Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Yes, get off your high horse and fuck off back to toontastic where you can continue making fun of this forum instead.

And I don't make fun of this forum.  I make fun of the odd post.

Must have posted on here for a decade on and off.  By and large I'm respectful of everyone and disregard a lot of the petty stuff to give heartfelt responses that engage in the topic rather than snidey shit.

Where did I say you are a mug for renewing? As for the superfan part,

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95067.msg4858782.html#msg4858782

Not you.  The title of the thread is "fans to blame" though.

There's people in there saying it's "retarded" "romanticism" that is "backwards".

That deserves rejecting.

I didn't realise putting a question mark at the end of it makes it a fact and not a discussion.

Being bothered by it would be a direct result of (and the primary intention behind) the goading taking place.

The entire debate started from Someone saying it's ok to boycott now, if you don't like the way the chairman is running things.  That supporting your team through thick and thin wouldn't be applicable in those circumstances.  As if the Man U fans that go to old trafford in Green and Gold would get a pass if their attendances dropped to 40k now that Moyes is doing a bit s***.  It's not a stand being made on principal if you decide to take that stand 7 years after the owner arrived, or 3 years after he appointed the manager and sold your other biggest assets.  If you enjoyed the season where his approach took you to 5th place and then the Europa campaign that followed, but decided to make the stand when you're playing s*** and get beaten in the derby then you are doing the opposite of supporting the team through thick and thin, and you're trying to justify it with high minded footballese. 

In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

And this is apparently fine.

I find this all rather bizarre.

So where does it end. If we lose say 50% of ST holders all Ashley will do is cut the clubs cloth so it doesn't cost him any of his own cash, if that cloth cutting takes us on a downward spiral and we end up with a Div 1 budget in Div 1 we'll have maybe 15-20K "core" left - (at the very best). At which point let's say Ashley sells up to some bunch, will everyone come back because the great evil has gone and "our club" is good again and the damage Ashley has done is over ??

I think I know the answer to that one

So only 19.3 % will have a season ticket next year from 155 members. :notbad:

I see Bret's voted.  :lol:

:lol:

Obviously i'm in the 17 percent staying on. I predicted us to finish 8th and i would have snapped hands off if I was offered it in the summer after last season, so don't see why i would cancel now after battling through last season which was a lot worse. Yes we made signings in January last year but i expect us to grab a few good names in the summer along the lines of Gomis/Cabella or the like.

We got De Jong which I never expected and happy he’s arrived (although he probably wants to go back after the reception he seen on Saturday) but I don’t think waiting till the summer for Cabaye’s replacement is the worst decision in the world as we aren’t in a desperate league position and I’m happy for Ben Arfa/Marv to take on the creativity role in the side.

If people wish to leave and never come back that’s fair enough and entirely their choice but would hope they stick by their word and don’t come back even if there is an upturn in our fortunes under this regime, be that a few great coups in the summer or even by some miracle a trip to Wembley through a cup run.

So where does it end. If we lose say 50% of ST holders all Ashley will do is cut the clubs cloth so it doesn't cost him any of his own cash, if that cloth cutting takes us on a downward spiral and we end up with a Div 1 budget in Div 1 we'll have maybe 15-20K "core" left - (at the very best). At which point let's say Ashley sells up to some bunch, will everyone come back because the great evil has gone and "our club" is good again and the damage Ashley has done is over ??

The Matchday revenue is £24m.

The additional TV money could be anywhere between £20m and £40m.

He could keep going as he is and give away every ticket in the stadium.

He'd have more difficulty keeping up with the other clubs who had increased their spending power.  But if you aren't buying any players in 18 months anyway, you're no worse off are you :D

If people wish to leave and never come back that’s fair enough and entirely their choice but would hope they stick by their word and don’t come back even if there is an upturn in our fortunes under this regime, be that a few great coups in the summer or even by some miracle a trip to Wembley through a cup run.

Plenty of people have made it clear that they are binning STs, not necessarily never buying a ticket. The dynamic between supporters and club is very different when you can opt to attend or not a couple of days before rather than being commited months in advance.

Plenty of people have made it clear that they are binning STs, not necessarily never buying a ticket. The dynamic between supporters and club is very different when you can opt to attend or not a couple of days before rather than being commited months in advance.

Yeah, struggling to grasp what that achieves? Hardly going to bother Ashley if people bin ST's then buy single match day tickets?

Anyways the point was to those saying they aren't going back till the owner has sold up or Pardew is sacked or whatever the reason they say.

i expect us to grab a few good names in the summer along the lines of Gomis/Cabella or the like.

:facepalm: Do you actually believe what you wrote there? Just for your information, santa claus isn't real.

