Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I wish I could follow what some of you guys have done but I can't. It's a drug and I'm hooked, there's noubt better than being in the stadium watching newcastle win, sitting at home or in the pub watching the same just doesn't have the same buzz if you like.

As for Ashley, I simply don't think enough fans will leave. Too many are daft like myself and will keep going, at worst I can see there still being 45k fans there next season. Those numbers will increase again if the team goes on a good run and again we'll have a stadium with 52k in it after a decent run and a good offer on half season tickets.

I love the premiss of everyone jacking it in and forcing his hand but as a set of fans we're crap at organising anything. Protests are met by the mad folk who claim it has a detrimental effect of player performances (it doesn't). We couldn't get everyone to walk out at a certain time as was planned a little while back because the team we're playing well on the pitch and to that point people are still trying to organise for fans to stop outside the ground during a TV game but people won't do it claiming I've already paid my cash so it won't make a difference even though they know deep down it will as the focus on the fans discontent would be there for all to see.

So if we can't organise minor events like these which effect fans for one match, there isn't a hope in hell of organising for people not to buy season tickets therefore we get stuck in a loop.

Yes we're getting shafted by Ashley and co but frankly I'm waiting for my next fix against Spurs already.

Can i use you as an example as there are many like you out there and that includes my friends and my next door neighbour who go to the match week in week out for there football fix.My argument is give it up watch a shit stream or in a pub but do not whinge about "how shit the regime is and the manager is crap etc",i gave up years ago through financial reasons but had been a regular since 1972 and i am 50 now and season ticket holder for 22 years and i would go back tomorrow under new ownership but not until , i go to the pub and watch streams at home so in my mind i am still as loyal as a match goer not missing any games but giving up will not be a hardship for a few years and Ashley gets bored with it and his revenue suffers ,who knows what might happen his empire could collapse never say never and someone could come a long and set up a rival business selling sports wear etc and we just hope something changes.

Ashley knows what he's doing. He's written off this season and it won't cost him a penny as the season tickets have already been sold. In the summer we'll buy a couple of players and those who are wavering will jump back on the bandwagon.

Guest Bert Shaft

"This drug" you need your fix of, what exactly is it that you are frightened of missing if you stayed away from games.

Are you scared you will miss them finishing the top 4, ain' t gonna happen.

What about a Europa league place finish, well, even if they qualify for it which they have already stated that they don't want to, NUFC will only field a team of reserves in it and won't be bothered when they get knocked out.

Why would we expect to go on a decent FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup run after you know who has already stated that "winning a cup is not a priority". This has been borne out by the pathetic team selection against Cardiff a few weeks ago and against Brighton  over the past couple of seasons.

Supporting Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United is Basically  a waste of time and money, only some fans refuse to see it.

It's not about winning anything or qualifying for anything, if it was I'd be a Man U supporter and not have supported Newcastle all these years. Newcastle were in a rotten position with a rotten chairman when I first went to see a game. Like I said the enjoyment is still in being at the game, not all games are like yesterday. We may not play great football but I still enjoy being their and would rather be in the stadium than watching it on some crappy internet stream or in the pub or worst of all not watching the games at all and being stuck shopping or whatever.

Being a Newcastle fan hasn't been about winning owt for years now. Thats fine.

I've been an addict myself, strangely enough during the "when we were absolute dogshite" years. Shinto Rafferty etc

Footy never used to cost an arm and a leg to go to like it does now so having yer pants pulled down and being shafted by the FCB is a totally different matter.

Even when NUFC were sh*t before, at least they tried to win things even if they had no chance of doing so. This fat whopper has already told you he doesn't want to qualify for the Europa or win a domestic cup and wants to finish 8th 9th or 10th (so he keeps getting wads of your/Sky money)  so there is NO POINT anymore.

Like it or lump it, thats how I feel anyway......

Me and my dad have decided this morning that we are cancelling today - we have been going since I was a kid - I am 48 now.  Shame as I have a great seat with good people around me but, as many others have said I can pick and choose my games next season.

I will be calling the box office tomorrow to let them know and will be cancelling the direct debit now.

Me and my dad have decided this morning that we are cancelling today - we have been going since I was a kid - I am 48 now.  Shame as I have a great seat with good people around me but, as many others have said I can pick and choose my games next season.

I will be calling the box office tomorrow to let them know and will be cancelling the direct debit now.

No offence meant, but what basis will you use to choose your games? I mean, any ticket purchase will be supporting Ashley etc.

Very sad post BTW.

