well? Either way, if this all ends up with the Qataris being proven to be iffy is there any chance there will be closer scrutiny of the World Cup bidding too? How far could this go? More on point though, would be fun to see the corrupt buggers that the Prem has thrown their lot in with being taken down, hopefully it would start to cast a few more doubts the Prem's way.