Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I've just sent this:

Supporters No: XXXXXXXX

Seat No: XXXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to let you know that I wish to cancel my season ticket from the start of next season, season 2014/15. 

I no longer wish to do anything which makes it look as if I am backing an owner of my football club who has no ambition other than to avoid relegation and go out of cup competitions as the earliest possible opportunity.

I no longer wish to appear to support a Director of Football who openly lies to people by claiming that no player will leave the club only for two players to leave, one who has since claimed that he had an agreement with the club to leave.

I no longer wish to appear to support a manager of the club who is poor at his job and can only be employed because he is a mouth piece for our unambitious owner and board of directors who have openly admitted that we are not interested in competing as a football club.  You have employed a manager who goes out of his way to constantly tell us that we can’t compete with clubs like Swansea and Southampton when it comes to incoming transfers.  He has done a brilliant job at that and I now fully understand that and accept it, therefore I will no longer waste my time supporting a club who can’t compete with those clubs

After decades of watching Newcastle United fail to match the hopes (not expectations) of the people who have supported the club, I have decided that I can no longer back the football club with my time or money and I will not return while our current owner remains at the club.  This decision has nothing to do with the cost of attending and has everything to do with being unwilling to support a club which does not strive to improve.  A club which treats it’s loyal supporters as if they were customers of a tacky sports outlet.

Yours Faithfully

XXXXXXXX

Deserves a response but will only fall on deaf ears

Guest Roger Kint

Is it not too late to cancel for the next season?

No why would it be? You can cancel the ticket at any point although depending on when DD's are taken you may lose money doing so.

God,  to read fans' cancellation emails put like that is a testament to what this regime is doing. They really are a cancer on what was a proud football club supported by people who would fight the club's corner whatever the situation.

This horrendous man had the chance to own a club with the most loyal of supporters at his back. All he has done nigh on since day 1, is seek to tear away the affinity with the club from decent people. It's heartbreaking to read and yet it really is the only way to go.

So you cancelling payments from June?  I'm confused as to how the payments are structured since they changed it to 12 monthly payments

My season ticket for this season is paid for, they will take a payment in February for next season, I think.

Good letter - thats the way it should be done IMO... telling the club exactly why you are cancelling/not renewing.

The problem is that cancellation emails will be read by one of the box office people (I think I read NUFC only have 8 box office staff). The box office staff will cancel the season ticket as requested. The reasons people have given for cancelling are unlikely to be passed up the chain of command.

So you cancelling payments from June?  I'm confused as to how the payments are structured since they changed it to 12 monthly payments

My season ticket for this season is paid for, they will take a payment in February for next season, I think.

Am sure they changed it from 9 monthly payments to 12?  My monthly figure went down so I assumed I'd now finish paying for this season in May as opposed to where before it was Feb.

Guest Roger Kint

Am sure they changed it from 9 monthly payments to 12?  My monthly figure went down so I assumed I'd now finish paying for this season in May as opposed to where before it was Feb.

To clarify the cancellation process .

If you cancel the direct debit in February this won't affect the rest of the current season.  This is when the club takes out the DD for the following season.

You'll lose any price freeze or deal associated with your ticket if you decide to go back though this is reviewed on an individual basis (ie - ST holder for 30 years or someone who has 4 tickets more likely to get the deal over someone who's only in a 2nd season)

Please remember the Box Office staff are following orders and probably dislike MA as much as you do.  They don't control transfer policy or pricing.  A number of emails have gone into the club this week abusing staff, this will cost you your ticket and membership.

Guest antz1uk

Just wondering about the motivation for cancelling and then paying for certain tickets. As I said, not criticising, just wondering because there seems to be a bit of a conflict there. I mean, if you hate Ashley enough to stay away after a lifetime of going it seems odd to buy tickets at all.

The whole idea of a season ticket for the club is so that they know how much they are going to have coming in and use it to plan.  It gives them an amount of forward planning and depending how you pay, money up front, or at least a guaranteed income. 

I pay at a certain date in the month and they know that they will get that money, even if I don't go to a game.

Aye, and as we have a good amount of season ticket holders year on year, he's taken it for granted and pretty much knew that people would renew/buy them regardless of what he did. Hopefully the drop in holders (either by non-renewal or by cancellation now), will be significant enough for him to take notice.

Most ST holders are now on the longterm price freeze so cancellations wont be enough to change anything imo. Ashley has roped in the fans, beaten them down and laughed in their faces without any meaningful opposition. People can say singing nasty things at him will make a difference but it really wont bother him one jot, he is profiting from it regardless.

This bit is not true, he may have had 2 or 3 years out of them (i bought two but after 1 year decided he wasn't getting anything else off me and cancelled)

he would have only profited if you stay for the full duration of the offer. it's like having any other business, you can have customers, but if you don't look after them they will leave. Pubs are like this all the time, they open up nice and fancy, all new stuff, customers flock, pub gets mucky, doesn't invest, custoemrs stop going. it's really as simple as that. unfortunately they think/thought newcastle fans are different and will keep turnnig up regardless, well i'm beginning to think/hope that the worm is finally turning. I have has season tickets barr only a few years recent since i was 15, i'm 40 now, as as the post said a few previous, there is no intention no, even when we were shit we were at least trying. this man has created so much apathy it is unbelievable, i feel anyone who puts money into the club now is just enabling him and i despise him for the situation he has created. this isn't just a football club/team it's a fkn religion! I can no longer bare going to my 'church' because the damn archbishop and his vicar are complete utter frauds. i feel i hav lost my faith

Guest Roger Kint

Just wondering about the motivation for cancelling and then paying for certain tickets. As I said, not criticising, just wondering because there seems to be a bit of a conflict there. I mean, if you hate Ashley enough to stay away after a lifetime of going it seems odd to buy tickets at all.