I'm so sad I feel this way about Newcastle United- the thought of cancellingy season ticket makes my stomach churn, but giving an extra pound to that detestable man is even worse, and makes me feel like a complete fool.

Newcastle United is dead.

No offence meant, but what basis will you use to choose your games? I mean, any ticket purchase will be supporting Ashley etc.

Very sad post BTW.

Why do you even ask?

Just wondering about the motivation for cancelling and then paying for certain tickets. As I said, not criticising, just wondering because there seems to be a bit of a conflict there. I mean, if you hate Ashley enough to stay away after a lifetime of going it seems odd to buy tickets at all.

As has been said above, this is all very sad.

I don't have a season ticket as I'm in the south, but my son and I had been planning to come up for a game or two in the spring. We won't now.

He is 30 this year and I've brought him up a fan. After yesterday he's said he won't even watch us on tv anymore this season. I see his point. There's nothing to look forward to, no joy anyway.

This particular time is one of the biggest lows I can remember in years, in terms of spirit and hope, and all the intangibles of being a fan.

Still, the regime will change, eventually. Just have to wait this lot out.

Very sad post BTW.

Why do you even ask?

Just wondering about the motivation for cancelling and then paying for certain tickets. As I said, not criticising, just wondering because there seems to be a bit of a conflict there. I mean, if you hate Ashley enough to stay away after a lifetime of going it seems odd to buy tickets at all.

Really?  Does it?  After going to the match every other week for god knows how long it seems 'odd' that he might fancy it now and again without paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket?

The whole idea of a season ticket for the club is so that they know how much they are going to have coming in and use it to plan.  It gives them an amount of forward planning and depending how you pay, money up front, or at least a guaranteed income. 

I pay at a certain date in the month and they know that they will get that money, even if I don't go to a game. 

The whole idea of a season ticket for the club is so that they know how much they are going to have coming in and use it to plan.  It gives them an amount of forward planning and depending how you pay, money up front, or at least a guaranteed income. 

I pay at a certain date in the month and they know that they will get that money, even if I don't go to a game.

Aye, and as we have a good amount of season ticket holders year on year, he's taken it for granted and pretty much knew that people would renew/buy them regardless of what he did. Hopefully the drop in holders (either by non-renewal or by cancellation now), will be significant enough for him to take notice.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye, and as we have a good amount of season ticket holders year on year, he's taken it for granted and pretty much knew that people would renew/buy them regardless of what he did. Hopefully the drop in holders (either by non-renewal or by cancellation now), will be significant enough for him to take notice.

Most ST holders are now on the longterm price freeze so cancellations wont be enough to change anything imo. Ashley has roped in the fans, beaten them down and laughed in their faces without any meaningful opposition. People can say singing nasty things at him will make a difference but it really wont bother him one jot, he is profiting from it regardless.

Just to answer the question about picking and choosing matches next season....

I think it is just lip service to myself to say I can still go to the match if I want to.  I dont think I will go again until the ownership changes.  But,  you are all right paying for something I stopped enjoying some time ago, once it became clear that there is no ambition left at the club,  is a total waste.

The life has been sucked out of my club and I am heart broken about it.....

I've just sent this:

Supporters No: XXXXXXXX

Seat No: XXXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to let you know that I wish to cancel my season ticket from the start of next season, season 2014/15. 

I no longer wish to do anything which makes it look as if I am backing an owner of my football club who has no ambition other than to avoid relegation and go out of cup competitions as the earliest possible opportunity.

I no longer wish to appear to support a Director of Football who openly lies to people by claiming that no player will leave the club only for two players to leave, one who has since claimed that he had an agreement with the club to leave.

I no longer wish to appear to support a manager of the club who is poor at his job and can only be employed because he is a mouth piece for our unambitious owner and board of directors who have openly admitted that we are not interested in competing as a football club.  You have employed a manager who goes out of his way to constantly tell us that we can’t compete with clubs like Swansea and Southampton when it comes to incoming transfers.  He has done a brilliant job at that and I now fully understand that and accept it, therefore I will no longer waste my time supporting a club who can’t compete with those clubs

After decades of watching Newcastle United fail to match the hopes (not expectations) of the people who have supported the club, I have decided that I can no longer back the football club with my time or money and I will not return while our current owner remains at the club.  This decision has nothing to do with the cost of attending and has everything to do with being unwilling to support a club which does not strive to improve.  A club which treats it’s loyal supporters as if they were customers of a tacky sports outlet.

Yours Faithfully

XXXXXXXX