Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

• 3 weeks later...

"any seats that have not been renewed will be released on general sale so supporters are advised to return their forms as a matter of priority to avoid disappointment"  :spit:

I thought they said in the fan forum meeting the amount of fans who hadn't renewed was about 6%, which happens every season and this 6% is replaced by new St requests?

Club lying again.

I thought they said in the fan forum meeting the amount of fans who hadn't renewed was about 6%, which happens every season and this 6% is replaced by new St requests?

Club lying again.

No doubt. Even in the docile East Stand where I am, there was loads of people packing it in. I guess there is a chance that the number who haven't renewed isn't as high as polls on here. But there is simply no way people without a season ticket this year decided they were missing out and had to get one..

I can understand people getting to the end of the season and deciding that they didn't want to lose the money they'd already paid and going for one more season, nearly fell into that trap myself, that's why the club make the cut off point so far before the end of the season. But anyone who gets to this point and hands over £500+ to this lot is mentally unsound.

Only the brainwashed and hardcore will renew. Those who are less committed could well be lured away by more attractive offerings such as shopping with the missus.

I think you could argue that in many cases, it's the less committed who continue to turn up, the people who can afford it comfortably who just like going to the game. I consider myself fairly hardcore (missed about half a dozen home games in all competitions over more than ten years) but it's gotten to a point where feeding money to this bunch is actively detrimental to NUFC in the long term.

I can understand people getting to the end of the season and deciding that they didn't want to lose the money they'd already paid and going for one more season, nearly fell into that trap myself, that's why the club make the cut off point so far before the end of the season. But anyone who gets to this point and hands over £500+ to this lot is mentally unsound.

Same here. Thankfully the direct debit was set up on a credit card that's now well gone.

They've been ringing and leaving messages, wanting me to set up the new DD. They can swivel.

Guest chopey

The youngin from work has just bought the seat I paid £602 for last season for £110 because he is 16.

Only the brainwashed and hardcore will renew. Those who are less committed could well be lured away by more attractive offerings such as shopping with the missus.

I think you could argue that in many cases, it's the less committed who continue to turn up, the people who can afford it comfortably who just like going to the game. I consider myself fairly hardcore (missed about half a dozen home games in all competitions over more than ten years) but it's gotten to a point where feeding money to this bunch is actively detrimental to NUFC in the long term.

I think you're right. I've never had a season ticket but I probably will go to a couple of games next season just because I like visiting SJP when I'm home every so often.

I think you're right. I've never had a season ticket but I probably will go to a couple of games next season just because I like visiting SJP when I'm home every so often.

Ashley/Pardew apologist helps perpetuate regime shocker!

Ashley/Pardew apologist helps perpetuate regime shocker!

I'm planning to take my boy to SJP next time i'm in Newcastle whether Ashley is in charge or not.  It's not a question of perpetuating the regime, it's a question of having a very rare chance to do it.

Guest chopey

Atmosphere is totally futile anyway. 10,000 empty seats won't make a big difference atmospherically.

wow I think we should take down the "howay the lads" sign in the tunnel at st James and replace it with this quote

Atmosphere is totally futile anyway. 10,000 empty seats won't make a big difference atmospherically.

wow I think we should take down the "howay the lads" sign in the tunnel at st James and replace it with this quote

While we're at it, can we take down the SJP gates and replace them with those 'Arbeit Macht Frei' ones. Seems more inkeeping with the current regime.

:scared:

Just tell her you've renewed and enjoy a heavier wallet/freedom of the city on Saturday.

Some guy at work loathed his job, but wouldn't retire because then he'd have to spend time with his wife and she would nag him to do the gardening.

Choice was taken out of his hands and he was made redundant in the end. Poor guy.