Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

I imagine that picture would look a lot better with a new purple in the front instead of last year's players that have all been linked with moves away

The same way he keeps the ticket prices low, one of the few ways to realistically boost income under FFFP.

This is another little clique that has been used to brainwash people. Our ticket prices aren't low. Sure if you've got a bairn and don't mind sitting up in the gods there's a decent deal to be had but does anyone actually know how expensive standard 1 year season tickets are?

Gallowgate/Leazes: £578 (£30.42 per game)

East Stand/Milburn Paddocks: £710 (£37.36 per game)

Leazes End, Sports Bar £724 (£38.10 per game)

Milburn, Bar 1892: £819 (£43.10 per game)

Milburn, Platinum Club: £924 (£48.63 per game)

Season tickets certainly aren't cheap, especially considering the standard of football on display and the average wage of the area. For comparison sunderland season tickets are typically £200 cheaper, ie £370 behind the goals and £500 for a good seat along the side of the pitch.

I think the crowds might start off OK - new season optimism and all that but will drop off when we play shit which is bound to happen with Pardew in charge. It is not enjoyable anymore for many people.

Guest antz1uk

I think the crowds might start off OK - new season optimism and all that but will drop off when we play s*** which is bound to happen with Pardew in charge. It is not enjoyable anymore for many people.

what on earth is there to be optimistic about? at least we used to try, i remember being optimistic about a season when we signed Andy Thorn, Dave Beasant and John Hendrie and that's when we were run by McKeag. we're a long way from that at this very moment

Guest antz1uk

All they'd do is reduce ticket prices. Then use that as a reason why we can't afford players.

Like someone previously said, they actually don't reduce them that much, the decent seating areas in the ground are still at a higher price (which i have no issue about) i'd gladly pay £500/£600 to watch if there was some ambition.

they just advertise the family area getting bigger, which after one season I jacked in as the view was shit and i nearly had a coronary walking up those stairs every other week. Even my 11 yr old son (at the time) said he didn't enjoy going anymore, buying him a season ticket was supposed to get him engrossed and have that feeling of belonging we all used to have once over.

I think the crowds might start off OK - new season optimism and all that but will drop off when we play s*** which is bound to happen with Pardew in charge. It is not enjoyable anymore for many people.

what on earth is there to be optimistic about? at least we used to try, i remember being optimistic about a season when we signed Andy Thorn, Dave Beasant and John Hendrie and that's when we were run by McKeag. we're a long way from that at this very moment

Because we signed Jack Colback? There is no reason to be positive but I am sure many will believe whatever propaganda is thrown at them.

All they'd do is reduce ticket prices. Then use that as a reason why we can't afford players.

That must be season 15/16 as it is unfair on season ticket holders for the coming one having already paid up front ?

Guest chopey

That must be season 15/16 as it is unfair on season ticket holders for the coming one having already paid up front ?

Ashley runs his business empire by being unfair a few rattled season ticket holders wont stop him making money

Guest Roger Kint

gee that guy is anal sitting counting the seats and guesstimating crowds like  :spit: seriously think crowds will be below 40 for a majority of games depending on opposition or how we are doing

he has changed that article. Lad on FB posted it with him banging on about the 6% not renewing as though the club had lied massively. Fwiw they would have but he ignored that a fair few fans still pay each year hence the delayed deadline the other week.

In a number of years we have gone from having a very stable season ticket contingent with a massive waiting list to this, general sale and still the risk there will be 1000's unsold.

Just another feather in Ashley's cap this. Idiots.

Guest Roger Kint

In a number of years we have gone from having a very stable season ticket contingent with a massive waiting list to this, general sale and still the risk there will be 1000's unsold.

Just another feather in Ashley's cap this. Idiots.

Maybe the fact we increased the capacity from 36k to 52k 14 years ago had a bearing on the waiting list?

Can't help but admire the job him and his little clique have done on brainwashing people into believing we simly can't compete financially. The constant drip drip drip propaganda the club pumps out has had a massive impact on the c***s too thick to see through it or question it.

Spot on.

I would bet that 'Denis Noble' (and all other ashley apologists) still believe he 'wiped our debts', but don't realise he loaned us £100m...the only person who benefited is him with taxes by loaning, in essence, himself £100m. That loan only increased when HE got us relegated and Barclays wouldn't support our £30million premier league overdraft in the championship so he had to inject £29million in cash to bump up the loan to £129 million. So he actually has us loaded with more debt than f shepherd, Denis. The only way he would have lost money is if he converted the debt to equity, in essence writing it off. Not a f*cking chance. I'd love to know where is all our income is going.

Having only taken one payment off that debt, it seems he realises that if our debt is paid off then we will be one of the most saleable clubs in world football. If we aren't spending money on players then surely we should be paying off our debt to him as we keep hearing how profitable we are...

The same way he keeps the ticket prices low, one of the few ways to realistically boost income under FFFP. Ironically some of those low ticket prices are in 'the biggest family section in england', right in the place where the singing section used to be before he ripped it out because they were signing about him, right next to the away fans who can sign almost unapposed as it's mostly bairns up there.

To up ticket prices we'd need constant full houses, or at least a demand for season tickets by playing decent football, or at least attacking football or some ambition... ha ha who the f*ck am I kidding?

Now this is more like the p*ss taking we're used to...the boys are back in toon...buy your season tickets...

unless they get sold of course then our four best players are gone and no point coming as ben arfa won't play or any flair players at all should be next that * personally.....

Why would he be paying it off? It's his main tool here.

Their storyline is simple. We were on the verge of going bust, he saved us, took the debt upon himself and made it interest free to stoop us bleeding, he uses that fact as an argument to use all the advertising space for his personal interest. We can't compete with the big clubs about commercial deals as no one will offer us more than we owe Ashley (£8m/year). The end.

Him taking that loan is no cost to him, I'm sure he's already been repaid in Sports Direct's growth over the period in which he's had it. Not that it matters, there's plenty of more money to make off this situation.

Not sure how that website is coming to those numbers.  We're in profit by over £30m since Ashley look over, so that's close enough.  But £17m in the last 5 years is far too low, think its more like £38m in those 5 years (we actually made a loss on transfers in his first couple of years, about £8m).

Not that it matters, still £30m+ profit on transfers overall either way.