Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Bellamy. He did wonders for Shearer's late career although I don't think he'd ever acknowledge it.

He did a few times IIRC.

Since Bellamy left?

Not that I can remember, but you didn't specify that. At the time I remember him saying on quite a few occasions that Bellamy had effectively extended his career etc.

:rolleyes:

Bellamy was the better partner imo because Shearer needed his pace to do his running, and Bellamy needed Shearer to feed off. Ferdinand was more a case of two top class centre-forwards scoring chances created for them by the likes of Gillespie, Ginola, Beardsley, etc. etc rather than a partnership and how they linked up.

Bellamy. He did wonders for Shearer's late career although I don't think he'd ever acknowledge it.

They both needed each other at the time, imo. Remember when Bellamy came here he wasn't exactly playing the best football of his career, either.

I'd say ferdinand, just.

They both needed each other at the time, imo. Remember when Bellamy came here he wasn't exactly playing the best football of his career, either.

I'd say ferdinand, just.

How old was he when he came here to be not playing the best football of his career? :lol:

he'd been brilliant at Norwich in his teens and then spent a large proportion of his short time at Coventry out on the wing.

I'd say ferdinand, just.

How old was he when he came here to be not playing the best football of his career? :lol:

he'd been brilliant at Norwich in his teens and then spent a large proportion of his short time at Coventry out on the wing.

the guy was shit for coventry, and when we splashed out 6m on him most of us weren't happy. You're blind as a bat if you didn't see that playing alongside Shearer helped him as much as he helped AS.

BTW, he's playing on the wing now and he's not doing too badly. :rolleyes:

It's a myth that Bellamy helped shearer's career without getting anything back. And you are falling for it.

It's bizarre how much barrel-scraping comes immediately after Ferdinand and Bellamy. Maybe if we'd had three quality strikers in the Bobby era, we might even have had a better shot at the title (or 4th place in 03/04's case). I mean, you are looking at the likes of Shola and Kevin Gallacher (after the obvious two) as the next 'best partners'.

Special mention for Duncan too. Didn't last very long, but I enjoyed the "Twin Towers" a lot.

For me it has to be Les. I think it's very harsh to say they were just two quality strikers rather than partners, they were very willing to always help each other out right from the start.

Bellamy was exactly what Shearer needed at that time (which underlines Sir Bobby's genius really) but overall has to be Ferdinand.

Ferdinand, then Bellamy.  As has been said, Les was probably less of a partnership than just two goal machines, but still.  Bellamy probably revitalised Shearer.

He was pretty poor at Coventry, a lot were surprised we signed him after that spell.  He was appalling at St James.

I'd say ferdinand, just.

the guy was shit for coventry, and when we splashed out 6m on him most of us weren't happy. You're blind as a bat if you didn't see that playing alongside Shearer helped him as much as he helped AS.

It's  a myth that Bellamy helped shearer's career without getting anything back. And you are falling for it.

I must have missed the bit of my post where I said any of that?

I'd say ferdinand, just.

It's  a myth that Bellamy helped shearer's career without getting anything back. And you are falling for it.

I must have missed the bit of my post where I said any of that?

What you're on about now? That their partnership didn’t help them equally?  If so, your first post implied it.