Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Didn't renew mine for this season. I'd still like to have one but with the cost of travel and the time away from home I just wasn't getting enough enjoyment out if it. If I lived in Newcastle then I'd more than likely have one though.

After years of commuting up most for the games I'm not renewing next year. My greatest fear was us getting to a final and not being able to get a ticket, but that clearly wont happen. Bit sick of doing the 3 hour train journey on my own as well both ways normally.  Much funner weekend not bothering, plus im right back into playing football as iv only been to 2 home games this year. Cant justify renewing it at all

This is similar to me, if SJP was on my doorstep it'd be a much easier decision. I'm out of the house for over six hours of a weekend to see a match, that's a lot of time away from my son. If it's a 3pm, by the time I'm back he's in bed.

Keep.

Decided a while back that, unless I couldn't afford it, I would always go.

Not enjoying it at the moment given the negative sh!te Pardew plays but I've seen it much worse and, even though it's meant to be entertaining...well, it's almost like a duty.  :laugh:

It's more than just the game...it's the craic, the beer, me mates, the City and club I love...it's loads of things and I love it! (even though it f.ucks me off at a rate of knots most of the time!  :uglystupid2: )

Very similar feelings.

Post match Saturday was the most pissed off I've been (or depressed maybe) since Reading at home last season, and that includes Liverpool and Sunderland last season.

I just like being in town and at SJP on match days and probably always will.

I agree about the experience of a match day. I love it, drinks before and after, chatting/forgetting about the game and having a good time. I'm up this weekend for the red vs blue game and to be quite honest that is the reason I'm coming, not to see nufc play. I haven't even bought a ticket. Just gonna have a good time with the guys on saturday, watch the game in the pub on sunday before heading home. I can enjoy match day without the expense of going in to the stadium.

I can enjoy match day without the expense of going in to the stadium.

...or experiencing the inevitable mauling!  :blackeye:

That's always the dilemma. Do you go and watch us get battered or stay away and miss us playing amazing and beat City? I normally tend to get it wrong mind so the rest of you should probably still go this week.

People on the 9 year Price Guarantee wanting to cancel their 2014/2015 season ticket need to do it by the 31st of January: -

14.7.1 Customers wishing to cancel the 9 Year Price Guarantee direct debit payment plan for future seasons must send written notice to the Club to "Box Office, Newcastle United Football Club, St. James' Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4ST" by 31 January (or other date as notified by the Club) prior to the commencement of the season in which the cancellation will take effect. No cancellations will be accepted after this date for the forthcoming season.

I'm on the 9 year scheme and I'm thinking of cancelling mainly because there is a possibility I may have to work away from the North East over the 2014/2015 season. I'm also sort of waiting to see if we do any transfer business or not and what the results are like in the rest of January. Having said that, I nearly cancelled last January and the new signings and the win over Aston Villa convinced me not to. The rest of the season turned out to be a relegation avoidance battle.

That's always the dilemma. Do you go and watch us get battered or stay away and miss us playing amazing and beat City? I normally tend to get it wrong mind so the rest of you should probably still go this week.

Aahh, well that's the thing with a season ticket. You just go and support the team and hope for the best. I'm not being facetious here-honestly-I just mean that if whether or not you went to games depended on whether or not you thought we were going to get howked, you'd hardly go at all.

I only go to half the home games but it costs me approaching £70 a game all in, and that's only having one or two drinks and not having to pay for the petrol to get me to the train station. It'll easily be £600+ a year.

Obviously nobody forces me to spend this money but what's the f***ing point? They don't give a f***, why should I?

That's why I gave mine up. I'll go back regularly when we have a club to support that has ambition.

Me as well.

I've only been to the Stoke game as a ticket was going spare but am getting the urge now so will start going to aways again, hopefully starting with West Ham.

Aahh, well that's the thing with a season ticket. You just go and support the team and hope for the best. I'm not being facetious here-honestly-I just mean that if whether or not you went to games depended on whether or not you thought we were going to get howked, you'd hardly go at all.

Though I've had a season ticket before I had to pick and choose which games to go too as I couldn't make them all. If I lived in the area I'd go to every game regardless but I don't see that ever happening. I just can't justify spending the best part of £80 for me and the wife to go. I'd rather drink that money on Saturday night, maybe she'll even put out.

