Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I was told that cancelling you ST will mean you lose your points regardless of whether you stay a member. If I could have kept my points I would have cancelled by now, as it is I'm still in an undecided limbo :s

Can they do that?

I'm finished. I'd rather give my money to Gateshead. A proper club which doesn't take the piss out of it's fans. I could begrudgingly handle the club under Ashley but Pardew as well? no. He's killed my enjoyment from watching this club.

I was told that cancelling you ST will mean you lose your points regardless of whether you stay a member. If I could have kept my points I would have cancelled by now, as it is I'm still in an undecided limbo :s

Who told you that?  My points are still in my account from when I quit last year when I login online.

One of the lads on the club/fan panel, they asked the question and that was the club answer

Wouldn't be surprised if they start cancelling the points if people don't renew their season tickets.  The club can be pretty spiteful at times. 

Although you should really be able to retain them because don't you get loyalty points as a member?  Maybe they have two categories - season ticket loyalty points and member's loyalty points.

I have been to a lot of away games and I have just realised that they have not been adding on all my loyalty points.

Who told you that?  My points are still in my account from when I quit last year when I login online.

Same here and I didn't buy a membership either. My profile just says general sale but my 109 loyalty points are still on. Obviously they're no good to me as i'm not allowed to buy away tickets but i'd imagine if Ashley & Pardew both left and I bought another season ticket they would come in quite handy.

having points as a member is pointless. there is no "members sale with 50 points"

so i've heard from various people you keep your points with a membership, do you keep them if you don't buy a membership too? is that what you did neesy?

They will have to start the propaganda/lies soon if they want to keep/attract ST holders. No doubt a fair few will fall for it. However, think we will sign a few (we have to) but will spin the line that there will be more to come. At that time the fecking line will be too difficult to cross.

Ridiculous how much trying to make this decision is tearing me up. Feel absolutely gutted at the thought of it. f***ing utter c***s.

It will feel like a release if you bin it, it did for me. I even left my last game after 60 minutes and I felt good and bad about that.

Guest chopey

I thought about it for weeks before finally giving in and chucking it, the thought of sitting in the same stadium with Pardew and Ashley disgusts me. 

The thing is that unless you've become attached to a specific seat or have to be at Sunderland away (which we'll lose anyway) you don't need a season ticket. It's not like it was from 1993-2000 when a season ticket was really the only way to get into St James' Park now you can pick up tickets on the day of the game more often than not.

I'd had my season ticket from 1991 when Ardiles was manager and cancelled it in February last year so this was the first season for 23 years I didn't have it. I've been to 8 home games this season (Chelsea (£34), Norwich (£17.50), West Brom (£5), Arsenal (£34),  Man City (£34), Mackems (£45), Man Utd (Free), Swansea (£5)). Works out at £21 a game which isn't bad considering I was at most of the big games and never had to drag my backside up there for midweek games either and it worked out much cheaper per match than if I had renewed my season ticket.

Like I said when I log into the ticket office my loyalty points still show up even though i'm just "general sale" now. I go to the matches now when I want to go rather than feeling like I've got to go because i've already paid for it and as things stand i'm not planning on going to any games next season unless there's dramatic changes (even this reported £60m spending spree, not that it will ever happen mind wouldn't tempt me back if Pardew is still in the dugout). My spare money can be spent on other things, instead of being bored out of my skull for 90 minutes up there.

The thing is that unless you've become attached to a specific seat or have to be at Sunderland away (which we'll lose anyway) you don't need a season ticket. It's not like it was from 1993-2000 when a season ticket was really the only way to get into St James' Park now you can pick up tickets on the day of the game more often than not.

This...

And the growing outlets where you can watch an "un-televised" match is what this club (and other clubs to an extent) need to be mindful of...

I was talked into giving it one more year when I was about to cancel in Feb and to be honest I'm regretting it in many ways as far as giving this particular owner the money to do very little with... The overriding reason to renew was to guarantee attendance to any away game as I've over 100 points but as said above that is becoming less of a necessity these days...

I'm out. I've done it.

The lack of investment doesn't bother me in terms of not renewing. Obviously it bothers me in terms of the team but I know that the money remains inside the club for the most part.

Pardew is the straw that has broken the camel's back for me. Even said in the email that if he gets the bullet in the near future then cancel the cancellation. My conscience won't let me put any more money towards that man's employment.

What happens if I cancel DD now?

Would the club chase full payment?

If you cancel the DD absolutely nothing will happen. I did the same thing in February and nothing happened.

You haven't got a hope of being refunded for what you've paid but they won't do anything. That's straight from the horses mouth.

Guest tompa__82

Reading in a national paper here in Sweden that 94% of the ST holders already has renewed it........... :fool:

WTF