Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Aye. Not your fault mate. Unless you're the t*** responsible for the lack of investment, desire to win etc? Is your surname actually Ashley?

Even if I was I wouldn't call myself Mike.

:thup: Mike really is a tosser's name, innit?

Keep seeing people asking what happens if you cancel after the deadline. Nothing. I was in the 9 year deal and cancelled in June or July. I lost the payments since February, but there was no other result. I've been checking my credit file for other reasons since then btw, nowt.

You also retain your loyalty points.

Guest WashyGeordie

"Hi there,

I’m sorry we are unable to cancel your season ticket, as per our terms and conditions all cancellation had to be received in writing no later than 31stJanuary.

Kind regards

Jan

NUFC Box Office"

Got this reply from the BO, yet haven't they moved the date forward without notice? I dont recall it being mentioned in the letter last year...

Got this reply from the BO, yet haven't they moved the date forward without notice? I dont recall it being mentioned in the letter last year...

It is in your terms and conditions (the small print as they say) 

Don't have a copy to hand at the moment but its certainly there.  You could simply cancel the payment, unlikely the club would chase it up but I would say legally they are entitled to

"Hi there,

I’m sorry we are unable to cancel your season ticket, as per our terms and conditions all cancellation had to be received in writing no later than 31stJanuary.

Kind regards

Jan

NUFC Box Office"

I knew this would happen. Tell them to shove it as far up their arse as possible. For a ST that runs from August 2014-May 2015 you shouldn't have to give notice a full 7 month before the thing comes into effect, fucking jokers.

It is in your terms and conditions (the small print as they say) 

Don't have a copy to hand at the moment but its certainly there.  You could simply cancel the payment, unlikely the club would chase it up but I would say legally they are entitled to

I'm sure somebody from within the club is on record as saying you could cancel in February, it was almost certainly mentioned at a fans forum and will be minuted.

No wonder they're saying there's been less than a hundred cancellations! :lol:

Anyway, just cancel the direct debit. Not a thing they can do. Even the terms and conditions say that all they can do is stop you going on a price freeze scheme again in the future. Hardly even the slightest concern if you're refusing to support this corrupt, rotten regime anymore.

Guest WashyGeordie

"I haven't even had my renewal letter yet which is a month for the DD money to be taken out from that point, so I'm sorry but it's still a months notice. I've also had no communication at all about this sudden change in date for the deadline (it wasn't even in the last letter?!) And I don't see why I should pay for a 'product' that's broken and with a owner who has no disregard for his 'customers' whatsoever. I'm not renewing."

Saved it as a draft for now, but thats what I was thinking of replying with?

"I haven't even had my renewal letter yet which is a month for the DD money to be taken out from that point, so I'm sorry but it's still a months notice. I've also had no communication at all about this sudden change in date for the deadline (it wasn't even in the last letter?!) And I don't see why I should pay for a 'product' that's broken and with a owner who has no disregard for his 'customers' whatsoever. I'm not renewing."

Sorry to be a grammar nazi TU but it should state he has no regard or an owner that disregards, either is fine and other than that the email seems fine and to the point.

Total disregard

Total disregard

Ball-crushing disregard.

Respect for those that have packed in - I know it won't have been an easy decision. I would have done the same had still been going, although I packed in 6 years ago. Club is rotten to the core and it sounds like some momentum is going now, which he will take notice of.

Guest WashyGeordie

Sorry to be a grammar nazi TU but it should state he has no regard or an owner that disregards, either is fine and other than that the email seems fine and to the point.

Ha. Cheers mate. Glad I posted it on here first then!

Anyway. Fixed. Sent. Next stop: Bank.

The original cancellation date was 28th February when the price freeze first started: http://web.archive.org/web/20111201223012/http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/System/Terms

It changed at the start of last season, apparently: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/System/Terms

(See point 14.7)

Whether that constitutes the club actually informing you correctly or not is for someone who understands this shit to say...

Surely the cancellation date means nothing? Essentially you, the fan, is paying for a service which you are yet to use. Until the first day of the season you should be able to cancel without incurring any sort of penalty.

The club can pluck dates out of the air and be obtrusive as possible but I'm sure consumer law would say that their cancellation date is worth absolutely bot all.