Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

Saw about the worst game I’ve ever seen at the weekend, influenced heavily by the stupid levels of wind. Sometimes reminds you how bad non-league football can really be.

Ehhhh !!!! Mike has spent £60 million on this team you ungrateful get

It's been a poor start to the season for Blyth - Clark is up against it. :( Didn't go last night and am pleased I didn't. Someone on the Blyth FB group reckoned that the chairman cut last season's budget by 40%, hence why most of the new players have been sourced from the Northern League.

It looks very much like a relegation battle. :(

Another defeat for Blyth today - this time 1-0 v Hereford. :( No Robbie Dale either, who may well possibly be on his way to Morpeth.

It's been a bad start for Lee Clark. I was hoping to make it along to see Spartans this season but if the poor form keeps up - am not so sure. Cash is tight for me. :???:

Went to watch Grantham vs FC United of Manchester this afternoon - cracking game, Town won 3-2 despite FC leading 2-1 at one point, FC bought a few hundred which made for a cracking atmosphere, usual gate is around 200 and today there was nearly 900 there so was different. Some of the FC fans are right knobheads like but it was decent overall.

Another good set of results for two local sides to me, Ryton & Crawcrook and Whickham at the weekend. Good to see them both in second in their respective leagues. Very surprised to see Hebburn lose at the weekend as well.  Similarly excellent starts to the season for Morpeth, South Shields, Dunston and Marske. Fingers crossed it continues.

Off to Bishop Auckland vs Hebburn tonight - I missed the game on Saturday to instead watch our shambles in a boozer (and the cricket on my phone to be fair!) and they lost for the first time so I might be a lucky charm!

Another good set of results for two local sides to me, Ryton & Crawcrook and Whickham at the weekend. Good to see them both in second in their respective leagues. Very surprised to see Hebburn lose at the weekend as well.  Similarly excellent starts to the season for Morpeth, South Shields, Dunston and Marske. Fingers crossed it continues.

Ryton won again last night .they might have to start the annual fight against promotion early this season.

Ryton won again last night .they might have to start the annual fight against promotion early this season.

Heard it was an excellent result against a strong Synners side, but another tough one this weekend against Bedlington. Also looks like Whickham fielded a weakened side at Stockton as they're focusing on Friday night's game at Thornaby.

Strong results for Hebburn and Guisborough in D1 (who are having a cracking start to the season). Was surprised Consett and Shildon lost. Benfield seem to have also gone under the radar despite numerous outgoings this season and had a very good result against Seaham last night. Very surprised to also see West Auckland struggling this early on but it's a long season of course.

In D2 it looks like anyone can beat anyone at this stage. Durham and Easington are struggling but Ryton and West Allotment have had very strong starts. Looks to be anyone's for the taking this season. Great for us spectators!