Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Renewal letters have just dropped through the post... They've offered to freeze the 10 year deal for a further 3 year and the 9yr deal they've dropped the price by £24 a season...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140219/united-freeze-or-reduce-season-ticket-prices_2281670_3676426

Ashley Rattled?

Expecting a defeat against Villa I reckon at which point most people will go fuck it mines gone as well.

I'm clutching at straws here but I'm hoping these new deals are so that the club will look more sell-able with a healthy list of season ticket holders. 

Not comfortable giving the club another penny when I know precisely none of it is going towards moving the club forwards. None of it was spent improving the playing staff and the club aren't interested in winning anything.

If people are happy to continue to pump money into this organisation with such obvious scant disregard for ambition then that's up to them. As long as people continue to bend over and take it then the same thing will continue to happen. If people are willing to continue to spend £45 a month to fund it then that's a tacit endorsement of the skewed mismanagement of the club and the team imo.

It's a "yeah, I don't mind what you're doing and here's more cash to see you right while you're doing it" rubber stamp. Each to their own though.   

I don't get the finance argument. Not one bit.

People thinking "Oh, but I can save so much money by getting a ticket". Guess what? You can save even more by NOT getting one, and simultaneously send a message to the ambitionless prats in charge of the club in the only way they understand.

Plus, even if things DO change in a year or 2 (Hahaha!) or the club is sold to someone with ambitions beyond advertising his tatty charva clothes shops, just start going again. The money you'll save on not having a ticket for the next year or 2 will more than outweigh any possible increased costs in getting a leter season ticket.

Plus you'll not even miss any games. Just watch them online.

(Don't buy Sky, he gets money from that too.)

The man is clever.

Such a hard decision. :(

CLEVER ...? Because he has reduced the price of his product to get poorer clients to buy it...?

Its hardly rocket science but, like Quantitative Easing, it devalues what its meant to protect.

In the 90s, people paid FAR more for STs, Bonds, Platinum Club etc because they knew if they didn't there were plenty who would and also, they knew the football was worth it.

All Ashley is doing is ensuring there will be less and less spent on the team so he can maintain his own take.

Enjoy the day out, had my seat for about 20 years, it's got my name on it and I've got 100 loyalty points I don't want to lose both because I enjoy away games and maybe one day we'll be good again and I'll be sick if I miss out on a final or something.  Plus I'm on the 10 year deal so I don't have to go through the painful process of actually filling in bank details.

It's what he did with Lonsdale etc isn't it, buy an established premium name, drive down costs by turning it into an inferior product, sell it cheaper.

As well as Everlast, Slazenger, Dunlop, Firetrap...cant think of anyone else. There must be more.