Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

After I cancelled my ticket I sent the club an email asking if I could get details of the amount of cancellations. You reckon he's taking the p*ss?  :lol:

Hi ,

Thank you for your response to the email you have received from the Box Office at Newcastle United.

Unfortunately, as is the case with most professional clubs, we do not announce season ticket numbers and there are no plans to change this policy I'm afraid.

I'm fully aware of rumours circulating on social media regarding season ticket cancellations - and they are simply rumours - but I hope the fact that the club's magnificent fans have once again snapped up all tickets for another two away fixtures this week (Chelsea and Hull City) will reassure you about how incredibly well the team is continuing to be supported.

If you are enquiring with regard to availability and would like to purchase a season ticket for the 2014/15 season, the club's Box Office staff would be happy to assist you in providing the information you require. I hope that doesn't sound presumptuous - I'd simply like to assist you as best I can.

Thanks again for taking the time to email and for your continued support. Please accept my apologies that we are unable to provide the information you require.

Kind regards,

Lee

Lee Marshall

PR and Supporter Liaison Manager

Guest Brazilianbob

I don't understand this insistence on keeping ST's so you can get a cup final ticket.  We have been to 4cup finals since 1974 and lost them all ( I was at Wembley for the first two).  We were completely outplayed in all four finals, so i just don't understand why anyone would want to put themselves thru that torture

Why spunk over £500 on a season ticket on the microscopic chance of a cup final anyway?

If you're that desperate and we do do by some remote miracle manage to Sunderland our way to Wembley, then just turn up in London on the day with that same £500 and I guarantee someone will sell you one.

There's always the next match or the next season though isn't there, that's how people think. That's the essence of what keeps people going back to football.

That's the essence of what will be keeping me away - knowing Pardew will still be in charge of the next match.

Guest Brazilianbob

It's amazing how living and working away from Newcastle after spending the first 31 years of my life in the toon and a season ticket holder to boot, puts nufc into perspective.  I don't miss going to the match at all now and certainly wouldn't buy a ticket, I would probably say no to a free ticket as well as things stand.  In my youth I was there, rain hail or shine living and breathing nufc.  Now I couldnt give a t*ss!

Guest WashyGeordie

Do i actually need a confirmation from the club? Just from the last message i sent to the Box Office they never replied but I've cancelled through the bank. Is that enough?

It's amazing how living and working away from Newcastle after spending the first 31 years of my life in the toon and a season ticket holder to boot, puts nufc into perspective.  I don't miss going to the match at all now and certainly wouldn't buy a ticket, I would probably say no to a free ticket as well as things stand.  In my youth I was there, rain hail or shine living and breathing nufc.  Now I couldnt give a t*ss!

:puke:

I don't understand this insistence on keeping ST's so you can get a cup final ticket.  We have been to 4cup finals since 1974 and lost them all ( I was at Wembley for the first two).  We were completely outplayed in all four finals, so i just don't understand why anyone would want to put themselves thru that torture

:facepalm: :morph:

Do i actually need a confirmation from the club? Just from the last message i sent to the Box Office they never replied but I've cancelled through the bank. Is that enough?

I emailed them on the 1st of Feb telling them that I wish to cancel for next season. I also immediately cancelled my DD with the bank. I received no confirmation from NUFC however and today I have received a letter asking me to authorise my Direct Debit again as they have tried to take a payment twice and have been unsuccessful.

The thing that puzzles me is that the letter states that the payment is for the season 2013-14 ticket and has no mention of next season the 2014-15 ticket. I thought this season was already payed for ?