He'd have more difficulty keeping up with the other clubs who had increased their spending power.  But if you aren't buying any players in 18 months anyway, you're no worse off are you :D

But that can't continue forever and you have to buy someone, sometime, due to Bosman etc. The pot will get smaller by degrees, and the spiral would be downwards, the point still stands, it's not Ashley's pocket that will take the hit. When is the point where the evacuee's declare it's better and do they come back.

What if (unlikely I know) the cash not yet spent was splurged in the summer, is that better ?? Would people come back ??

i expect us to grab a few good names in the summer along the lines of Gomis/Cabella or the like.

:facepalm: Do you actually believe what you wrote there? Just for your information, santa claus isn't real.

Yeah i honestly do. It's looking likely Cisse will leave, Remy likely head elsewhere, is Ashely really going to let Pardew go into the season with only Shola as a striker? Absolutley not.

We will replace Cabaye, no doubt about it in my mind. The exact player i obviously don't know but i'd expect a Cabella/Grenier standard player. I really do fancy us to get a few in like we did last January when we were desperate. Fancy us to let a few go and bring a few in. Don't think Ashley will just sell and leave Pardew with what he has which some expect him to do.

Spent £9m in 2010

£19m in 2011

£18m in 2012

£16m in 2013

There's no reason we wont spend at least similar in 2014.

Not sure about the "few", but it'll depend what bargains can be had.

But that can't continue forever and you have to buy someone, sometime, due to Bosman etc. The pot will get smaller by degrees, and the spiral would be downwards, the point still stands, it's not Ashley's pocket that will take the hit. When is the point where the evacuee's declare it's better and do they come back.

What if (unlikely I know) the cash not yet spent was splurged in the summer, is that better ?? Would people come back ??

Maybe that's why he's holding back the £60m as long as possible.

As annoyed as I am by the lack of January spending....and the sales, I can at least see the logic, and it looks to me like a lesson learned over what annoyed me previously.

When we finished 5th, we spent nothing in the summer.  I was raging at the lost opportunity for pushing on.

Shit season followed and we had to buy in January to avoid relegation.

The very best time to buy big and make a statement is in the summer, so you get the best start possiblem rather than putting the club on a downer.  then in January you aren't desparate and forced into paying over the odds for survival.

What were the options in the 2014 windows?

1. Spend big in January and push to gain one or two league positions.  No money left to spend big in Summer and the whole club is on a downer.

2. Spend nothing in January, keep your powder dry safe in the knowledge you're not being relegated, even if you drop a few places.  Then spend big in summer, either to make loanees permanent or bring in new blood.  Lift the whole club for next season so the money works harder for you in terms of making an ambitious statement at the right time.

3.  Spend big in January AND Summer.  Mike Ashley?  ;D

Spend wisely in January using funds we’ve gained from player sales. Gain one or two places in the league and qualify for Europe. This gives a massive lift in the summer as the new recruits have 6 months Premier League experience under their belts. The new TV money comes in the summer, again we spend within our means and improve the squad although some players leave (Cisse and Remy) but we’ve bought in enough quality to manage a decent run in Europe and to attack the cup competitions.

Oh but we can dream to be run so well.

Spend wisely in January using funds we’ve gained from player sales. Gain one or two places in the league and qualify for Europe. This gives a massive lift in the summer as the new recruits have 6 months Premier League experience under their belts. The new TV money comes in the summer, again we spend within our means and improve the squad although some players leave (Cisse and Remy) but we’ve bought in enough quality to manage a decent run in Europe and to attack the cup competitions.

Oh but we can dream to be run so well.

I think that was the view tbf.

Gremier for £8m - £10m would have been sanctioned as a move to keep us in the top half without busting the bank.  So some other names could com in the summer.

At £12-£15m or whatever was being asked I get the impression it cut into our summer budget too much.  If he's staying where he is anyway we may as well go back in the summer when we might get him for less and he'll help galvanise the club for 14/15. Or if he's still not interested an equally headline grabbing buy of another player to inspire confidence.

I don't know how old you are but if you can't remember what happened in 1992 you can't have been following the club for long because before the Magpie Group succeeded in ousting McKeag, crowds were down to below 20,000 and we were heading for the old 3rd Div....after the takeover there was an immediate surge in attendances and by the time we played Grimsby in Nov 92, going for our 12th straight win(which we lost) there were 7000 people locked out. It wasn't until the ground was extended in 93/94 that we were able to satisfy anything LIKE the demand for tickets and as you may know, we had a 20,000 waiting list by 1995....

If you think the fans wouldn't be back under a better more progressive owner, you are way way wrong.

Guest reefatoon

Yeah i honestly do. It's looking likely Cisse will leave, Remy likely head elsewhere, is Ashely really going to let Pardew go into the season with only Shola as a striker? Absolutley not.

