Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I'm almost at a point I hope he stays as the cunts who keep going and get behind Bruce don't deserve NUFC back. They have done nothing towards that so fuck them.

We could get taken over tomorrow by a sheikh and I don't think I could go back into SJP and sit amongst and celebrate with the likes of the one there on Sunday.

It's over like

:lol:

I'm almost at a point I hope he stays as the c***s who keep going and get behind Bruce don't deserve NUFC back. They have done nothing towards that so f*** them.

We could get taken over tomorrow by a sheikh and I don't think I could go back into SJP and sit amongst and celebrate with the likes of the one there on Sunday.

It's over like

You are weird County Durham Mag

It's right though, they don't  deserve an Ashley free club do they

I just read that Martin Samuel piece interviewing Ashley.

The fifth estate is dead.

I'm sure Ashleys lies are transparent to 90% on this board but fuck me what a load of unchallenged guff he spouts. Proven liar in a court of law but time to set the record straight. Yeah, ok Mike "I've made mistakes" Ashley.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290525/MIKE-ASHLEY-EXCLUSIVE-think-club-forever-Martin-Samuel-Newcastle-owner.html

Read it if you avoided it before, we need to stoke the anger not let it flicker out like a waning candle.

I just read that Martin Samuel piece interviewing Ashley.

The fifth estate is dead.

I'm sure Ashleys lies are transparent to 90% on this board but fuck me what a load of unchallenged guff he spouts. Proven liar in a court of law but time to set the record straight. Yeah, ok Mike "I've made mistakes" Ashley.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290525/MIKE-ASHLEY-EXCLUSIVE-think-club-forever-Martin-Samuel-Newcastle-owner.html

Read it if you avoided it before, we need to stoke the anger not let it flicker out like a waning candle.

Totally agree, unfortunately we have too many 'move on, support tha club' knackers amongst our fan base.

It was a press release to make an interview around. It was clear at the time.

The embarrassment, aside from the Donnay Army lapping it up, was fellow professionals piping him off as it was Frost/Nixon. No wonder their industry is fucked and contributing to an ever failing nation.

Guest chopey

I don't think he will ever sell us, we are every bit as important to him now as Sport Direct, he can do what he wants with very little to no backlash and it makes him money.

Newcastle phoenix is the only way to go

https://www.football365.com/news/mike-ashley-and-newcastle-the-punditry-silence-is-deafening

Good piece, he's written a few decent pieces recently on the club.

Good piece but I dont think its a big mystery whats going on.

To me there seem to be to types here.

1) The obvious trolls like Richard Keys or Talksport who just try to make ludicrous claims to get a reaction/clicks/views/callers what ever.

2) The ones who have it in their best interest to keep a steady interest in every day events at the football club for business reasons. Who's fit for Saturday, what did Jonjo eat for breakfast today etc. These are the ones who tow the "lets move on and focus on football" line like the local papers.

The whole of Newcastle boycotting the football club isnt good business for anyone in the media.

https://www.football365.com/news/mike-ashley-and-newcastle-the-punditry-silence-is-deafening

1) The obvious trolls like Richard Keys or Talksport who just try to make ludicrous claims to get a reaction/clicks/views/callers what ever.

2) The ones who have it in their best interest to keep a steady interest in every day events at the football club for business reasons. Who's fit for Saturday, what did Jonjo eat for breakfast today etc. These are the ones who tow the "lets move on and focus on football" line like the local papers.

The whole of Newcastle boycotting the football club isnt good business for anyone in the media.

:thup: Do agree but I think there's a 3rd type personally - people within the football media who have always hated Newcastle, who begrudged us having one of the best teams around in the 90s and 00s, who are delighted to see us back "in our place" now and therefore talk Ashley up or play his disastrous ownership down at every opportunity.  They want us to fail and Ashley is the perfect man to facilitate that.

