Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

The email to cancel my season ticket was written ready to send in January 2013. The hope I got from the new signings and beating Aston Villa made me not send it. I'd left the cancellation email in my Draft emails for a year. After bringing no players in and then the sale of Cabaye I gave it a day or two to see if Cabaye would be replaced. I then finally sent the cancellation email on Tuesday the 28th of January. My 'gamble' that no players would be bought turned out to be true. I can't say I'm regretting the decision to cancel, especially after today. If in the future the owners of NUFC become interested in more than just Premier League survival I can always buy another season ticket.

Guest neesy111

Sent my email. One of the most heartbreaking things ive ever done. Feel like I  was forced into it. I never want to stop going to SJP  but what choice have i been left with? Gutted. Absolutey gutted.

Feel for you.  You seem gutted by it all. :(

Sent my email. One of the most heartbreaking things ive ever done. Feel like I  was forced into it. I never want to stop going to SJP  but what choice have i been left with? Gutted. Absolutey gutted.

Of course you can still go. But now you are at liberty to decide whether it offers 'value for money' and can sack it off as and when you decide it doesn't.

Exactly how I felt a year ago when I sold mine.

Got to be done mate. I'm extremely glad I've managed to avoid all games for almost 11 months now.

Keep telling myself its just football, but it really doesnt help  :lol:  sat here in bits. 12 years down the drain.  :jesuswept:

Guest neesy111

Keep telling myself its just football, but it really doesnt help  :lol:  sat here in bits. 12 years down the drain.  :jesuswept:

You will have your points still btw,ftw.

Why waste your time and money if you are not enjoying it? Watching football should be fun, not a chore.

Same here after 40 year it hurts but what other choice is there - as soon as he leaves this club I will be back - I even give him the benefit of the doubt in replacing Cabaye  - no enough is enough but until it happens on mass it is not going to change and I don't expect to be at St James after this season anytime soon.

Why waste your time and money if you are not enjoying it? Watching football should be fun, not a chore.

I just always enjoyed supporting the team no matter what. Never really had a problem with being shite, but i cant accept having the hope sucked out of me. Cant believe ive been forced away for the place I love.

It's not the club I fell in love with anymore. I find myself taking my frustration out on fellow mags.

Today a kidda in his late teens was applauding When Krul did that hoof to Shola and Shola nearly scored. I turned to him and said "why the fuck are you applauding that hoofball shite?" And he said "because he nearly scored".

I then knew it was time to take a step away. Not going back under Ashley.

Haven't had a ST since 2007 but even still, as I'm now based in the midlands I think I'm done.

Aye I'll stream the game every week, but I didn't get out the office til 7 last night.  Stotted back up for the weekend to watch that utter shower.  Going back down tomorrow afternoon.  Ultimately wasted £36 on a ticket and £40 petrol for fuck all.

I'd originally thought I'd plan the occasional trips back around games but now I'm not fussed.  Can't fathom why anyone would continue to go if I'm honest.  I'd rather save my money to travel.  Vietnam could be a massive disappointment, but it'll never be as much so as watching that dross.

Guest Roger Kint

Same here after 40 year it hurts but what other choice is there - as soon as he leaves this club I will be back - I even give him the benefit of the doubt in replacing Cabaye  - no enough is enough but until it happens on mass it is not going to change and I don't expect to be at St James after this season anytime soon.

Fucking hell 40? I left after the Carroll window(Bolton game was my last) after 15 years ST holder and another 10+ as a 10+ game a season kid. It was the right thing after seeing how this twat runs us but must be tough to do after that long

That was absolutely miserable. I live in the United States and have been a fan for 15 years, through highs and many more lows. This is the lowest, for me. After we sold Cabaye and didn't bring Cabayereplacement in, I knew we were f-ed. Sure, we may stumble to 40 points, a few lucky ties will do that. I don't have the connection that many of you do - when I started following English soccer/football, I chose Newcastle just because I liked the beer. Since then I have bought jerseys, decked my men's recreational soccer team in black n' white, and have brought my family to a game in Newcastle in 2005 (Emre won it for us vs. Birmingham). But I have seriously began to think about switching teams. If I do, it won't be one of the top four and it won't be Sunderland. Maybe Norwich? A player on my co-ed team is from England, and owns a tiny share in the club. West Ham - same situation, a fellow on my team from England follows them. I really can't see switching, but I really can't see waking up at 4am much longer watching this crap. If I do switch, once Ashley sells I'll be back.

