Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Despite the club providing free transport for Rovers supporters for Wednesday’s trip to Villa Park, only 1,500 tickets have been sold from an allocation of 4,000.

He said: “The players are delighted to be in the semi-final. They’ve worked hard and they’re very excited about it. If the fans aren't as excited as we are, that’s hard luck.

“I don’t know why they booed. Fans seem to think they are much bigger experts than ever before, so they portray their disapproval more vociferously.

“That’s the problem we face, not just in football but everyday life. You look at the negativity around football and it’s filled with it.

“It’s such a wonderful game, but you wonder why people bother watching it if they are only going to be negative.

They [supporters] will be moaning like mad, though, when we get to the final and they can’t get a ticket.

“They’ll sell out in a day, but we’ll look forward to the aggravation of everybody ringing up and us not having enough tickets to give to our fans.”

Allardyce admits he is using images of trophies lifted by predecessors Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness as motivational tools for his players.

He said: “We’ve got pictures of Kenny and Souey with their trophies and I’ve had them put up in the corridor at Ewood Park.

“I don’t want people to forget the recent history of this football club, even though I think that sometimes the fans here are a bit more critical because of it.

“At Bolton, we had pictures on the wall of European nights. We got there twice and they’d never been there before.

“It would have been Champions League as well, but they didn’t want it, so I buggered off.

“You can get bogged down thinking about Premier League safety and the millions it brings.

“The winning feeling is what we strive for and winning the Carling Cup would allow us to create our own history at the club.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/blackburn/7028179/Sam-Allardyce-hits-out-at-negative-Blackburn-fans-ahead-of-Carling-Cup-semi-final.html

we’ll look forward to the aggravation of everybody ringing up and us not having enough tickets to give to our fans.”

If Blackburn win, he would it seems then be happy if the club did not  have enough tickets for the fans!!! What a cunt

“It would have been Champions League as well, but they didn’t want it, so I buggered off.

Is he saying he could have got Bolton into the Champions league, but Bolton didn't want to get into the champions league?

Guest Brummiemag

Even based on Blackburn's average home attendances which must be above 20,000,  to only sell 1,500 tickets (with free transport) is a truly shocking turnout for a semi final of a major cup competition. 

Even based on Blackburn's average home attendances which must be above 20,000,  to only sell 1,500 tickets (with free transport) is a truly shocking turnout for a semi final of a major cup competition. 

Eeasy said when Sam Allerdyce isn't your manager.

If they got to the final they wouldn't even sell all of their tickets, nevermind sell out in a day.

Big Sam would need ll the seats anyway for his ego.

You'd need to extend Wembley for that.

Guest Brummiemag

Good point, but all things considered its still a disappointing turnout

Guest neesy111

Good point, but all things considered its still a disappointing turnout

even with allardyce we took 6,000 to blackburn, for a semi final we could take 20,000 tbh