The whole idea of a season ticket for the club is so that they know how much they are going to have coming in and use it to plan.  It gives them an amount of forward planning and depending how you pay, money up front, or at least a guaranteed income. 

I pay at a certain date in the month and they know that they will get that money, even if I don't go to a game.

Aye, and as we have a good amount of season ticket holders year on year, he's taken it for granted and pretty much knew that people would renew/buy them regardless of what he did. Hopefully the drop in holders (either by non-renewal or by cancellation now), will be significant enough for him to take notice.

Most ST holders are now on the longterm price freeze so cancellations wont be enough to change anything imo. Ashley has roped in the fans, beaten them down and laughed in their faces without any meaningful opposition. People can say singing nasty things at him will make a difference but it really wont bother him one jot, he is profiting from it regardless.

This bit is not true, he may have had 2 or 3 years out of them (i bought two but after 1 year decided he wasn't getting anything else off me and cancelled)

Not sure you follow what i said tbh given that it is clearly true. My point was that most fans are happily reaping the financial rewards of the longterm prices so wont give it up in fear of paying more when they return. Unless you have proof that most ST holders arent signed up to the cheaper deals(which i doubt)

Guest antz1uk

Not sure you follow what i said tbh given that it is clearly true. My point was that most fans are happily reaping the financial rewards of the longterm prices so wont give it up in fear of paying more when they return. Unless you have proof that most ST holders arent signed up to the cheaper deals(which i doubt)

yeayh, sorry, i should have made my point a bit clearer, it is certainly not true about me as a fan, i took the saving for one year then thought, nah no more, I'd quite happily pay more for a team that wants to at least have a go at winning things, I actually didnt take the ticket based on price, i took it based on the ease of 12 months of payments. however how many more people would rather pay £700 for a ticket for a team that tries than £500 for a team that isn't interested (by team i mean management structure)?

"This drug" you need your fix of, what exactly is it that you are frightened of missing if you stayed away from games.

Are you scared you will miss them finishing the top 4, ain' t gonna happen.

What about a Europa league place finish, well, even if they qualify for it which they have already stated that they don't want to, NUFC will only field a team of reserves in it and won't be bothered when they get knocked out.

Why would we expect to go on a decent FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup run after you know who has already stated that "winning a cup is not a priority". This has been borne out by the pathetic team selection against Cardiff a few weeks ago and against Brighton  over the past couple of seasons.

Supporting Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United is Basically  a waste of time and money, only some fans refuse to see it.

It's not about winning anything or qualifying for anything, if it was I'd be a Man U supporter and not have supported Newcastle all these years. Newcastle were in a rotten position with a rotten chairman when I first went to see a game. Like I said the enjoyment is still in being at the game, not all games are like yesterday. We may not play great football but I still enjoy being their and would rather be in the stadium than watching it on some crappy internet stream or in the pub or worst of all not watching the games at all and being stuck shopping or whatever.

Being a Newcastle fan hasn't been about winning owt for years now. Thats fine.

I've been an addict myself, strangely enough during the "when we were absolute dogshite" years. Shinto Rafferty etc

Footy never used to cost an arm and a leg to go to like it does now so having yer pants pulled down and being shafted by the FCB is a totally different matter.

Even when NUFC were sh*t before, at least they tried to win things even if they had no chance of doing so. This fat whopper has already told you he doesn't want to qualify for the Europa or win a domestic cup and wants to finish 8th 9th or 10th (so he keeps getting wads of your/Sky money)  so there is NO POINT anymore.

Like it or lump it, thats how I feel anyway......

Same for me they were shit days but as you say they did try to win things but players were generally crap ,worrying times when we have Remy who has no intention of signing and Grenier who does not want to be Cabaye replacement (pathetic excuse imho) so we cannot attract players with the goon squad negotiating for us .

After 10 years i've just emailed my cancellation for next season.

:weep:

Biggest surprise of the year so far......

Thank you for contacting the Newcastle United Box Office.

We are experiencing high volume of queries at present and aim to respond to all emails within 3 days. If your query is urgent please call the Box Office on 0844 372 1892. We're open 10am - 5pm Monday to Fridays. We're also open on matchdays from 9am until kick off

We are experiencing high volume of queries at present and aim to respond to all emails within 3 days. If your query is urgent please call the Box Office on 0844 372 1892. We're open 10am - 5pm Monday to Fridays. We're also open on matchdays from 9am until kick off

Every time I've emailed the Box Office I've had that reply, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I've just checked my e-mail and ironically the automated response was in my Junk e-mail folder.  :lol:

ST holder since 04-05, finally cancelled last week. Mate cancelled his and got confirmation email back straight away, but after 2 days I hadn't received one so rang the box office. Their reply? "Sorry, but we really are receiving a lot of emails this week...."