Just saw on fb that the club said at the fans forum that we don't want to qualify for europa as it didn't generate enough cash (6m). And that cup wins can affect league form and end.in relegation; citing Brum and Wigan as examples.

To actually come out and admit that again makes my decision easy. What's the point in just existing? I think I'll come back and renew in a few years when we want to win.

I don't post but love this site and the passion for our club held within.

It makes me really sad to read some of the comments on here and that it has come to this for some of us, I for one will not be renewing this year.

I've held a ticket on and off since Keegan arrived as a player and my current seat since 00/01, the lack of ambition and disregard for us fans from the boardroom have finally finished me.

I fell in love with this club as a 5 year old ( now 48) and will continue to be, although sadly no longer from within SJP on match days.

What is the point in investing into a regime that's sole purpose if to be mediocre and just survive day to day.

To those who keep their tickets hats off to you, you are stronger than me, I'm done until the club can match my ambition and show a desire to win.

I am stuck on what to do, with my sight issues I am debating on just getting a full motorized say setup and a few card shares so I will have most games on TV. Its not the same as being there but of late being there is not that great even when we win. Atmosphere has died on its arse, no one has any real belief left, whilst Ashley here going to the match will never be like it used to be.

Just don't want to go down this route and regret it, not like I get out the house much anyway so going to the match is a break from the norm.

If i don't renew but buy a membership do i keep my loyalty.points?

I didn't renew for this season and haven't bothered with a membership either. When I log in to the online ticket office my profile now says "General sale" but my loyalty points are still there.

I am stuck on what to do, with my sight issues I am debating on just getting a full motorized say setup and a few card shares so I will have most games on TV. Its not the same as being there but of late being there is not that great even when we win. Atmosphere has died on its arse, no one has any real belief left, whilst Ashley here going to the match will never be like it used to be.

Just don't want to go down this route and regret it, not like I get out the house much anyway so going to the match is a break from the norm.

That's it for me now. Performances under Pardew are never going to have you on the edge of your seat but at least if there was an area where you could stand and have a bit of a sing song it would make it a bit more enjoyable. Atmosphere is flat as a fart as well and it's just as if everyone is going through the motions, players and fans alike.

Guest The_Optimistic

Keep, saving money argument won't work for me because if I wasn't at the match then wor lass would have me out shopping etc

Guest Roger Kint

Even if you are renewing you should leave it last possible minute to do so. Make the wankers sweat after those comments confirming they dont want to do anything above exist! Naturally those on the DD scheme dont have this option but others should do it.

Keep. Grudgingly.

On the downside, entering competitions without any intention to even try to win something seems pointless and goes against what I believe in, and to even come out and brazenly say as much is uninspiring to say the least and makes you wonder what the fucking point is. It's also becoming more of a ballache travelling up from Leeds every home game, can't often stop over as work weekends and often night shifts in my job. Also got other commitments and it's harder and harder to justify to the Mrs.

On the other hand, I'd miss it, gets me out of the house and when I can stop over I love the buzz of going home for a weekend in the city on the lash planned around going to the match. Also having the season ticket means I can pick and choose which aways I go to as opposed to scrabbling round on twitter for extras etc.

Having said that, should Ashley do anything spiteful like raise prices by a couple hundred quid whilst carrying on not even pretending to compete, I can easily see a point where I'd find the sacrifices too much to bother with it any more and jack it in.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

They've got four days to persuade me to keep, otherwise I'm cancelling.

Might as well have the email stored in drafts now tbh

Don't get why you would cancel after one player leaving in Jan. Chances are we will do most of our recruiting and re-building in the summer. We had an outside chance of Europe this season but now that seems all but gone especially if we don't get a replacement but next season is where our true test will lie with lots of the players moving on.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't get why you would cancel after one player leaving in Jan. Chances are we will do most of our recruiting and re-building in the summer. We had an outside chance of Europe this season but now that seems all but gone especially if we don't get a replacement but next season is where our true test will lie with lots of the players moving on.

Aye just blindly keep giving money regardless of what they do. 8 home games left, if no signings then its basically just 8 friendlies to the club. Maybe some people value themselves above being treat with such contempt on a regular basis.

Fwiw you can just as easily buy your ticket in July if/when these players you seem confident of getting(obviously no player will want to leave by then making it worse)