We will replace Cabaye, no doubt about it in my mind. The exact player i obviously don't know but i'd expect a Cabella/Grenier standard player. I really do fancy us to get a few in like we did last January when we were desperate. Fancy us to let a few go and bring a few in. Don't think Ashley will just sell and leave Pardew with what he has which some expect him to do.

Aahh, to have that innocent, child like optimism and excitement all over again.  I remember feeling like this when I was a nipper too. Ignore everything that has gone on and still have high hopes for everything.  Give those straws an extra clutch from me too.

Aahh, to have that innocent, child like optimism and excitement all over again.  I remember feeling like this when I was a nipper too. Ignore everything that has gone on and still have high hopes for everything.  Give those straws an extra clutch from me too.

I wasn't even going to give it a response. If everything is rosy in la-la land then I think it's best to let it be.

So you think Shola will be our number 1 striker next season...i'll only trawl back through your posts when you're wrong again like i can do this summer when you said we are in for a relagtion battle. I was young and stupid then too. How can we possibly finish top 8 after almost getting relegated, it all seemed such a far stretch of the imagination with Pardew in charge, yet hey ho here we are in the top 8.

Guest reefatoon

So you think Shola will be our number 1 striker next season...i'll only trawl back through your posts when you're wrong again like i can do this summer when you said we are in for a relagtion battle. I was young and stupid then too. How can we possibly finish top 8 after almost getting relegated, it all seemed such a far stretch of the imagination with Pardew in charge, yet hey ho here we are in the top 8.

Don't get so het up, you might snap your crayons.  No, Shola won't be our number 1 striker as his contract up, Not once have I said he will either, so not sure what you are blithering on about there.  There is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing top 8 either. As for Mike Ashley skipping up the A1 with bags full of cash for us to go and buy loads of fabulous signings, I just don't see it at all. But you keep fighting the fight young man.

I don't know how old you are but if you can't remember what happened in 1992 you can't have been following the club for long because before the Magpie Group succeeded in ousting McKeag, crowds were down to below 20,000 and we were heading for the old 3rd Div....after the takeover there was an immediate surge in attendances and by the time we played Grimsby in Nov 92, going for our 12th straight win(which we lost) there were 7000 people locked out. It wasn't until the ground was extended in 93/94 that we were able to satisfy anything LIKE the demand for tickets and as you may know, we had a 20,000 waiting list by 1995....

If you think the fans wouldn't be back under a better more progressive owner, you are way way wrong.

My first game was 1967. That surge was KK and results driven absolutely nowt to do with who the owners were. IF we were in the third level, or verging on, do you really really think there'd be the same resurgence, without a corresponding run of results a'la KK's, just because that was the point at which Ashley left.

Yeah, struggling to grasp what that achieves? Hardly going to bother Ashley if people bin ST's then buy single match day tickets?

For a start, it's unlikely that someone who has jacked their ST would then buy every game (or even most) but there is clearly an impact if a significant amount of revenue becomes dependent on ambition shown on the playing side, rather than being as good as guaranteed before the season's even begun. They might ignore it and stick to their current modus operandi, but at that points fans can also adopt the same approach of 'sensible, prudent business' with their own wallets.

That's why the renewal deadline is so early, in the year, by the time the summer's gone you've already paid over half the cost of the ticket and you're locked in for another year. Hope has proved a very valuable commodity in keeping numbers up.

Don't forget HF the Soopa Fan.

:lol:

I haven't been to an away game in 2 years.

I have to say "yes I am a mug for renewing!" or I'm a superfan for defending the decision against criticism?

f*** off.

Where did I say you are a mug for renewing? As for the superfan part,

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95067.msg4858782.html#msg4858782

Yes, get off your high horse and f*** off back to toontastic where you can continue making fun of this forum instead.

:clap:

HF has gone full on mental here like, he's the pure definition of a soopafan and is actively trying to ridicule those who take responsibility for their actions.

You are responsible for the direct and predictable consequences of you actions. Mike Ashley is much less likely to leave with a full stadium than with an empty one. You are a Mike Ashley enabler.

And by trying to convince others with your empty rhetoric to follow suit, you are more than a Mike Ashley enabler - you are now actively helping him.

My first game was 1967. That surge was KK and results driven absolutely nowt to do with who the owners were. IF we were in the third level, or verging on, do you really really think there'd be the same resurgence, without a corresponding run of results a'la KK's, just because that was the point at which Ashley left.

Aye, there was only a limited surge after the takeover, nothing immediate...  even after Keegan arrived really.  We still got 21k for Tranmere.  23k for Swindon and Millwall.  It took the 11 game winning streak the following season to get attendance back up to 30k for anything except the derby.