For you fans in Newcastle, I'd simply stop going. It's not entertaining any more, the team has no desire to win and going just shows Ashley that it doesn't matter who's on the field, fans will still come. Yes, all teams lose on occasion, but today's game had a team not even trying to win. It really saddened me to see Ben Arfa, who's finally getting a chance, not even run for the last 10 minutes of the game.

f***ing hell 40? I left after the Carroll window(Bolton game was my last) after 15 years ST holder and another 10+ as a 10+ game a season kid. It was the right thing after seeing how this t*** runs us but must be tough to do after that long

Yep I first started going when Supermac was the boy, I've seen worst times that's for sure under Ardiles, Dinnis, McFaul, Jack Charlton etc. After years I finally thought we had achieved the way forward to challenge and be successful but then we had the Shepherd/Douglas Hall scandal, Shepherd appointing poor managers any buying 'big money flops' and finally John Hall taking his bit and selling to the first person he could, whilst feeding the support a load of s*** saying Ashley was the person to take the club forward. Missed five home games in that time due to illness and don't count myself as a superfan or a martyr or anything.

I just can't except someone openly taking the p*ss out of our support, which is amazing considering apart from a couple of years of mediocre success really in 60 years, is still averaging over 50 thousand. Enough is enough, I want to go to the match knowing that the club wants to attempt to being a success bring in quality and progress to match the support - under this regime that will never happen and it's got to the stage now when going to watch the match is a chore with very little enjoyment.

Also a fan of over 40 years and a season ticket holder for the last ten. Just put our seats up for sale on virago go for the rest of the season. Pardew has to go, Ashley I'd like to go, kinnear isn't even there to actually go as far as I can tell.

Guest Roger Kint

f***ing hell 40? I left after the Carroll window(Bolton game was my last) after 15 years ST holder and another 10+ as a 10+ game a season kid. It was the right thing after seeing how this t*** runs us but must be tough to do after that long

Yep I first started going when Supermac was the boy, I've seen worst times that's for sure under Ardiles, Dinnis, McFaul, Jack Charlton etc. After years I finally thought we had achieved the way forward to challenge and be successful but then we had the Shepherd/Douglas Hall scandal, Shepherd appointing poor managers any buying 'big money flops' and finally John Hall taking his bit and selling to the first person he could, whilst feeding the support a load of s*** saying Ashley was the person to take the club forward. Missed five home games in that time due to illness and don't count myself as a superfan or a martyr or anything.

I just can't except someone openly taking the p*ss out of our support, which is amazing considering apart from a couple of years of mediocre success really in 60 years, is still averaging over 50 thousand. Enough is enough, I want to go to the match knowing that the club wants to attempt to being a success bring in quality and progress to match the support - under this regime that will never happen and it's got to the stage now when going to watch the match is a chore with very little enjoyment.

Can only dream of seeing the likes on Supermac as a young lad, i think i saw 5 or 6 games in the late 80's til my first Newcastle goal and that was in Kenny Whartons testimonial :lol:

Can only dream of seeing the likes on Supermac as a young lad, i think i saw 5 or 6 games in the late 80's til my first Newcastle goal and that was in Kenny Whartons testimonial :lol:

Even in the 80s I enjoyed going to the match even though the team and club were in a far poorer position. The crowds were not as big, but nobody's were really. I hate these three cunts with a passion for forcing me no choice but to call it a day until they go; and as I said in another thread I don't expect to go back anytime soon after this season as there are too many who will just put up with the shit and just voice there feelings on a keyboard - sorry that won't change anything.

Guest Roger Kint

There was nothing better(even when you knew it was an arseraping) than going to the match. That buzz died thanks to Ashley and his many pearls of wisdom. Will never forget the complete apathy when i left the ground that last time, the feeling that i knew i had to stop was awful.

:lol:  I used to play football with Kenny Wharton.

Guest palnese

I've only been to a handful of games in my life, but I'll never go back as long as these cunts are in charge. I used to buy the home kit every year and I  had a subscription for NufcTV, but no more.

There's not much I can do, but at least I won't be giving any money to Ashley.

It's a shame as I fucking love the city, the area and it's people. Might be going back a few times a year on for non-footy related holidays.