Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I know from friends (no longer at he club)  that they want to try and follow London type prices which we all know will never happen .. and they also know that even though 52000 people come through the door they can never  ever match the income of clubs from the capital...

We are a big club but we do not generate nothing like the income of clubs form the south !!

I know from friends (no longer at he club)  that they want to try and follow London type prices which we all know will never happen .. and they also know that even though 52000 people come through the door they can never  ever match the income of clubs from the capital...

We are a big club but we do not generate nothing like the income of clubs form the south !!

We used to.

you can walk in ...they want people to sign up ..sadly they will never ever achieve the London prices (which I know Ashley wants)  they need bums on seats and I feel this may possibly be the bit of straw that broke the camels back !!

What is this based on? We've hardly made any moves to increase prices, in fact quite the opposite.

They cant increase prices if the fans know they aren't trying for cups, aren't bustung a gut for european football and they are happy to just maintain prem status.

They cant possibly increase the prices with that "business plan"

Nail on the head. The London clubs achieving better prices are offering a better product.

' we used to '  sums it up would we get the corporate deals ??  £1000 per year season tickets no I think Mike Ashley now knows this which is why even with trying to achieve more we will never be up there..... I sincerely hope I am wrong but I only listen to what others have talked about in my company !!!

' we used to '  sums it up would we get the corporate deals ??  £1000 per year season tickets no I think Mike Ashley now knows this which is why even with trying to achieve more we will never be up there..... I sincerely hope I am wrong but I only listen to what others have talked about in my company !!!

If he built a top 5 to top 4 challenging team, people would be falling over themselves to get season tickets.

you can walk in ...they want people to sign up ..sadly they will never ever achieve the London prices (which I know Ashley wants)  they need bums on seats and I feel this may possibly be the bit of straw that broke the camels back !!

What is this based on? We've hardly made any moves to increase prices, in fact quite the opposite.

They cant increase prices if the fans know they aren't trying for cups, aren't bustung a gut for european football and they are happy to just maintain prem status.

Nail on the head. The London clubs achieving better prices are offering a better product.

This is an extremely weird criticism. FYI QPR and Fulham charge a fortune also.

do You think ??  I would like to think that too  .....  I am not being negative more trying to be realistic  our season ticket prices are half that of some rubbish premier league sides

AND we have rubbish commercial income. 

do You think ??  I would like to think that too  .....  I am not being negative more trying to be realistic  our season ticket prices are half that of some rubbish premier league sides

AND we have rubbish commercial income. 

This is the main reason

This is an extremely weird criticism. FYI QPR and Fulham charge a fortune also.

They have smaller grounds and they can fill them easier. If we had 25k capacity we'd probably charge a lot more too.

My bulk payment to cover 3 years meant i paid about £480 a season.  If I stay in the same seat it's going to cost me at least £602 this years price) unless I get another loyalty offer from them.  So that'll be a minimum 25% hike to watch a club who haven't bought a player in 18 months.

Other option is to take my nephew and get us both a seat in the family section for about £480.  No hike, but means embracing middle age.

Decisions.

Take Ben with you, you old bollocks ;)

This is tougher than I thought it would be. I've drafted the e-mail, but I'm really hesitant to send it. :-/

I'm the same. I'm a little bottler though. :(

Can't decide, man! :explode:

I'm struggling with it too, so hard to let go of it!

A friend of mine hates Ashley and co but is renewing stating "I will still be around when he has gone" but whinges on about this that and the other and my argument is  watch the match in the toon with the lads and you still get your fix ,his attitude is a contributing factor why we will not  force change and that pisses me off.

A friend of mine hates Ashley and co but is renewing stating "I will still be around when he has gone" but whinges on about this that and the other and my argument is  watch the match in the toon with the lads and you still get your fix ,his attitude is a contributing factor why we will not  force change and that pisses me off.

We need to face the fact that attendances will never get to a level that will "force change", whatever that change will be. People like going to the match, it's normal. My advice would be to keep going as long as you fancy it, there's no reason to feel guilty about supporting your team on a match day.

Ticket prices for tomorrow ranged from £45-£70 and it sold out in a few hours. If we had the success the likes of Chelsea have enjoyed for the past decade and were genuine title challengers, Champions League every season, winning cups, we could sell out our stadium easily charging "London" prices. I'll state now that i'm totally against charging all that for what was once a working mans game but NUFC are one of the few clubs that could get away with charging daft money for tickets if they ever realised their potential.  Remember under Freddy Shepherd the club were charging £40 a ticket up in Milburn level 7 (whether that was against Fulham or Man Utd) in what is now the cheapest section in the stadium and he was filling it as well.

Apologies in advance as its no doubt been mentioned loads of times but how do I go about cancelling my season ticket? Is it a simple phone call? and does it have to be done by tomorrow night?

Not 100% doing it but that Net Spend table has really hit home to me just what a mug I've been spending money on this shite.

Cheers lads.

Guest neesy111

Apologies in advance as its no doubt been mentioned loads of times but how do I go about cancelling my season ticket? Is it a simple phone call? and does it have to be done by tomorrow night?

Not 100% doing it but that Net Spend table has really hit home to me just what a mug I've been spending money on this shite.

Cheers lads.

Has to be done tonight.  Apparently you can by email.

Cheers lads.

Has to be done tonight.  Apparently you can by email.

Cheers pal.