:thup: Do agree but I think there's a 3rd type personally - people within the football media who have always hated Newcastle, who begrudged us having one of the best teams around in the 90s and 00s, who are delighted to see us back "in our place" now and therefore talk Ashley up or play his disastrous ownership down at every opportunity.  They want us to fail and Ashley is the perfect man to facilitate that.

:thup: to both

I absolutely agree with 3. It’s been there since our decline under Dalgleish. Maybe even before under Keegan, although there were a lot of neutrals who liked us then. But definitely since our decline there has been this ‘who do they think they are’ narrative and those people are loving Ashley owning us. I find Villa fans to be particularly bad for this. No idea why except for maybe jealousy that it wasn’t them in the mid 90s who had the purple patch after their successes in the 80s.

The fact Mike Ashley is British billionaire who made his money and has his influence in the UK is a major factor.

He's not some east Asian retailer with limited influence in the UK and its media. Rio Ferdinand has business with Ashley, that type of thing cannot be ignored. His businesses buy-up media advertising for the rags.

I still say, we don't make a big enough deal of it as fans. The media didn't make a big song and dance of his troubles with Rangers but Rangers ran him out of town anyway.

This Ashley PR stunt is obviously working on some people.  I am 75, my brother is 82 and though he now lives in Surrey and me in Scotland, we have continued to support our team since we were kids. They have been,  and still are, a major part of our lives.

However, due to the bullshit and PR lies being churned out my brother is now telling me that he is beginning to think that Rafa was not all that he seemed to be.  It makes me furious but I just wonder how many others are being turned

Here's a question. How would people feel about going back and sitting amongst all these new super fans if Ashley left?

I don't think I could do it personally. The best thing about supporting Newcastle pre Ashley was our support I was so proud of it. Now it sickens me. Sitting amongst people who were happy to have Ashley and Bruce, it just wouldn't feel like the old NUFC. I think it's dead for good regardless.

This Ashley PR stunt is obviously working on some people.  I am 75, my brother is 82 and though he now lives in Surrey and me in Scotland, we have continued to support our team since we were kids. They have been,  and still are, a major part of our lives.

However, due to the bullshit and PR lies being churned out my brother is now telling me that he is beginning to think that Rafa was not all that he seemed to be.  It makes me furious but I just wonder how many others are being turned

Loads. My dad certainly was. Telling me to get behind Bruce and that Rafa wasn't all that etc. Sickened me. Can't be dealing with that shit

Here's a question. How would people feel about going back and sitting amongst all these new super fans if Ashley left?

I don't think I could do it personally. The best thing about supporting Newcastle pre Ashley was our support I was so proud of it. Now it sickens me. Sitting amongst people who were happy to have Ashley and Bruce, it just wouldn't feel like the old NUFC. I think it's dead for good regardless.

Knowing the vitriol aimed at many either way it'd be hard to feel the same way. Still, I'd at least enjoy being with the family again.

I'd not give two shits about them and enjoy the team and football. Laugh in their face if they ever spewed the "we were here when" shit.

This is where I am too... I was outside Aspers having a tab as they came down the street rain-soaked and miserable - I was audibly baiting the fukkers with plenty of bleats and did you enjoy that then scabs..not one fukker even looked me in the eye as they walked past heads bowed and to my mind ashamed of their Ashley-supporting presence - my mate took me inside for everyones good - not my best moment I admit but beer was in etc

Guest The Little Waster

This is where I am too... I was outside Aspers having a tab as they came down the street rain-soaked and miserable - I was audibly baiting the fukkers with plenty of bleats and did you enjoy that then scabs..not one fukker even looked me in the eye as they walked past heads bowed and to my mind ashamed of their Ashley-supporting presence - my mate took me inside for everyones good - not my best moment I admit but beer was in etc

You showed admirable restraint imo , i saw some of the ' supa ' fans at the top of Northumberland street after the match , on their way to various drinking holes ... not a peep out of any of them either after or seemingly whilst at the match . Whats the feckin point of it all ???

We know, you posted the exact same fuckikg thing yesterday. It was a load of nonsense then, and it is today as well.